Features and Benefits
The JG963A HPE 1950 48g PoE Rack-Mountable 48 Ports Managed Switch is a powerful, high-performance switch that is designed to meet the needs of enterprise networks. Some of its key features and benefits include:
- 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports with PoE: The switch has 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, which provide high-speed data transfer and support for Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices such as IP phones, cameras, and wireless access points.
- Managed switch: The JG963A is a managed switch, which means it can be configured and monitored using a web interface or command-line interface. This allows for easy setup and management of the switch.
- Advanced security features: The switch includes advanced security features such as access control lists (ACLs) and IEEE 802.1x authentication, which can help protect your network from unauthorized access and malicious attacks.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The JG963A supports Quality of Service (QoS), which allows you to prioritize different types of traffic and ensure that mission-critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Rack-mountable design: The switch can be easily mounted in a standard 19-inch rack, making it a great choice for data centers and other enterprise environments.
- Energy-efficient design: The switch has energy-efficient design which helps to reduce energy costs and minimize your organization's environmental impact.
Network Management and Security Features
The JG963A HPE 1950 48g PoE Rack-Mountable 48 Ports Managed Switch is a powerful networking device designed for use in enterprise and data center environments. It is equipped with 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, all of which support Power over Ethernet (PoE) to provide power to connected devices such as IP cameras, wireless access points, and VoIP phones.
The switch features a user-friendly web-based interface for easy management and configuration. It also includes advanced network management and security features to help protect your network from potential threats. These features include:
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): Allows you to set up rules to control access to specific resources on your network
- Quality of Service (QoS): Prioritizes network traffic to ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): Enables you to bundle multiple physical ports together to increase bandwidth and provide redundancy
- Storm Control: Helps prevent network congestion by limiting the amount of broadcast, multicast, and unknown unicast traffic
- DHCP Snooping: Helps prevent malicious DHCP servers from being introduced to the network
- Dynamic ARP Inspection: Detects and prevents ARP spoofing attacks
Compatibility and Interoperability
The JG963A HPE 1950 48g PoE Rack-Mountable 48 Ports Managed Switch is compatible with a variety of different network environments and devices. This switch is designed to work seamlessly with other HPE networking products, as well as with third-party devices from other manufacturers.
In terms of interoperability, the JG963A is compatible with a wide range of protocols, including IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3at, and IEEE 802.3az. This means that the switch can easily connect to and communicate with other devices, such as servers, routers, and other switches, that use these protocols.
Additionally, the JG963A supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology, which allows it to provide power to connected devices through the Ethernet cable. This feature makes it easy to connect and power devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and surveillance cameras without the need for additional power cords or outlets.
Main Specification about the HPE JG963A
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU # JG963A
- Device Type: Managed Switch
- Enclosure Type : Rack-Mountable - 1u
- Subtype : Gigabit Ethernet
- Ports : 48 X 10/100/1000 (Poe+) + 2 X 10 Gigabit Ethernet / 1 Gigabit Ethernet Sfp+ + 2 X 10GB Ethernet
- Power Over Ethernet (Poe) : Poe+
- Poe Budget : 370 W
- Throughput (64-Byte Packet Size) : 130.9 MPPS ¦ Routing/Switching Capacity : 176 GBPS
- Capacity : Ipv4 Routing Table Entries : 32 ¦ Ipv6 Routing Table Entries : 32
- Mac Address Table Size : 16384 Entries
- Jumbo Frame Support : Yes
- Routing Protocol : Igmp, Static Ipv4 Routing, Static Ipv6 Routing
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp 1, Rmon 2, Snmp 3, Snmp 2c, Http, Https
- Authentication Method : Radius
- Arp Support, Port Mirroring, Half Duplex Mode, Full Duplex Mode, Spanning Tree Protocol (Stp) Support, Virtual Route Redundancy Protocol (Vrrp) Support, Access Control List (Acl) Support, Quality Of Service (Qos), Mld Snooping, Equal-Cost Multipath (Ecmp), Stp Root Guard, Lldp Support, Link Aggregation Control Protocol (Lacp), Packet Storm Protection, Class Of Service (Cos)
- Compliant Standards : IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3i, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1d, IEEE 802.1q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (Lacp), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1ab (Lldp), IEEE 802.3at
- RAM : 1 GB - Sdram
- Flash Memory : 128 MB
Expansion / Connectivity
- 1 X 1000Base-T - Rj-45 - Poe+
- 2 X Gigabit / 10gbit Lan - Sfp+
- 2 X 10G Base-T - Rj-45
- 1 X Console - Rj-45 - Management
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 17.3 inch
- Depth : 16.5 inch
- Height : 1.7 inch
- Weight : 15.43 lbs
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.