Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Verify that the transceiver module is properly inserted and secured in the port.
- Check the status of the transceiver module in the switch's web interface or command-line interface. The module should be recognized and show as "up" or "active."
- Check the link status of the port the transceiver is connected to. The link should be up and showing a speed of 10Gbps.
- Check the cabling and connectivity between the transceiver module and the device it is connected to. Ensure that the cabling is properly connected and the correct type of cable is being used.
- Check for any error messages or alarms related to the transceiver module in the switch's logs or event history.
- If the transceiver module is still not functioning properly, try replacing it with a known working module to verify if it is a hardware issue.
- If the issue persists, contact HPE technical support for further assistance.
- It is recommended to clean the transceiver module and the port on a regular basis to ensure proper functioning and prevent dust accumulation.
- Keep the transceiver module in a cool and dry place to prevent heat damage.
- Regularly check the firmware version of the transceiver module and update it if necessary.
Installing and Configuring
- Begin by unboxing the J9151A HPE ProCurve 10GB SFP+ LC 10GBase-LR Ethernet Transceiver Module and verifying that all components are present and in good condition.
- Next, connect the transceiver module to the host device or switch that it will be used with. This is typically done by plugging the module into the SFP+ port on the device.
- Once the module is connected, power on the host device or switch.
- Verify that the transceiver module is recognized by the host device or switch by checking the device's interface or management console for the presence of the 10GB link.
- Configure the transceiver module by setting the appropriate parameters for the link, such as speed, duplex, and flow control. This can typically be done through the device's management console or command line interface.
- Test the link by sending data over the connection and verifying that it is transmitted correctly.
- Once the link is fully configured and tested, it is ready for use. Make sure to monitor the link regularly to ensure that it is functioning properly and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Performance and reliability
The J9151A HPE ProCurve 10GB SFP+ LC 10GBase-LR Ethernet Transceiver Module is a high-performance and reliable transceiver module designed for use with HPE ProCurve switches and other compatible devices. It supports 10 Gigabit Ethernet over single-mode fiber and has a maximum distance of 10 kilometers.
The module has a low power consumption of 1.5 watts and is compliant with IEEE 802.3ae and RoHS standards. It also has a built-in digital diagnostic monitoring (DDM) feature, which allows for real-time monitoring of transceiver performance and alerts in case of any issues.
In terms of reliability, the J9151A has been designed and tested to meet HPE's strict standards for quality and durability. It has a MTBF (mean time between failures) of over 1 million hours, ensuring that it can operate continuously and without interruption for extended periods of time.
Main Specification about this HPE J9151A
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU # J9151A
- Device Type:Transceiver Module
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Cabling Type: 10GBase-LR
- Data Link Protoco: l10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Optical Wave Length: 1310 nm
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces: 1 x Ethernet 10GBase-LR
- Compatible Slots:1 x SFP+
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 0.6 in
- Depth: 2.2 in
- Height: 0.5 in
- Weight: 0.7 oz
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 158 °F
- HP 2-Port SFP+/ 2-Port CX4 10GbE yl Module, 5406 zl Switch, 6120XG Blade Switch, 6600-24G-4XG Switch, 6600-48G-4XG Switch, SFP+ zl, SFP+ zl Module Rack Shippable
About New Bulk Pack Products
Building a fiber-optic network calls for a lot of planning and consideration of many factors. Transceivers are part of the many devices used to build optical fiber systems. A transceiver serves the combined roles of a transmitter and a receiver in that it transmits and receives signals. They are most common in communication equipment such as cellular phones, cordless telephone sets, and radio. Small form factors are required as networks become dense and space is limited, which sees transceivers included in chipsets.
In local area networks (LAN), a transceiver is used to connect a computer to printers and other devices on the network. Usually, the transceiver is integrated into the Network Interface Card (NIC)
Typical Roles of a Transceiver
- Used to convert frequencies from IF to RF.
- Widespread use in wireless communication to transmit data – voice, data, and video.
- RF transceivers are used in communication devices to support radio and TV signal transmission, digital signals transmission, and satellite communication.
- Collision detection – detection of simultaneous signals on the network.
- Transceivers can be deployed to provide a jabber function to interrupt transmission of long data stream outputs.
Look no further for all types of transceivers including fiber optic transceivers, wireless transceivers, Ethernet transceivers, and RF transceivers. All these transceivers have different characteristics and support full-duplex communication, but the principle behind their work remains the same. Different types of transceivers will have varying numbers of ports used in transceiver networking connections.
RF Transceivers: these devices are used to transmit video or voice data over a wireless medium. Commonly used for satellite communication, radio transmission, and ITE/WiMax/WLAN networks. The radio transceiver works by silencing the receiver when it is transmitting. There is an electronic switch that facilitates the connection of both the receiver and transmitter on the same antenna. The switch protects the receiver from damage that may be caused by the transmitter output.
Fiber Optic Transceivers: Also referred to as optical modules or fiber optical transceivers. Used to transmit data in fiber optic technology. The network must also have electronic components to encode or decode data into light signals.
Ethernet Transceivers: Basically used to connect electronic devices in a network so that they are able to transmit and receive data. It is also referred to as a media access unit (MAU). The best application of these transceivers is in the specification of IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet. Ethernet transceivers will detect a collision, provide Ethernet interface processing, convert digital data, and provide access to the network.
Wireless Transceivers: Wireless transceivers are a fundamental component necessary for data delivery in wireless networks. These transceivers have two layers. The physical layer has a baseband processor and RF front end. The processor converts a bitstream to a collection symbol flow for data transmission. The second layer is a MAC layer for link traffic control in contacting wireless links, improving data throughput, and preventing collisions.
We guarantee our customers high quality and reliability for all our transceiver networking solutions, irrespective of the type and size of your network.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product J9151A at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Transceiver
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.