Increased Bandwidth and Performance
The Dell 469-4251 PowerConnect 8164 L3 48 Ports X 40-Gigabit QSFP+ Switch is a high-performance, scalable, and flexible data center switch that offers increased bandwidth and performance capabilities compared to its previous versions.
Increased Bandwidth: This switch supports 40 Gigabit Ethernet ports, which provides 40 Gbps of bandwidth per port. This increased bandwidth allows for faster transfer of data, improving the overall performance of the network and reducing latency.
Performance: The switch has a powerful hardware design that includes a high-performance switch fabric, high-speed memory, and advanced packet processing capabilities. These features allow the switch to handle high-bandwidth applications and provide low latency, making it suitable for use in demanding data center environments.
L3 Capabilities: The PowerConnect 8164 L3 switch provides advanced layer 3 capabilities, including routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and VRRP, as well as advanced Quality of Service (QoS) features. This allows for better control and management of network traffic, ensuring that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth and priority.
QSFP+ Ports: The switch also features QSFP+ ports, which are compact and high-density optical transceiver modules that provide 40 Gbps of bandwidth. These ports allow for the use of fiber optic cables, providing longer reach and improved signal quality compared to traditional copper cables.
In conclusion, the Dell 469-4251 PowerConnect 8164 L3 48 Ports X 40-Gigabit QSFP+ Switch offers improved performance and increased bandwidth, making it a powerful and versatile solution for data center networks.
Simplified Network Management
The Dell PowerConnect 8164 is a 48-port L3 switch with 40-Gigabit QSFP+ ports. This switch offers simplified network management through its user-friendly interface and feature-rich software.
Some key features of the PowerConnect 8164 include:
- L3 Routing: The switch supports advanced L3 routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and RIP, providing robust and flexible network routing capabilities.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports granular QoS policies, allowing you to prioritize and manage bandwidth allocation for various applications and services.
- Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN): The switch supports up to 4,096 VLANs, providing a scalable and flexible network segmentation solution.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): The switch supports LACP for link aggregation, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy for critical network connections.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): The switch supports STP, providing a loop-free network topology and reducing the risk of network failures.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): The switch supports SNMP, allowing you to monitor and manage the switch using industry-standard network management tools.
Network Resiliency and Redundancy Features
The Dell PowerConnect 8164 L3 48 Ports X 40-Gigabit QSFP+ Switch has several features that enhance network resiliency and redundancy. These features help to ensure that the network continues to function even in the event of a failure or disruption.
- Redundant Power Supplies: The switch has two hot-swappable power supplies that provide redundant power to the switch. If one power supply fails, the other can take over without any disruption to the network.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): LACP allows multiple physical links to be bundled together to form a single logical link. This increases the bandwidth and reliability of the network by allowing traffic to be distributed across multiple links in case of a failure.
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP): VRRP provides redundancy for IP routers. This protocol allows multiple routers to share a single IP address and provides automatic failover in case of a router failure.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): STP helps to prevent network loops by blocking redundant paths in the network. This protocol ensures that there is only one active path between any two network nodes, reducing the risk of network loops and improving network stability.
- Quality of Service (QoS): QoS allows the switch to prioritize network traffic, ensuring that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth and resources to operate effectively.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): ACLs allow the switch to enforce security policies and control access to the network. This helps to prevent unauthorized access and protects against network threats.
These network resiliency and redundancy features provide a high level of reliability and availability for the network, ensuring that it continues to function even in the event of a failure or disruption.
General Information about this Dell 469-4251
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Part Number or SKU# 469-4251
- Device Type: Switch 48 Ports
Technical Information for Dell 48 Port Switch
- Total Number of Network: Ports-48
- Modular: No
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 48 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Network
- 2 x 40 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
- 1 x Expansion Slot
- Compatible Rack Unit: 1U
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
Media & Performance of Dell Ethernet Switch
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology: 40 Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10GBase-T
- I/O Expansions:
- Number of Total Expansion: Slots-3
- Expansion Slot Type: QSFP+
- Network & Communication
- Layer Supported 4
- Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- Power Description
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Supported Yes
Physical Characteristics for this Twisted Pair Switch
- Height :1.7 Inch
- Width: 17.1 Inch
- Depth: 18.1 Inch
- Environmentally Friendly: Yes
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.