Maximizing Network Performance
To maximize the network performance of the J9533A HP 44pt 10GBE PoE+ Sfp+ 1000+2pt Slot+4 Open Slot 44 Ports switch, the following steps can be taken:
- Utilize Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritize traffic and ensure that important data is given priority over less critical traffic.
- Use Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) to group multiple physical links into a single logical link, increasing the available bandwidth and improving redundancy.
- Configure jumbo frames to increase the maximum transmission unit (MTU) size and reduce the number of packets required to transmit large amounts of data.
- Enable flow control to prevent data loss during periods of high traffic.
- Regularly check for firmware updates and apply them to ensure that the switch is running the latest version with the latest performance enhancements and bug fixes.
- Monitor the switch's performance and troubleshoot any issues that may arise using the switch's built-in monitoring tools and diagnostic commands.
- Review the network topology and make sure it is designed in a way that minimizes the number of hops and maximizes the use of high-speed links.
- Keep an eye on the switch's CPU, memory, and temperature to ensure that they are not approaching their maximum levels.
- Avoid oversubscribing the switch's ports and make sure that the switch is not being overworked by connecting too many devices to it.
- Finally, consider using a switch with a higher port density and more advanced features if the current switch is unable to keep up with the demands of the network.
It is important to note that these are general guidelines and the specific requirements for maximizing the performance of the switch may vary depending on the specific usage scenario. It is recommended to consult the manufacturer's documentation for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Optimization and Security
- VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) segmentation: This feature allows you to segment your network into smaller, more manageable groups, which improves network performance and security.
- Quality of Service (QoS): This feature allows you to prioritize network traffic, ensuring that important data is sent first and less important data is sent last.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): This feature allows you to bundle multiple physical links together to create a single logical link, which increases bandwidth and improves network reliability.
- SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol): This feature allows you to monitor and manage your network remotely, which improves network visibility and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): This feature allows you to define security policies that control which devices can access the network and what they can do once they are connected.
- IEEE 802.1X: This feature allows you to authenticate network devices before they are allowed to access the network, which improves network security.
- DHCP Snooping: This feature allows you to prevent rogue DHCP servers from being connected to the network, which improves network security.
- Port Security: This feature allows you to limit the number of devices that can be connected to a switch port, which improves network security.
It is important to note that the above-listed features are only a small sample of the capabilities that are available on the J9533A HP 44pt 10GBE PoE+ Sfp+ 1000+2pt Slot+4 Open Slot 44 Ports switch. It is always recommended to consult the manufacturer's documentation for the most accurate and up-to-date information on the switch's features and capabilities.
Connectivity and Expansion
The J9533A HP 44pt 10GBE PoE+ Sfp+ 1000+2pt Slot+4 Open Slot 44 Ports switch has the following connectivity and expansion options:
- 44 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 4 open slots for additional module expansion
- 4 SFP+ ports for fiber connectivity
- Support for PoE+ (Power over Ethernet Plus)
- The switch supports the addition of HPE FlexNetwork modules, such as the HPE X132 10G SFP+ LC SR Transceiver, HPE X132 10G SFP+ LC LR Transceiver, HPE X132 10G SFP+ LC ER Transceiver, and HPE X132 10G SFP+ LC ZR Transceiver.
- The open slots also support the addition of HPE FlexNetwork modules, such as the HPE X130 10G SFP+ LC SR Transceiver, HPE X130 10G SFP+ LC LR Transceiver, HPE X130 10G SFP+ LC ER Transceiver, and HPE X130 10G SFP+ LC ZR Transceiver.
It is important to note that the switch supports stacking, which allows multiple switches to be connected and managed as a single device. This increases the number of available ports and provides redundancy and high availability. It is recommended to consult the manufacturer's documentation for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Switch-Type: 44 Ports
Enclosure Type : Rack-Mountable - 4u
Ports : 44 X 10/100/1000 + 2 X Sfp+
Power Over Ethernet (Poe) : Yes
Performance : Switching Capacity : 379.2 Gbps
Mac Address Table Size : 64k Entries
Routing Protocol : Rip-1, Rip-2, Ospfv2, Static Ip Routing, Igmpv3, Ospfv3, Static Ipv6 Routing
Remote Management Protocol : Snmp 1, Rmon 1, Rmon 2, Rmon 3, Rmon 9, Telnet, Snmp 3, Snmp 2c, Http
Encryption Algorithm : Ssl
Authentication Method : Secure Shell (Ssh), Radius, Tacacs+, Secure Shell V.2 (Ssh2)
Processor : 1 X Freescale Powerpc 8540 : 666 Mhz
Ram : 256 Mb - Ddr Sdram
Flash Memory : 128 Mb (Max)
Expansion / Connectivity
Interfaces : 44 X 10base-T/100base-Tx/1000base-T - Rj-45 - Poe 1 X Rs-232c - Management 2 X Sfp+
Expansion Slots Total (Free) : 6 ( 4 ) X Expansion Slot 1 ( 1 ) X Compactflash Card
Installed Modules Qty (Max) : 2 (Installed) / 6 (Max)
Dimensions & Weight
Width: 17.5 inch
Depth : 17.8 inch
Height : 6.9 inch
Weight : 46 lbs
Power Device : Power Supply - Hot-Plug - Plug-In Module
Voltage Required : Ac 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product J9533A at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.