Management and Monitoring of Raid Controller
The Dell 07H4CN Perc H730p 8 Channel PCI-Express 3.0 SAS 12GBPS SATA 6GBPS Raid Controller can be managed and monitored through the following methods:
- Dell OpenManage Storage Management software - This software allows for the management and monitoring of the controller and its connected drives through a web-based interface.
- Dell OpenManage Server Administrator - This software allows for the management and monitoring of the controller and its connected drives through a web-based interface, as well as through command-line interface.
- Dell OpenManage PowerEdge RAID Controller (OMSA) - This software allows for the management and monitoring of the controller and its connected drives through a command-line interface.
- Dell's RAID Web Console 2 - This software allows for the management and monitoring of the controller and its connected drives through a web-based interface, as well as through a command-line interface.
- Dell's RAID BIOS (UEFI) - This software allows for the management and monitoring of the controller and its connected drives through the BIOS (UEFI) interface during the boot process.
- Using S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) for hard disk drives that come with it, to monitor the health of the hard disk drives, and to detect and report on various indicators of drive reliability.
The management and monitoring of the controller can be done locally or remotely, depending on the software used and the network configuration of the server.
Power Consumption and Energy Efficiency
The Dell 07H4CN Perc H730p 8 Channel PCI-Express 3.0 SAS 12GBPS SATA 6GBPS Raid Controller is designed to be energy efficient, consuming minimal power to operate. The exact power consumption will depend on the number of drives connected to the controller and the RAID configuration being used.
The controller supports the following energy-saving features:
- Dynamic Power Management: The controller can adjust power consumption based on the workload, reducing power usage when the system is idle.
- Hot Plug Support: The controller allows for hot-plugging of drives, so you can add or replace drives without having to power off the system.
- Low-Profile Form Factor: The controller is designed to fit into low-profile systems, reducing overall energy consumption.
- Power Loss Data Protection: The controller has an onboard capacitor that provides power for up to 72 hours to preserve data in case of power failure.
- Energy Efficient Design: The controller is designed to consume minimal power when not in use, making it an energy-efficient choice for your system.
In general, the controller is designed to be as energy-efficient as possible while providing high-performance RAID functionality.
Easy Integration and Installation
The Dell 07H4CN Perc H730p 8 Channel PCI-Express 3.0 SAS 12GBPS SATA 6GBPS Raid Controller is designed to be easy to integrate and install. Some key features and benefits of this controller include:
- Plug and Play: The controller is designed to be easy to install and set up, with plug-and-play functionality that allows it to be recognized by the system without the need for additional drivers or software.
- Compatibility: The controller is compatible with a wide range of Dell servers, allowing for easy integration into existing systems.
- RAID Management: The controller comes with a built-in RAID management utility, which allows for easy setup and management of RAID configurations, as well as monitoring of the status and health of the connected drives.
- Multiple RAID Levels: The controller supports multiple RAID levels, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and 60, allowing for flexibility in data protection and performance.
- Hot-Plug Support: The controller supports hot-plugging, allowing for the replacement of failed drives without the need to shut down the system.
- Automatic Data Recovery: The controller has the ability to automatically recover data in case of a drive failure, minimizing the risk of data loss.
- Online Capacity Expansion: The controller allows for online capacity expansion, which allows adding disks to the RAID configuration without downtime.
- Performance Optimization: The controller uses a dedicated processor and cache memory to optimize performance and reduce the load on the server's CPU.
- Remote Management: The controller supports remote management through iDRAC, which allows for monitoring and managing the controller from anywhere.
