Features and benefits
The J9540A HP E5412-92G-PoE 4G-SFP V2 Zl Switch Chassis is a high-performance network switch designed for enterprise use. Some of its key features and benefits include:
- 92 Gigabit Ethernet ports, which provide high-speed connectivity for a large number of devices.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) support, which allows the switch to power connected devices over the Ethernet cable, eliminating the need for separate power supplies.
- 4 Gigabit SFP ports, which provide fiber connectivity for longer-distance connections.
- VLAN support, which allows for the creation of virtual networks within the switch, improving security and network segmentation.
- Quality of Service (QoS) support, which allows for prioritization of network traffic based on different criteria.
- Zero Loss Architecture (ZL) support, which provides high availability and eliminates packet loss in the event of a switchover.
- HPE Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) support, which allows for the creation of virtual devices and the ability to manage multiple switches as a single entity.
- Advanced security features such as Access Control List (ACL) and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
- J9540A HP E5412-92G-PoE 4G-SFP V2 Zl Switch Chassis is also compatible with HPE's Network Automation and Management tools, which allows for easy configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of the network.
Management and security
- The J9540A HP E5412-92G-PoE 4G-SFP V2 Zl Switch Chassis can be managed through a web interface, Telnet, or SNMP.
- The web interface allows for easy configuration and monitoring of the switch, including port settings, VLANs, and firmware updates.
- Telnet and SNMP can be used for remote management and automation of tasks.
- The J9540A HP E5412-92G-PoE 4G-SFP V2 Zl Switch Chassis includes various security features to protect against unauthorized access and network threats.
- Access control lists (ACLs) can be configured to limit access to specific ports or VLANs.
- The switch supports IEEE 802.1X authentication for network access control.
- The switch also includes a built-in stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall to protect against external threats.
- The switch supports secure management protocols such as SSH and HTTPS for secure remote management.
- The switch also supports advanced security features such as IP Source Guard and DHCP snooping to protect against malicious attacks.
Power and Cooling Requirements
The J9540A HP E5412-92G-PoE 4G-SFP V2 Zl Switch Chassis requires the following power and cooling specifications:
- Voltage: 100-240 VAC
- Frequency: 50-60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 1350 W (maximum)
- Airflow: Front-to-back or back-to-front
- Temperature: Operating: 0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F); Storage: -40 to 70°C (-40 to 158°F)
- Humidity: Operating: 10 to 85% (non-condensing); Storage: 5 to 95% (non-condensing)
- Altitude: Operating: Up to 2000 m (6561 ft); Storage: Up to 12000 m (39,370 ft)
It is important to note that the power and cooling requirements may vary depending on the specific configuration and usage of the switch. It is recommended to consult the manufacturer's documentation for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
General Information about the HPE J9540A
- Brand: HP
- Model Number or SKU# J9540A
- Type: Networking
- Switch -Type: 92 Ports
- Enclosure Type : Rack-Mountable - 7u
- Advanced Switching : Layer 4
- Installed Modules Qty (Max) : 4 (Installed) / 12 (Max)
- Ports Qty : 92 X Ethernet 10 Base-T, Ethernet 100 Base-Tx, Ethernet 1000 Base-T
- Data Link Protocol : Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Routing Protocol : Rip-1, Rip-2, Ospfv2, Static Ip Routing, Igmpv3, Ospfv3
- Remote Management Protocol : Rmon 2, Telnet, Snmp 3, Http, Tftp
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Communication Mode : Half-Duplex, Full-Duplex
- Switching Protocol : Ethernet
- Power Over Ethernet (Poe) : Yes
- Power Device : Power Supply
- Installed Qty : 2 (Installed) / 4 (Max)
- Voltage Required : Ac 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 17.5 inch
- Depth : 14.4 inch
- Height : 17.8 inch
- Weight :74.87 lb
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slots Total (Free) : 12 ( 8 ) X Expansion Slot 4 ( 4 ) X Sfp (Mini-Gbic)
- Interfaces : 92 X Network - Ethernet 10 Base-T/100 Base-Tx/1000 Base-T - Rj-45 Management
About New Bulk Pack Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.