Features and Benefits of the Tri-Mode Configuration
The Dell 403-BBUE 12GBPS SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIE Raid Controller offers a range of features and benefits to enhance the storage capabilities of your server.
- Tri-mode capability, supporting SAS, SATA, and NVMe drives
- RAID support, allowing you to configure a redundant storage array for increased data protection
- 12 Gbps SAS connectivity, providing fast storage performance
- Support for up to 8 SAS/SATA drives, and 2 NVMe drives
- Support for SED (Self-Encrypting Drives) for increased data security
- Improved Storage Performance: With support for NVMe drives and 12 Gbps SAS connectivity, the controller card provides fast and efficient storage options for your server.
- Increased Data Protection: With RAID support, you can configure a redundant storage array to protect your data from hardware failures.
- Flexible Storage Options: The tri-mode capability allows you to use SAS, SATA, and NVMe drives, providing flexibility for different use cases.
- Secure Storage: The support for SEDs provides an extra layer of data security to protect sensitive information.
NVME Drive Support and Performance
The Dell 403-BBUE 12GBPS SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIE Raid Controller supports Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) drives for fast and efficient storage performance.
NVMe Drive Support:
- The controller supports NVMe drives, allowing for fast and efficient storage performance for demanding workloads.
- The controller supports both NVMe and NVMe over Fabrics (NVMe-oF), providing options for both internal and external storage.
- NVMe drives can reach transfer speeds up to 3200 MB/s, providing fast storage performance for demanding workloads.
- The controller supports RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10 configurations, allowing you to configure a redundant storage array for increased data protection.
The Dell 403-BBUE 12GBPS SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIE Raid Controller is compatible with a range of servers.
- The controller is compatible with Dell PowerEdge Servers, specifically with Dell PowerEdge R-series rack servers and Dell PowerEdge T-series tower servers.
- The controller requires a server with a PCI Express 3.0 x8 or x16 slot for compatibility.
Operating System Compatibility:
- The controller is compatible with Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016
- Windows 7 and 10
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5, 6, and 7
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 and 12
- VMware vSphere 5.5 and 6.0
- Brand: Dell
- MPN : 403-BBUE
- Type: Controller
- Sub-Type: Raid Controller
- SKU : 403-BBUE
- Physical Dimensions Low Profile 6.127" X 2.712"
- Cache Protection Cachevault Cvpm05
- Host Bus Type X8 Lane PCI Express® 3.1
- Cache Memory 4GB 2133 Mhz Ddr4 Sdram
- Raid Management Software Lsi Storage Authority (lsa), Storcli (command-line Interface), Hii (uefi Human Interface Infrastructure).
- Internal Ports 16
- Data Transfer Rates 12 GB/s SAS-3 And 8 Gt/s PCIE Gen 3 (nvme) Compliant.
- Devices Supported Sas/sata: 255, Nvme: 4 X4, Up To 24 X2 Or X4*
- Internal Connectors 4 Mini-sas Hd X4 Sff-8643
- Operating Temperature 10° To 55° C
- Operating Voltage(v) +12v +/-8%, 3.3v +/-9%
- I/o Processor/sas Controller Sas3516 Dual-core Raid-on-chip (roc).
SAS controllers facilitate the use of SATA drives to increase the storage capacity with extreme ease. You can get the best SAS SATA controllers here on allhdd.com. Our SAS SATA controllers are some of the best you can find around at the best prices.
SATA is the acronym for Serial Advanced Technology Attachment while the SCSI, nicknamed Scuzzy, is short for Serial Attached Small Computer System Interface.
SATA and SAS connectors help link up your computer components, including media and hard drives to the system's motherboard. SATA drives are more affordable and used for personal computing while fast and reliable SAS drives are the best fit for servers.
On the other hand, SAS controllers work flawlessly on SATA hard drives because both share identical infrastructure and possess related characteristics.
If you'd prefer speed over space, then a SAS-based hard drive is your best bet. However, SATA drives on the other hand, while lagging in terms of speed have a much larger storage capacity.
Data Transfer Speed
Throughput is the volume of data that a drive can move, process, or read and write in a specific amount of time. The drive's throughput is usually tested to measure its speed.
The Input/output operations per second (IOPS) may also be measured. However, the IOPS and throughput outcomes usually imply the same things about the drive.
While the SAS drives boast higher throughput than SATA drives; there are fewer general delays. But there is some overlap between the more high-speed SATA drives and slower SAS drives. On allhdd.com, you can shop some of the best SAS SATA controllers from well-known brands across the world.
While a handful of factors affect the drive's performance, the major factor affecting throughput is the revolution per minute (rpm). Consequently, the higher the rpm, the higher the drive's throughput.
The speed variation is most notable when dealing with large files. A SAS drive boasting 15000 rpm will most likely read and write a 1TB file faster than a SATA drive with 7200 rpm.
Most SATA-based drives' usual speed ranges from 5400 rpm to 7200 rpm, and most SAS-based drives run between 7200 rpm and 15000 rpm.
SAS-SATA Controllers on Allhdd.com
While you can count on both quality and affordability, we also bring you a wide range of SAS SATA controllers to cater to your storage needs. SAS and SATA's notable difference is that SAS is developed to endure 24/7 performance in firms, including data centers. Choose from our collection of top-quality SAS SATA controllers including 24 Port, PERC H830, Expander Card, PERC H330, PERC H730, PERC 5, Host Bus Adapter, Equallogic, PERC H710, 4 Port, 1-Port, 8 Port, PERC H700, PERC H800, Smart Array, Serveraid, PERC H740, Raid Controller, PCI-E, 12 Port, Controller Card, and16 Port.
You can use a SATA drive for servers just as you would use a SAS drive. However, the SATA drive would deliver a slower performance and a higher probability of failing or hinting at a failure. This laxity could prove expensive to firms that depend on such drives.
A SAS drive has a mean time between failures (MTBF) that ranges from (1.2-1.6 million) hours of use at 113°F (45°C), while that of a SATA drive is about (700,000-1.2 million) hours of use at 77°F (25°C).
SATA disk drives offer many benefits, including the fact that they boast an unbeatable combination of low cost, high capacity, and performance. Taking advantage of this with SAS SATA controllers could bring a significant return on investment. You can count on a 24/7 customer care center for all issues regarding sales and delivery. Allhdd.com delivers all items free of charge within the 48 U. S. states. Please choose from our collection of top-quality SAS SATA controllers today for optimum performance.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.