Advantages of SAS 6GBits Interface
Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) is a type of interface used for connecting hard disk drives (HDDs) and solid-state drives (SSDs) to a computer or server. The SAS 6GBits interface is an improved version of the earlier SAS 3GBits interface. Here are some advantages of the SAS 6GBits interface:
- Faster Data Transfer: The SAS 6GBits interface has a higher data transfer rate of up to 6 Gigabits per second (Gb/s) compared to the SAS 3GBits interface, which has a maximum transfer rate of 3Gb/s. This allows for faster data transfer and improved system performance.
- Improved Scalability: The SAS 6GBits interface supports up to 128 devices on a single bus, compared to only 16 devices supported by the SAS 3GBits interface. This allows for greater scalability and easier expansion of storage systems.
- Backward Compatibility: SAS 6GBits interface is backward compatible with SAS 3GBits and SAS 1.5GBits interfaces, which means that newer SAS devices can be used with older systems that support lower speeds. This ensures that SAS devices are compatible with a wide range of systems.
- Dual Port Support: The SAS 6GBits interface supports dual porting, which provides redundancy and failover protection in case of a port failure. This ensures that the data is still accessible even in the event of a port or cable failure.
- Hot-Pluggable: SAS devices with 6GBits interface are hot-pluggable, which means that they can be inserted or removed from a system without shutting down the system. This makes it easier to replace or upgrade hard drives in a server or storage system.
Importance of 16MB Buffer in SAS Hard Disk
A buffer is a small amount of memory located on a hard disk drive (HDD) that is used to temporarily store data as it is being transferred between the drive and the computer. The 16MB buffer on a SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) HDD serves an important purpose in maintaining the performance of the drive. Here are some reasons why the 16MB buffer is important in SAS HDDs:
- Improved Read/Write Performance: The buffer in a SAS HDD acts as a temporary storage area for data that is being read or written to the drive. When data is requested, the HDD can access it faster from the buffer than from the physical disk. This results in improved read and write performance and faster data transfer rates.
- Reduced Disk Access Time: The buffer also helps to reduce disk access time by storing frequently accessed data in the buffer, rather than retrieving it from the physical disk every time it is requested. This reduces the amount of time it takes to access data, resulting in faster performance and improved system responsiveness.
- Enhanced Data Integrity: The buffer in a SAS HDD can be used to store data that has not yet been written to the physical disk. This provides a level of protection against data loss in case of power failure or system crash. The buffer can be used to store the data until it can be safely written to the disk, ensuring that the data is not lost or corrupted.
- Smoother Data Streaming: The buffer in a SAS HDD can also help to ensure smooth data streaming by storing larger chunks of data in the buffer before sending it to the computer. This reduces the likelihood of data bottlenecks and ensures that data is streamed more smoothly, resulting in better performance for applications such as video or audio playback.
Installation and Configuration
Installation and configuration are critical steps in setting up a new hard disk drive (HDD) for use in a computer or server. Here are some important steps to consider when installing and configuring a SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) HDD:
- Physical Installation: The first step in installing a SAS HDD is to physically install the drive into the computer or server. This involves locating the drive bays, mounting the HDD, and connecting it to the SAS interface. It's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and to take necessary precautions to prevent electrostatic discharge or physical damage to the drive.
- Initialization and Partitioning: Once the drive is physically installed, it needs to be initialized and partitioned. Initialization involves initializing the disk for first-time use, which can be done through the computer's operating system or with disk management software. Partitioning involves dividing the disk into logical partitions, which can be used to organize data and programs.
- Formatting: After the disk is partitioned, it needs to be formatted with a file system such as NTFS or FAT32. Formatting prepares the disk for data storage and allows it to be recognized by the operating system.
- Device Driver Installation: In order for the computer or server to recognize the SAS HDD, the appropriate device drivers must be installed. Device drivers are software that allows the operating system to communicate with the hardware. These drivers can be downloaded from the manufacturer's website or included on a CD that came with the drive.
- RAID Configuration: SAS HDDs can be configured in RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) to provide improved performance, data protection, and redundancy. RAID configuration involves setting up multiple disks to work together as a single drive. RAID configuration can be done through the computer's BIOS or with RAID management software.
- Testing and Verification: Once the SAS HDD is installed and configured, it's important to test and verify that it is functioning properly. This can be done by running diagnostic software or by testing the drive with read and write operations.
- Manufacturer : HP
- Manufacturer Part Number : 587483-001
- Brand Name : HP
- Product Name : Hard Drive
- Product Type : Hard Drive
- Product Model: 587483-001
- Storage Capacity : 600GB
- Rotational Speed : 15000 RPM
- Enclosure : Internal
- HDD Form Factor : 3.5 Inch
- Buffer: 16MB
- Maximum External Data Transfer Rate: 600 MBPS
- Hp z400 workstation
- Hp z600 workstation
- Hp z800 workstation
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.