The installation and configuration of the Dell 400-BCWT 8TB 7.2K SAS 12GBPS Hot-plug Hard Drive is a straightforward process that can be completed by anyone with basic computer skills. Here is a general guide on how to install and configure the hard drive:
- Prepare the system: Before installing the hard drive, make sure that the system is powered off and unplugged from the electrical outlet.
- Insert the hard drive: Install the hard drive into the hot-swap tray or the hot-plug backplane, and then insert the tray or backplane into the system.
- Power on the system: Power on the system and wait for it to boot up.
- Format the hard drive: Format the hard drive using the appropriate file system, such as NTFS for Windows or ext4 for Linux.
- Configure RAID: If the hard drive is being used in a RAID environment, configure the RAID settings using the appropriate RAID controller software.
- Install the operating system: Install the operating system on the hard drive, if it is being used as a boot drive.
- Install the driver: Install the appropriate driver for the hard drive, if necessary.
- Test the hard drive: Test the hard drive to ensure that it is working properly.
It's important to note that the installation and configuration process may vary depending on the system and the operating system being used. It is recommended to consult the system and hard drive manual for specific instructions. Additionally, the hard drive should be configured and formatted before use, also, it is recommended to make a backup of the data before proceeding with the installation and configuration of the hard drive.Operating Systems
The Dell 400-BCWT 8TB 7.2K SAS 12GBPS Hot-plug Hard Drive is designed to be compatible with a wide range of operating systems. Some of the most common operating systems that are compatible with this hard drive include:
- Windows: The Dell 400-BCWT hard drive is compatible with various versions of Windows, such as Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Server.
- Linux: The hard drive is also compatible with various distributions of Linux, such as Ubuntu, Debian, Red Hat, and SuSE.
- Unix: The hard drive is also compatible with Unix operating systems, such as Solaris and AIX.
- VMware: The hard drive is also compatible with VMware virtualization software, which allows the hard drive to be used as a storage device for virtual machines.
- Hyper-V: The hard drive is also compatible with Microsoft's Hyper-V virtualization software, which allows the hard drive to be used as a storage device for virtual machines.
It is important to note that the hard drive may require specific drivers or firmware updates to be fully compatible with certain operating systems. Additionally, the hard drive may need to be formatted with a specific file system, such as NTFS for Windows, ext4 for Linux, or ZFS for Unix.RAID Support and Compatibility
RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) is a method of combining multiple hard drives into a single logical storage unit to improve performance and provide data redundancy. The Dell 400-BCWT 8TB 7.2K SAS 12GBPS Hot-plug Hard Drive is designed to be compatible with various RAID configurations, allowing it to be used in a wide range of systems and environments.
Here are some of the most common RAID levels that are compatible with the Dell 400-BCWT hard drive:
- RAID 0 (Striping): RAID 0 splits data across multiple hard drives to improve performance. It does not provide data redundancy, so it is not recommended for use with critical data.
- RAID 1 (Mirroring): RAID 1 creates an exact copy of data on multiple hard drives for data redundancy. If one hard drive fails, the data can still be accessed from the other hard drive.
- RAID 5 (Striping with Parity): RAID 5 stripes data across multiple hard drives and also provides data redundancy by using parity data. If one hard drive fails, the data can still be accessed from the parity data.
- RAID 6 (Striping with Dual Parity): RAID 6 is similar to RAID 5 but it uses dual parity data for increased data redundancy.
- RAID 10 (Mirrored and Striped): RAID 10 is a combination of RAID 1 and RAID 0, it provides both data redundancy and performance improvement.
It's important to note that the Dell 400-BCWT hard drive must be used in conjunction with a RAID controller that supports SAS interface, also, the hard drive should be configured and formatted before use in a RAID environment.
- Manufacturer : Dell
- Part Number or SKU# 400-BCWT
- Type : Hard Disk Drive
- HDD Type : SAS 12GBPS
- Capacity : 8 TB
- Drive Transfer Rate : 1200 MBPS (External)
- Spindle Speed : 7200 RPM
- Cache : 256 MB Turboboost Enhanced Cache
- Sector Size : 512n
Product Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 5.63 inch
- Width: 3.75 inch
- Depth: 7.00 inch
- Weight: 1.35 lbs
- Poweredge R640
- Poweredge R740
- Poweredge R740xd
- Poweredge C6420
- Poweredge R440
- Poweredge R540
- Poweredge R6415
- Poweredge R7415
- Poweredge R7425
- Powervault Nx3240
- Poweredge R240
- Poweredge R340
- Poweredge R740xd2
- Powervault Nx440
- Poweredge R6515
- Poweredge R6525
- Poweredge R7515
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.