Network Management and Monitoring
The Dell Powerconnect 6248P POE (Power over Ethernet) is a Gigabit switch with 48 ports, designed for enterprise-level network management and monitoring.
The switch can be managed and monitored through several methods, including:
- Web Interface: The switch has a built-in web interface that allows administrators to manage the switch through a web browser. This interface provides access to configuration options, system information, and monitoring data.
- Command Line Interface (CLI): The switch also provides a Command Line Interface (CLI) that administrators can use to manage and monitor the switch through a terminal connection. This allows administrators to execute commands and perform configuration tasks remotely.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): The switch supports the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), which is a widely used protocol for managing and monitoring network devices. Administrators can use SNMP to monitor the switch's performance and receive alerts if any issues arise.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): The switch supports the Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), which allows administrators to bundle multiple physical links into a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch provides Quality of Service (QoS) features, allowing administrators to prioritize and manage network traffic, ensuring that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth and processing power.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): The Powerconnect 6248P POE is equipped with 48 Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports, allowing administrators to power compatible devices, such as VoIP phones and wireless access points, directly from the switch.
Quality of Service (QoS) and Traffic Management
Quality of Service (QoS) is a set of techniques used in computer networks to manage and prioritize network traffic, ensuring that more important network traffic has priority over less important traffic. The goal of QoS is to provide a more predictable and stable network performance, which is especially important in high-bandwidth applications such as voice and video.
On the Dell Powerconnect 6248P POE Gigabit 48 Ports Switch, QoS can be used to prioritize traffic based on various criteria, such as source and destination IP addresses, port numbers, and different types of traffic (such as voice, video, and data). The switch supports eight priority levels, which can be assigned to individual packets based on these criteria. This allows the switch to differentiate between different types of network traffic and provide the appropriate level of service to each type of traffic.
Traffic management on the Dell Powerconnect 6248P POE Gigabit 48 Ports Switch is also an important part of ensuring stable and predictable network performance. The switch supports various traffic management features, including bandwidth control, rate limiting, and traffic shaping. These features allow administrators to control the amount of bandwidth used by different types of traffic, preventing any one type of traffic from monopolizing the network and causing performance issues for other types of traffic.
In addition, the Dell Powerconnect 6248P POE Gigabit 48 Ports Switch also supports PoE (Power over Ethernet), which allows it to power connected devices through the Ethernet cables. This can be useful in environments where power outlets are not readily available, as it eliminates the need for separate power supplies for connected devices.
Easy Deployment and Configuration
The Dell Powerconnect 6248P POE Gigabit 48 Ports Switch is a highly functional and easy-to-use switch that can be deployed and configured quickly. It offers 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, four SFP ports, and advanced power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality. Here's a step-by-step guide to deploying and configuring the switch:
- Unpacking: The first step is to unpack the switch and ensure that you have all the required components, including the power cord, rack mounting kit, and console cable.
- Rack mounting: The switch can be mounted on a 19-inch standard rack using the rack mounting kit that comes with it. This can be done by attaching the brackets to the sides of the switch and then sliding it into the rack.
- Powering on: Connect the power cord to the switch and plug it into an electrical outlet. The switch will automatically power on, and the power LED will light up.
- Connecting to a network: Connect the switch to your network using Ethernet cables. Connect one end of the cable to a device, such as a computer or server, and the other end to one of the 48 Ethernet ports on the switch. Repeat this for each device you want to connect to the network.
- Configuring the switch: The switch can be configured using a console cable and a terminal emulation software, such as HyperTerminal or PuTTY. Connect one end of the console cable to the console port on the switch and the other end to a computer. Launch the terminal emulation software and connect to the switch using the serial connection settings provided in the user manual.
- Configuring PoE: To configure PoE, log into the switch using the default username and password provided in the user manual. Navigate to the PoE settings and select the ports you want to enable PoE for. You can also set the maximum power budget for the switch and the per-port power limit.
- Configuring VLANs: If you want to segment your network into multiple VLANs, you can do so by creating VLANs on the switch. Navigate to the VLAN settings, create a new VLAN, and assign it to one or more ports. You can also set the VLAN type to either tagged or untagged.
- Saving the configuration: Once you have completed the configuration, it is important to save it to the switch's flash memory. To do this, navigate to the save settings option and save the configuration to the switch.
In conclusion, the Dell Powerconnect 6248P POE Gigabit 48 Ports Switch is a user-friendly switch that can be deployed and configured quickly and easily. With its advanced PoE functionality, it provides a cost-effective solution for powering devices on your network.
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.