Additional Features and Benefits
The "Additional Features and Benefits" section would highlight any additional features or benefits that the Dell 400-BLKZ 8TB 7.2K RPM SAS 12GBPS Hot Plug Hard Drive offers beyond its basic function as a storage device. Some possible examples of additional features and benefits of the Dell 400-BLKZ 8TB 7.2K RPM SAS 12GBPS Hot Plug Hard Drive include:
- Advanced data security: The drive may have advanced error correction and data recovery features that help protect stored data from corruption or loss.
- RAID Support: The drive may support RAID configurations, which can improve data protection by mirroring data across multiple drives, or by striping data across multiple drives for increased performance.
- Large storage capacity of 8TB: This is ideal for large data storage needs.
- 7.2K RPM: Improves performance by reducing data access time.
- Energy-efficient design: The drive may be designed to minimize power consumption and reduce energy costs.
- Compatible with multiple server and storage platforms: The drive may be compatible with multiple server and storage platforms that support SAS-12 Gbps host interface.
- Hot-plug capability for easy replacement and maintenance.
It's important to note that actual additional features and benefits depend on the specific product and the vendor. It would be best to check the product documentation or consult the vendor for a detailed list of features and benefits of the Dell 400-BLKZ 8TB 7.2K RPM SAS 12GBPS Hot Plug Hard Drive.
Interface and Connectivity
The "Interface and Connectivity" section of the subheadings would refer to the type of interface and connectivity options that the Dell 400-BLKZ 8TB 7.2K RPM SAS 12GBPS Hot Plug Hard Drive uses to connect and communicate with the host system.
- Interface: The Dell 400-BLKZ 8TB 7.2K RPM SAS 12GBPS Hot Plug Hard Drive uses SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) interface with a data transfer rate of 12 Gbps. SAS is a high-speed data storage interface that allows for faster data transfer and improved performance compared to traditional SATA interfaces.
- Connectivity: The drive connects to the host system through an internal SAS-12 Gbps host interface, this is typically done by connecting the drive to the host's internal SAS or SATA ports.
- Hot-plug capability: The drive has the ability to be connected or disconnected from the host system while the system is powered on and running, allowing for easy replacement and maintenance without disrupting the operation of the system.
It would also include information on any additional connectivity options, such as support for RAID configurations or other advanced data protection features.
It's important to note that the actual interface and connectivity options depend on the specific product and the vendor. It would be best to check the product documentation or consult the vendor for more detailed information on the interface and connectivity options of the Dell 400-BLKZ 8TB 7.2K RPM SAS 12GBPS Hot Plug Hard Drive.
The "Installation instructions" section would provide detailed instructions on how to properly install the Dell 400-BLKZ 8TB 7.2K RPM SAS 12GBPS Hot Plug Hard Drive in a server or storage system. This section would typically include information on the following:
- Compatibility: The section would specify the types of servers and storage systems that the drive is compatible with.
- Hardware requirements: The section would list the specific hardware requirements, such as the type of SAS or SATA connector, that the drive requires.
- Physical installation: The section would provide step-by-step instructions on how to physically install the drive into the server or storage system.
- Firmware and driver updates: The section would provide information on whether any firmware or driver updates are required for the drive to work properly.
- Configuration: The section would provide instructions on how to configure the drive in the host system, including how to set up RAID, if supported.
- Safety precautions: The section would include any safety precautions that should be followed when installing the drive.
It's important to note that the actual installation instructions depend on the specific product and the vendor. It would be best to check the product documentation or consult the vendor for detailed installation instructions for the Dell 400-BLKZ 8TB 7.2K RPM SAS 12GBPS Hot Plug Hard Drive.
General Information about this Dell 400-BLKZ
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Part Number or SKU# 400-BLKZ
- Interface: SAS 12GBPS
- Product Type: Hard Drive Hot-plug Nearline
Technical Information of 8TB Hard Disk
- Storage Capacity: 8TB
- Spindle Speed: 7200 RPM
- Drive Transfer Rate: 1200 MBPS (external)
Dimension and Weight for 7.2K RPM Hard Drive
- Width: 4 Inch
- Depth: 5.8 Inch
- Height: 1 Inch
- Weight: 1.52 Lbs
Expansion & Connectivity of SAS 12GBPS Hard Disk Drive
- Interfaces: 1 X Serial Attached Scsi 12GBPS
- Compatible Bays: 1 X Hot-plug 3.5 Inch
- Poweredge R640
- Poweredge R740
- Poweredge R740xd
- Poweredge C6420
- Poweredge R440
- Poweredge R540
- Poweredge R6415
- Poweredge R7415
- Poweredge R7425
- Powervault Nx3240
- Poweredge R240
- Poweredge R340
- Poweredge R740xd2
- Powervault Nx440
- Poweredge R6515
- Poweredge R6525
- Poweredge R7515
- Poweredge C6525
- Bsn Controller Node
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.