Switch Fabric Architecture
A switch fabric is a key component of a network switch that provides the underlying infrastructure for forwarding data between the switch's interfaces. The switch fabric architecture refers to the design and structure of the switch fabric, including the components, algorithms, and technologies that are used to forward data.
There are two main types of switch fabric architecture: shared and distributed.
- Shared switch fabric architecture: In a shared switch fabric architecture, all switch interfaces share a common bus or crossbar switch to forward data. This type of architecture is typically found in older switches, and is less scalable and less efficient than distributed switch fabrics.
- Distributed switch fabric architecture: In a distributed switch fabric architecture, each switch interface has its own dedicated path to the switch fabric, allowing for more efficient and scalable data forwarding. Distributed switch fabrics are commonly used in modern switches, and provide higher performance and increased scalability compared to shared switch fabrics.
The specific details of a switch fabric architecture will vary depending on the type of switch and the manufacturer, but some of the key factors that are considered when designing a switch fabric include:
- Performance: The switch fabric must be designed to provide high-speed data forwarding, with low latency and low jitter.
- Scalability: The switch fabric must be able to accommodate growth in the number of switch interfaces and the volume of network traffic.
- Reliability: The switch fabric must be designed to ensure high availability and reliability, with redundant components and automatic failover mechanisms to prevent network disruptions.
Rack-mountable design refers to the form factor of a network switch or other network equipment, which allows it to be mounted in a standard 19-inch equipment rack. This type of design is widely used in data centers, server rooms, and other types of IT infrastructure, as it provides a convenient and organized way to store and manage network equipment.
A rack-mountable switch typically has brackets or other mounting hardware that allow it to be securely attached to the front or rear of a rack, taking up one or more rack units (1U, 2U, etc.) of space. This provides a compact and space-efficient way to deploy multiple switches in a data center, reducing clutter and improving the overall organization of the network infrastructure.
Rack-mountable switches also provide easy access to the front and rear panels, allowing administrators to easily connect and disconnect cables, perform maintenance tasks, and make other changes as needed. This can help to improve the manageability of the network and reduce downtime, as administrators are able to quickly and easily access the switch when it is needed.
High Availability Features
High availability refers to the ability of a network or system to remain operational and available for use even in the event of hardware failures or other types of system disruptions. In the context of a network switch, high availability features are designed to help ensure that network traffic is always able to flow even if a switch fails or becomes unavailable.
There are several key high availability features that can be found in network switches, including:
- Redundant power supplies: Many switches include redundant power supplies to ensure that the switch remains operational even if one of the power supplies fails.
- Redundant switching: This is the use of multiple switches to provide automatic failover in the event of a switch failure, helping to ensure that network traffic can always flow.
- Link aggregation: This is the bundling of multiple physical links into a single logical link, which can be used to provide increased bandwidth and automatic failover in the event of a link failure.
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP): VRRP provides automatic failover for network devices, helping to ensure that network traffic is always able to reach its intended destination.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): STP helps to prevent network loops by dynamically blocking redundant paths, ensuring that network traffic is always able to reach its intended destination.
By implementing high availability features, organizations can improve the reliability and availability of their data center networks, reducing downtime and improving the overall performance of their IT infrastructure.
- Manufacturer : HPE
- Type : Networking
- Switch-Type : Switch 12 Port
- Part Number : AG641-63001
- Device Type : Switch - 12 Ports
- Enclosure Type : Rack-mountable
- Ports Qty : 12
- Data Link Protocol : 4 GB Fibre Channel
- Fibre Channel : Fc-al, Fc-al-2, Fc-bb, Fc-fg, Fc-fla, Fc-fs, Fc-gs-2, Fc-gs-3, Fc-mi, Fc-ph, Fc-ph-2, Fc-ph-3, Fc-pi, Fc-plda, Fc-sb-2, Fc-sw-2, Fc-tape, Fc-vi, Fcp, Fcp-2
- Remote Management Protocol : Rmon, Snmp 3
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slots Total (Free) : 4 ( 2 ) X Sfp (Mini-Gbic)
- Interfaces : 1 X Management - Console
About New Bulk Pack Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AG641-63001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.