Network Monitoring Options
Network monitoring refers to the process of tracking, measuring, and analyzing various aspects of a network to ensure that it is functioning properly and meeting performance requirements. In the context of a network switch, network monitoring options allow administrators to track switch performance, identify potential problems, and take corrective action as needed.
There are several key network monitoring options that are commonly used in network switches, including:
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): SNMP is a widely used protocol for monitoring and managing network devices, including switches. SNMP allows administrators to retrieve data about switch performance and status, and to configure switch settings.
- Syslog: Syslog is a standard for logging system events, including events related to network devices such as switches. Administrators can use syslog to collect log data from switches and other network devices, and to monitor the performance and status of the network.
- Network Management Systems (NMS): NMS are software applications that provide centralized management and monitoring of network devices, including switches. NMS can provide detailed performance data, real-time alerts, and other information to help administrators manage and monitor their networks.
- Port mirroring: Port mirroring is a feature that allows network administrators to monitor network traffic by copying packets from one port and forwarding them to another port for analysis. This can be used to monitor switch performance and identify potential problems.
Data Center Bridging (DCB) Capabilities
Data Center Bridging (DCB) is a set of standards and technologies used to improve the performance, reliability, and security of data transfer in data center networks. The main goal of DCB is to create a converged network that can support multiple types of traffic, such as storage, data, and converged fabrics, while providing high bandwidth and low latency.
DCB capabilities include technologies such as Priority Flow Control (PFC), Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS), and Congestion Notification (CN) that work together to manage network congestion and ensure the delivery of high-priority traffic. This helps to improve network efficiency, reduce congestion and increase the overall reliability of data transfers in the data center.
By implementing DCB capabilities, organizations can improve the performance of their data center networks, reduce downtime, and ensure the timely delivery of mission-critical data. This is especially important for applications such as big data analytics, cloud computing, and virtualization, which require high bandwidth and low latency to function effectively.
Security and Access Control
Security and access control refer to the measures used to protect sensitive information and prevent unauthorized access to network resources. In the context of a network switch, security and access control measures help to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data as it is transmitted across the network.
There are several key security and access control measures that can be implemented in network switches, including:
- Authentication: This is the process of verifying the identity of users and devices before granting them access to network resources.
- Encryption: This is the process of encoding data to prevent unauthorized access, interception, or tampering.
- Access control lists (ACLs): ACLs define the permissions for accessing network resources, and can be used to restrict access based on factors such as IP address, user identity, or type of data.
- Virtual LANs (VLANs): VLANs segment the network into separate logical units, which can be used to isolate different types of traffic and increase security.
- Firewall: A firewall is a network security system that monitors and controls incoming and outgoing network traffic based on pre-defined security rules.
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS): These systems monitor network traffic for signs of unauthorized activity and can take action to block or alert administrators of potential threats.
By implementing effective security and access control measures, organizations can help protect their networks from threats such as hacking, data theft, and other security breaches. This helps to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of sensitive information and network resources.
- Manufacturer : HPE
- Type : Networking
- Switch-Type : Switch 12 Port
- Part Number or SKU# AG641-63001
- Device Type : Switch - 12 Ports
- Enclosure Type : Rack-mountable
- Ports Qty : 12
- Data Link Protocol : 4 GB Fibre Channel
- Fibre Channel : Fc-al, Fc-al-2, Fc-bb, Fc-fg, Fc-fla, Fc-fs, Fc-gs-2, Fc-gs-3, Fc-mi, Fc-ph, Fc-ph-2, Fc-ph-3, Fc-pi, Fc-plda, Fc-sb-2, Fc-sw-2, Fc-tape, Fc-vi, Fcp, Fcp-2
- Remote Management Protocol : Rmon, Snmp 3
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slots Total (Free) : 4 ( 2 ) X Sfp (Mini-Gbic)
- Interfaces : 1 X Management - Console
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AG641-63001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.