General Information 07H4CN Dell
- Brand: Dell
- MPN : 07H4CN
- Type: Controller
- Sub-Type: SAS-SATA
Technical Information 07H4CN
- Device Type : Storage Controller (Raid) - Plug-In Card
- Bus Type : PCIE 3.0 X8
- Interface : SATA 6GB/S / SAS 12GB/S
- Data Transfer Rate : 1.2 GBPS
- Buffer Size : 2GB
- Supported Devices : Disk Array (Raid)
- Channel Qty : 8
- Max Storage Devices Qty : 255
- Raid Level : Raid 0, Raid 1, Raid 5, Raid 6, Raid 10, Raid 50, Raid 60
- System Requirements : Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Sp1, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Sp4, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Sp3, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5
- Designed For : Poweredge R430, R530, R630, R730, R730xd
About New Bulk Pack Products
SAS controllers facilitate the use of SATA drives to increase the storage capacity with extreme ease. You can get the best SAS SATA controllers here on allhdd.com. Our SAS SATA controllers are some of the best you can find around at the best prices.
SATA is the acronym for Serial Advanced Technology Attachment while the SCSI, nicknamed Scuzzy, is short for Serial Attached Small Computer System Interface.
SATA and SAS connectors help link up your computer components, including media and hard drives to the system's motherboard. SATA drives are more affordable and used for personal computing while fast and reliable SAS drives are the best fit for servers.
On the other hand, SAS controllers work flawlessly on SATA hard drives because both share identical infrastructure and possess related characteristics.
If you'd prefer speed over space, then a SAS-based hard drive is your best bet. However, SATA drives on the other hand, while lagging in terms of speed have a much larger storage capacity.
Data Transfer Speed
Throughput is the volume of data that a drive can move, process, or read and write in a specific amount of time. The drive's throughput is usually tested to measure its speed.
The Input/output operations per second (IOPS) may also be measured. However, the IOPS and throughput outcomes usually imply the same things about the drive.
While the SAS drives boast higher throughput than SATA drives; there are fewer general delays. But there is some overlap between the more high-speed SATA drives and slower SAS drives. On allhdd.com, you can shop some of the best SAS SATA controllers from well-known brands across the world.
While a handful of factors affect the drive's performance, the major factor affecting throughput is the revolution per minute (rpm). Consequently, the higher the rpm, the higher the drive's throughput.
The speed variation is most notable when dealing with large files. A SAS drive boasting 15000 rpm will most likely read and write a 1TB file faster than a SATA drive with 7200 rpm.
Most SATA-based drives' usual speed ranges from 5400 rpm to 7200 rpm, and most SAS-based drives run between 7200 rpm and 15000 rpm.
SAS-SATA Controllers on Allhdd.com
While you can count on both quality and affordability, we also bring you a wide range of SAS SATA controllers to cater to your storage needs. SAS and SATA's notable difference is that SAS is developed to endure 24/7 performance in firms, including data centers. Choose from our collection of top-quality SAS SATA controllers including 24 Port, PERC H830, Expander Card, PERC H330, PERC H730, PERC 5, Host Bus Adapter, Equallogic, PERC H710, 4 Port, 1-Port, 8 Port, PERC H700, PERC H800, Smart Array, Serveraid, PERC H740, Raid Controller, PCI-E, 12 Port, Controller Card, and16 Port.
You can use a SATA drive for servers just as you would use a SAS drive. However, the SATA drive would deliver a slower performance and a higher probability of failing or hinting at a failure. This laxity could prove expensive to firms that depend on such drives.
A SAS drive has a mean time between failures (MTBF) that ranges from (1.2-1.6 million) hours of use at 113°F (45°C), while that of a SATA drive is about (700,000-1.2 million) hours of use at 77°F (25°C).
SATA disk drives offer many benefits, including the fact that they boast an unbeatable combination of low cost, high capacity, and performance. Taking advantage of this with SAS SATA controllers could bring a significant return on investment. You can count on a 24/7 customer care center for all issues regarding sales and delivery. Allhdd.com delivers all items free of charge within the 48 U. S. states. Please choose from our collection of top-quality SAS SATA controllers today for optimum performance.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 07H4CN at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Controller - SAS-SATA
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.