Overview of the 210-APFB Switch
The 210-APFB is a Dell 48-port Layer 3 managed Ethernet switch. It provides advanced features for enterprise and data center networks, including support for VLANs, Quality of Service (QoS), and Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP). The switch supports both 10GbE and 1GbE connections, allowing for a high-performance and flexible network solution.
Some key features of the 210-APFB switch include:
- Layer 3 switching: The switch supports advanced routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP, allowing for complex network topologies and enhanced network performance.
- Virtual LAN (VLAN) support: The switch supports multiple VLANs, enabling network administrators to segment their network into isolated broadcast domains, improving network security and reducing network congestion.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports advanced QoS features, such as prioritization of network traffic based on protocol, application, or user-defined criteria, ensuring that critical network traffic is given priority over less critical traffic.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): The switch supports LACP, which allows multiple physical links to be bundled together to form a single, logical link. This helps to increase network reliability and improve network performance.
Network Connectivity and Ports
The 210-APFB Dell 48 Ports L3 Managed Ethernet Switch is a high-performance network connectivity device designed for businesses, data centers, and other network-intensive environments. It features 48 Ethernet ports, providing high-speed network connectivity for multiple devices and networks.
The switch is managed, which means it can be configured, monitored, and maintained through a graphical user interface or command-line interface. It operates at the L3 level, providing advanced routing capabilities and support for multiple VLANs and subnets.
The switch supports various types of network connections, including 10/100/1000BASE-T, 1000BASE-SX/LX, and 100BASE-FX. This allows the switch to connect with a wide range of devices, including servers, computers, storage systems, and other networking equipment.
In addition, the 210-APFB Dell 48 Ports L3 Managed Ethernet Switch has advanced security features, such as access control lists (ACLs) and port security, to protect against unauthorized access and data theft. It also has energy-saving technologies, such as Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), to reduce power consumption and minimize environmental impact.
Power and Cooling Requirements
The 210-APFB Dell 48 Ports L3 Managed Ethernet Switch is a high-performance switch that provides efficient data transfer, routing, and management. The device requires a power source to operate and has specific requirements for cooling to maintain its performance and stability.
- Input voltage: 100-240 VAC
- Power consumption: 250W maximum
- Input frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: -4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Operating humidity: 10% to 90% (non-condensing)
- Storage humidity: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
- Air flow rate: 540 LFM
- Acoustic noise: 53.2 dBA at full power
It is important to note that these requirements must be met to ensure proper operation and longevity of the switch. It is also recommended to use a UPS system to protect the switch from power failures and fluctuations.
General Information about this Dell 210-APFB
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Model Number or SKU# 210-APFB
- Product Type: Managed Switch
Interfaces / Ports for 48 Ports Switch
- Total Number of Ports: 48
- 48 X 25 Gigabit Sfp28 + 4 X 100 Gigabit Qsfp28 + 2 X 200 Gigabit Qsfp28-dd
- 48 X 25gbit Lan Sfp28 ¦ 4 X 100gbit Lan Qsfp28 ¦ 2 X 200gbit Lan Qsfp28-dd ¦ 1 X Serial (rs-232) Rj-45 Management
- Port : 48 Ports
- Switching Capacity: 2 TBPS
Capacity of Ethernet Switch
- Mac Addresses: 160000 ¦ Arp Entries: 128000 ¦ Ipv4 Routes: 128000 ¦ Ipv6 Routes: 64000 ¦ Multicast Hosts: 32000 ¦
- Link Aggregation Groups: 16 ¦ Layer 2 Vlans: 4000 ¦ Mstp Instances: 64
Routing Protocol Managed Switch
- Ospf, Bgp-4, Ospfv2, Ospfv3, Policy-based Routing
- Remote Management Protocol:
- Snmp 1, Snmp 2, Tftp, Ssh-2, Cli, Scp
- Encryption Algorithm: Md5
- Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3x, Ieee 802.3ad (lacp), Ieee 802.1w, Ieee 802.1x,
- Ieee 802.3ac, Ieee 802.1s, Ieee 802.1t, Ieee 802.1ab (lldp), Ieee 802.1qbb, Ieee 802.1qaz
- Ram: 16 Gb
- Built-in Devices: 32 Gb Ssd
- Internal Power Supply - Hot-plug
- Voltage Required: Ac 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption: Operational: 400 Watt
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.