Maximizing the Performance
The HP DL180 G6 Rear 2 Large Form Factor Drive Kit (part number 488234-B21) is a storage kit designed to be used with the HP DL180 G6 server. This kit is specifically designed to maximize the performance of the HP DL180 G6 server by providing a high-capacity storage solution that can handle demanding workloads.
The kit includes two large form factor (LFF) drive bays that can be used to install high-capacity hard disk drives or solid-state drives. The drives are installed in the rear of the server, which helps to optimize the cooling and improve the overall performance of the server.
To maximize the performance of the HP DL180 G6 Rear 2 Large Form Factor Drive Kit, it is recommended to install high-speed and high-capacity drives, such as solid-state drives. These drives provide fast data transfer speeds and low latency, which can help to improve the performance of applications and services running on the server.
It is also recommended to use a RAID configuration, such as RAID 1 or RAID 10, to provide data redundancy and improve the reliability of the storage solution. This will ensure that the data stored on the drives is protected against data loss in the event of a drive failure.
Additionally, it is important to regularly monitor the health and performance of the drives, and to replace any failed drives promptly to maintain the performance and reliability of the storage solution.
Benefits of Using
The 488234-B21 HP DL180 G6 Rear 2 Large Form Factor Drive Kit provides several benefits for users of the HP DL180 G6 server. These benefits include:
- Increased Storage Capacity: The 2 Large Form Factor drives provide additional storage space for users to store their data, making it easier to manage large amounts of data.
- Improved Reliability: The Large Form Factor drives are known for their reliability, making them a good choice for users who need to store important data and need to be confident that it will be safe.
- Easy Installation: The HP DL180 G6 Rear 2 Large Form Factor Drive Kit is easy to install, even for those with little technical knowledge. This makes it easy for users to add more storage space to their server without having to spend time and money on professional installation.
- Increased Performance: The Large Form Factor drives provide increased performance compared to smaller drives, making them a good choice for users who need to access their data quickly and efficiently.
- Cost-effective: The 488234-B21 HP DL180 G6 Rear 2 Large Form Factor Drive Kit provides a cost-effective solution for users who need to increase their storage space. This makes it a good choice for those who want to add more storage to their server without having to spend a lot of money.
Step-By-Step Installation Guide
- Preparation: Before starting the installation, ensure that you have all the necessary tools and components ready. You will need the following items:
- 488234-B21 HP DL180 G6 Rear 2 Large Form Factor Drive Kit
- Phillips screwdriver
- Antistatic wrist strap
- Power off the server: Before installing the drive kit, power off the server and unplug it from the power source.
- Open the server: Locate the release lever on the rear of the server and release the lever to open the server.
- Install the drive kit: Locate the drive bays in the rear of the server and remove the drive cage cover. Carefully slide the drive kit into the bay and secure it with the screws.
- Connect the cables: Connect the SAS or SATA cable to the drive and connect the other end to the appropriate port on the backplane.
- Power on the server: Once the cables are connected, power on the server and log in to the system to verify that the new drive is recognized and functional.
- Configure the drive: If necessary, configure the drive in the server's BIOS or storage controller. This includes setting up the drive as a data or boot drive and creating a RAID configuration if necessary.
- Complete the installation: After configuring the drive, close the server and power it off. Plug in the power cord and power on the server to complete the installation process.
- Product Type: Storage Bay Adapter
- Expansion / Connectivity:
- Bays2 X Hot-SWAP - 3.5inch
- Designed Forhp Proliant DL180 G6
About Refurbished Products
Hard Drive Cage
A server rack is a specialized rig to hold the networking equipment and server rig efficiently. But many of you might get confused between the server racks and enclosures while buying one for home use or server rooms. Here is a quick insight into the basic purpose of both for better understanding.
If you're looking for a rack to hold the server cables and peripheral rig, the server racks can be utilized for this purpose. These server racks will perform best in the large industrial space where employees don't see the naked wiring.
On the contrary, we have the server enclosure, which serves as a replacement for server racks with a better concealing and neater look. Moreover, a noteworthy feature that makes them a much-preferred option among tech-savvies is the increased safety and security. Not only this but plenty of other reasons would urge you to buy a hard drive cage.
Apart from the technical benefits, the server enclosure HDD cage aces in increasing the aesthetics, setting up the HDDs, and the overall performance.
Increased Performance and Activity:
The proper airflow needs the server rig, especially the hard drive, to perform better. But what if the hard drives are stacked on each other and placed irregularly! This way, the temperature will rise continuously, and eventually, the HDDs will not be able to function correctly.
Even keeping the hard drives on the tabletop can cause overheating. Thus, the server enclosures, mainly the storage drive cage will help you maximize the airflow. In this regard, we have 2 Bay, 2U, Fibre Channel, Proliant, Rack Mount, SAS, and SAS-SATA based cages to complete your rig!
Security measures need to be fulfilled on a priority basis! Thus, a hard drive cage enables the tech-savvies to save the HDDs from unwanted access! Having the naked HDDs in front of you while keeping them without a cage is similar to locks on the door with open windows.
Thus, most of the cages are built with locks and security to keep them safe from unwanted persons and avoid a security breach.
The HDDs might get corrupted due to plenty of reasons! But imagine going into a room with hard drives stacked on each other and all messed up with cables around. Don't worry, as you're equipped with the server enclosure - storage drive cage, making it easier for the professionals to run the security and maintenance check. Thus, the service and maintenance bill which are being charged per hour will be much lesser. Therefore, we have got you covered with a range of HDD cage products, including Storage Bay Adapter, SCSI, Thinkpad, 25Bay, and 8 Bay.
Why Buy From ALLHDD?
ALLHDD is a leading name in the networking equipment and peripherals, which need every tech-savvy! Thus, dealing with the hard drive cages, ALLHDD brought you the range of products in this server enclosure category to help you choose better.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.