Product Overview of RAID Storage Controller
The HP 491195-B21 Storage Controller is a hardware device that provides the ability to manage and control the storage of data on SAS/SATA hard drives in a computer system. It is a PCI Express 2.0 (PCI-E-2.0) based storage controller that is designed to work with HP ProLiant servers. This storage controller is an ideal solution for small to medium-sized businesses that require reliable, high-performance storage capabilities.
HP 491195-B21 Storage Controller
The HP 491195-B21 Storage Controller is a 256MB storage controller that supports SAS and SATA hard drives. It is a 2-port storage controller, which means it can support up to two hard drives simultaneously. This storage controller is a RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) controller, which means it provides the ability to manage multiple hard drives as a single unit.
The HP 491195-B21 Storage Controller supports RAID levels 0, 1, and 10. RAID 0 is a configuration that uses two hard drives to create a single volume with increased performance, but with no data redundancy. RAID 1 is a configuration that uses two hard drives to create a mirrored volume with data redundancy. RAID 10 is a configuration that uses four hard drives to create a volume with both increased performance and data redundancy.
Features of HP 491195-B21 Storage Controller
The HP 491195-B21 Storage Controller has several features that make it an ideal storage solution for small to medium-sized businesses. Some of its features include:
- Compatibility with HP ProLiant servers - The HP 491195-B21 Storage Controller is designed to work with HP ProLiant servers, ensuring seamless integration with your existing infrastructure.
- SAS/SATA support - This storage controller supports both SAS and SATA hard drives, providing flexibility in the choice of storage media.
- 2-port design - The 2-port design of this storage controller allows for the management of up to two hard drives simultaneously.
- RAID support - The HP 491195-B21 Storage Controller supports RAID levels 0, 1, and 10, providing options for both increased performance and data redundancy.
- 256MB memory - This storage controller comes with 256MB of memory, providing the necessary buffer for efficient storage management.
- PCI-E-2.0 interface - The HP 491195-B21 Storage Controller is a PCI Express 2.0 based storage controller, ensuring high-speed data transfer rates.
Benefits of HP 491195-B21 Storage Controller
The HP 491195-B21 Storage Controller provides several benefits to small to medium-sized businesses. Some of these benefits include:
- Increased performance - The HP 491195-B21 Storage Controller provides increased performance through its support of RAID 0 and RAID 10 configurations.
- Data redundancy - The HP 491195-B21 Storage Controller provides data redundancy through its support of RAID 1 and RAID 10 configurations, ensuring that your data is protected in the event of a hard drive failure.
- Flexibility - The support of both SAS and SATA hard drives provides flexibility in the choice of storage media, allowing for the use of either high-performance SAS drives or more cost-effective SATA drives.
- Easy integration - The compatibility of the HP 491195-B21 Storage Controller with HP ProLiant servers ensures easy integration with your existing infrastructure.
- High-speed data transfer rates - The PCI-E-2.0 interface of the HP 491195-B21 Storage Controller ensures high-speed data transfer rates, allowing for efficient storage management..
General Information about the HP 491195-B21
- Manufacturer: HP
- Part Number or SKU# 491195-B21
- Type: Controller Card
- Interface: SAS Controller
Technical Information of Storage Controller
- Device Type: Storage controller (RAID) - Plug-in Card - Low Profile
- Host Bus: PCI-E 2.0 x8
Networking Information for PCI-E Controller
- Interface: SATA 1.5Gb/s / SAS
- Data Transfer Rate: 300 MBps
- Buffer Size: 256 MB
- Supported Devices: Hard drive, disk array (RAID)
- RAID Level: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, RAID 50
Expansion & Connectivity
- Interfaces: 1 x SATA 1.5Gb/s / SAS
- Compatible Slots: 2 x PCI Express x8
- HPE ProLiant Generation5 Generation6 Generation7 Servers
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
Controller - SAS Controller
A SAS controller is an incredibly vital addition to your device's hardware makeup. A SAS card allows you to seamlessly employ the use of SATA drives to expand your device's storage capacity and the best part - it is unbelievably cost-effective.
If you are on the lookout for the best SAS controller for PC, then you are definitely in good company. Our store sells only the best SATA drives, SAS RAID controller cards, SAS expanders, and SAS controller cards for your high-performance computing needs.
Stick with us, and check out our other product listings for more.
SAS Controller - What Is It?
A SAS controller has a similar infrastructure and shares quite a number of features with the SATA hard drive. You can plug a SATA drive into your SAS controller, but on the other hand, you cannot do the opposite with your SAS drives.
In comparison, SAS drives far outmatch the performance of SATA drives. Furthermore, unlike the design of SATA drives, SAS drives can withstand the rigor of 24/7 usage.
SATA vs. SAS controller cards
The SATA interface has simplified the process of choosing a new hard drive for your computer. The SATA interface lets you simply plug in a device to gain access to extra storage.
The SAS controller, on the other hand, may just be the next improvement to the SATA interface. SAS (meaning Serial Attached SCSI), is notably known to perform significantly faster than a SATA controller. And more recent versions of the SAS controllers support up to twice the transfer speed of the SATA controller with transfer speeds of up to 12 gigabits per second.
SAS controller cards are also full-duplex; this means that a SAS controller can both send and receive data at full speeds at the same time. The SATA controller on the other hand can only communicate data in one direction at a time.
Popular SAS Controller Cards and Accessories
- MSA 2000 Series: The MSA Recovery manager (RM) software allows you to have total control over creating application-specific snapshots. Browse through our array of top-notch MSA 2000 Series SAS controller cards, and you will definitely find the right one for you.
- Host Bus Adapter: Commonly called a host controller or host adapter, a host bus adapter (HBA) primarily functions as the host system for other network and storage devices. Our collection of Host Bus Adapters makes working with hardware very easy. No longer do you have to spend countless hours engaging in the business of working with outdated and cumbersome adapters.
- 12 GB: Check out our collection of durable and reliable 12GB SAS controller cards. They offer you a promise of great performance and seamless delivery for your computer.
- PCI-E: This important piece of hardware serves as the point of connection between your computer's external components, and the primary circuit board. The Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) is well-known because it is probably the easiest way to add devices such as a SAS controller into your device's primary circuit board.
- EqualLogic: We make a point to stock the best EqualLogic products. EqualLogic products are storage area systems with an iSCSI base.
- Smart Array: Our store carries only the best Smart Array controllers that allow you to work with a great number of drives.
- Storage controller: Effortlessly control the storage arrays with our range of storage controllers. Storage controllers are also commonly known as storage processors or array controllers.
- RAID controller: Sometimes referred to as a RAID controller, disk array controllers function primarily to manage the physical disk drives on your and present them as logical units of information to the computer. Shop our collection of RAID controllers now.
- 6 GB: Go through our list of durable, and reliable 6GB SAS controller cards. They offer you a promise of great performance and seamless delivery for your server or desktop PC.
Shop with us today for quality products at unbeatable prices.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.