The BD30088279 is a 300GB SCSI hard drive that spins at 10,000 RPM. SCSI (Small Computer System Interface) is a set of standards for physically connecting and transferring data between computers and devices. The drive features a SCSI interface, which supports faster data transfer rates and more advanced features compared to other types of hard drives, such as IDE or SATA.
The drive is labeled as "High Performance" so it will have a faster data access time compared to standard hard drives that spin at lower speeds, like 7,200 RPM or 5,400 RPM. This makes it suitable for use in high-performance servers, workstations, and other similar high-demand applications where fast data access is crucial.
It is an older device model and not been manufactured anymore, it is not available in market and those available may be used / refurbished.
Data Protection and Security
The BD30088279 is an older hard drive model, so the specific data protection and security features it offers may be limited compared to newer models. However, SCSI hard drives in general tend to have advanced features that can help protect data and secure it from unauthorized access.
One of the main data protection features of SCSI hard drives is the ability to perform background scans for bad sectors, which can help prevent data loss due to hardware failures. In addition, many SCSI hard drives include built-in error correction code (ECC) functionality, which can detect and correct errors that occur during data transfer.
The BD30088279 is an older hard drive model, so the exact form factor may vary depending on the specific version or manufacturer. However, SCSI hard drives in general tend to have a 3.5-inch form factor, which is the standard size for most internal hard drives. This means that the drive will be designed to fit into a standard 3.5-inch drive bay in a computer or server. The drive size are generally larger than 2.5-inch form factors, this drive and is intended to be used inside the server or workstations.
The drive will also have a standard set of connectors on the back of the drive that are used to connect it to the computer's SCSI controller, typically a 68-pin LVD or HVD connector. Some variations may also have a terminator on the back which is an important component for SCSI chains and its used to signal the end of a SCSI bus to the controller.
General Information about the HPE BD30087B53
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Model Number or SKU# BD30087B53
- Type: Internal Hard Drive
- Interface Type: Ultra-320 SCSI
- Capacity: 300 GB
- Form Factor: 3.5 Inch x 1/3H
- Spindle Speed: 10000 RPM
Dimension and Weight
- Width : 4 Inch
- Depth : 5.8 Inch
- Height : 1 Inch
- Weight : 1.52 Lbs
- ProLiant BL Series: BL20p G1, BL20p G2, BL20p G3, BL25p, BL40p, BL45p G1, BL60p
- ProLiant CL Series: CL1850, CL380
- ProLiant DL Series: DL360 G1, DL360 G2, DL360 G3, DL360 G4, DL360 G4p, DL380 G1, DL380 G2, DL380 G3, DL380 G4, DL385 G1, DL560, DL580 G1,
- DL580 G2, DL580 G3, DL585 G1, DL590, DL740, DL760
- ProLiant ML Series: ML330 G1, ML330 G2, ML330 G3, ML350 G1, ML350 G2, ML350 G3, ML350 G4, ML370 G1, ML370 G2, ML370 G3, ML370 G4,
- ML530 G1, ML530 G2, ML570 G1, ML570 G2, ML570 G3, ML750
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About Refurbished Products
The ultra320 SCSI hard drive generation is the immediate upgrade of its predecessor, the ultra160 SCSI. The newer generation ultra320 SCSI HDD comes about as an implementation of the SCSI-3 Parallel Interface-4 (SPI-4) standards.
Over its lifetime, the SCSI standard is widely used in servers and high-end workstations. It is possible to install SCSI HDDs in a desktop PC that has one or more IDE disk drives. The IDE drive acts as the boot drive, while the SCSI hard drive provides additional storage capacity. SCSI is not commonly used in desktop PCs, although it allows the addition of a scanner and several other drives such as DVD-RAM, CD-Rs, and Zip drives to a single SCSI cable chain. USB and FireWire have gradually replaced the SCSI as alternate interfaces in the latest desktop PCs.
In-network servers, SCSI allows for the setting up of several hard drives in the RAID configuration to reduce the risk of loss of data. The configuration supports hot-swapping - the changing of hard drives while the system is still operating.
Ultra320 SCSI HDD just as the name suggests delivers 320 Mbps top speed and provides a faster bus at 80 MHz and a wider data path at 16 bit. Connections with the Ultra320 SCSI HDDs just like with SCSI devices can be daisy-chained since they have two ports - the incoming and the outgoing cables. Besides, SCSI has a strong commitment to backward compatibility with previous generations, which explains its widespread use as an I/O interface and the elimination of the need for substantial investments in equipment and infrastructure. Migration to the ultra320 SCSI HDD is smooth whether it is from the Ultra160 SCSI or other generations of the SCSI standard because of backward compatibility.
The ultra320 SCSI hard drive takes on technologies such as domain validation, cyclic redundancy check, and dual-edge clocking first introduced by ultra160 SCSI. Additionally, the ultra320 SCSI hard drive introduces protocol changes and other technologies that enhance performance and support reliable data transfer speeds at 320 Mbps. We have the following ultra320 SCSI HDD options: 146GB-10K RPM, 146GB-15K RPM, 300GB-10K RPM, 300GB-15K RPM, 36GB-10K RPM, 36GB-15K RPM, 73GB-10K RPM, 73GB-15K RPM, and 18GB-15K RPM to meet your performance and storage requirements.
The standard features of the ultra320 SCSI hard drive include:
- Two-fold increase in transfer speed: The ultra320 SCSI hard drive increases the transfer rate by 100% from the previous generation at the rate of 320 Mbps. The technology allows greater transfer rates, effectively leading to greater performance in environments of extended data transfer and support for many devices on a single bus.
- Support for SCSI packet protocol: By enabling packet protocols, the ultra320 SCSI HDD helps to reduce command overhead by using dual transition (DT) data phases to transfer data, commands, and statuses rather than asynchronous phases that are generally slow. Packet protocol allows for the transfer of multiple commands in one connection as well as increased performance through minimal command overhead and maximum bus utilization.
- Quick Arbitration and Selection (QAS): the technology helps reduce control release overhead between devices at the SCSI bus. QAS is all about reducing command overhead and maximizing utilization of the bus.
- Read/Write Data Streaming facilitates the reduction of overhead associated with data transfer through the sending of a LUN Q-TAG (LQ) data stream packet, which is subsequently followed by multiple data packets. Greater write data streaming is achieved since the bus turnaround delay is eliminated between LQ and data packets.
- The flow control feature facilitates the initiator to enhance the pre-fetching of data for writes and enhance the flushing of FIFOs for reads.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.