Key Features and Benefits of Catalyst Switch
The HP Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 for C-class BladeSystem (410916-B21) is a high-performance, low-latency switch that is designed to be used in blade server environments. Some key features and benefits of this switch include:
- High-performance switching: The switch is capable of delivering up to 40 Gbps of throughput, making it well-suited for high-bandwidth applications such as virtualization and high-definition video.
- Low latency: The switch is designed to minimize delay, making it well-suited for use in environments where real-time data transfer is critical, such as financial trading systems.
- Flexible scalability: The switch supports a wide range of blade servers, and can be easily expanded to meet the needs of growing networks.
- Advanced security features: The switch includes a variety of security features, such as support for IEEE 802.1X, access control lists (ACLs), and port security, to help protect against unauthorized access and network attacks.
- Easy to manage: The switch can be managed through a variety of tools, including the Cisco Network Assistant and the CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution, making it easy to configure and monitor.
- Energy efficient: The switch is designed to be energy-efficient and can help to reduce energy costs.
- High availability: The switch is designed for high availability and can provide redundancy and failover capabilities.
- Interoperability: The switch is fully interoperable with other Cisco switches, routers, and other network devices, making it easy to integrate into existing networks.
Security Features C-class Bladesystem Switch
The 410916-B21 HP Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 for C-class Bladesystem has several security features to protect network infrastructure and data. These include:
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The switch allows administrators to define and implement security policies by controlling access to network resources based on IP addresses, protocols, and ports.
- Port Security: Administrators can configure security policies on individual switch ports to restrict access to specific MAC addresses, preventing unauthorized devices from accessing the network.
- 802.1X Authentication: This feature enables the switch to authenticate users and devices before granting them access to the network, providing an additional layer of security.
- VLANs: The switch supports the use of virtual LANs (VLANs) to segment network traffic and isolate different types of traffic, such as guest traffic, from sensitive data.
- SSH and SSL Encryption: Secure Shell (SSH) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption protocols are supported to encrypt communications between the switch and management stations, protecting against eavesdropping and tampering.
- TACACS+ and RADIUS Authentication: The switch supports the use of Terminal Access Controller Access Control System Plus (TACACS+) and Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) to authenticate users and devices before granting access to the network.
- SNMPv3: The switch supports the use of version 3 of the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv3) which provides secure communication between the switch and management stations, and prevents unauthorized access to network devices.
Management and Monitoring
The HP Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 for C-class Bladesystem (410916-B21) is a networking device that can be used to manage and monitor the network connections within a blade system. It is designed to provide a high-performance, low-latency switching solution for blade servers, and can be used to connect multiple blades to a central network.
Management of the 410916-B21 switch can be done through a web-based interface, which allows users to configure and monitor the switch, as well as to perform firmware updates and backups. The switch also supports the use of SNMP, which allows for remote management and monitoring of the switch via a network management system.
Monitoring of the switch can be done through the use of various tools and features, such as port statistics, error counters, and SNMP traps. These tools allow administrators to monitor the switch for errors and issues, and to troubleshoot any problems that may arise. Additionally, the switch supports the use of RMON (Remote Monitoring) which provides detailed information on network performance, such as traffic statistics, error rates, and packet sizes.
- Brand: HP
- MPN : 410916-B21
- Type: Networking
- Sub-Type: Switch
- SKU : 410916-B21
- Product Type : Layer 3 Switch
- Total Number Of Network Ports : 8
- Number Of Network (rj-45) Ports : 8
- Media Type Supported : Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology : Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology : 10base-t, 10/100/1000base-t
- Number Of Total Expansion Slots : 4
- Expansion Slot Type : Sfp
- Manageable : Yes
- Standard Memory : 128 MB
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.