Configuration and Management
The J9780-61001 HP 2530 8 PoE Switch is a managed switch with 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 4 of which support Power over Ethernet (PoE). It is designed for small to medium-sized businesses that need a switch with advanced features for network management and security.
Configuration and Management:
- Web Interface: The switch can be accessed through a web interface that provides an intuitive and user-friendly graphical interface for configuration and management. This allows users to configure the switch's ports, VLANs, and Quality of Service (QoS) settings.
- Command Line Interface (CLI): The switch also supports CLI configuration, which provides advanced users with the ability to configure the switch using command-line commands.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): The switch supports SNMP, which is used to manage the switch remotely. This allows users to monitor the switch's performance, receive alerts for any errors or malfunctions, and manage the switch from a central location.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): The switch supports LACP, which allows users to combine multiple physical ports into a single logical port for increased bandwidth and redundancy.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): The switch supports STP, which helps prevent loops in the network by automatically blocking certain redundant paths.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The switch supports ACLs, which allow administrators to define access policies for different users and devices, based on IP addresses, MAC addresses, or other criteria.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports QoS, which allows administrators to prioritize traffic and ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
Deployment and Configuration
J9780-61001 HP 2530 8 PoE Switch is a managed switch designed for small and medium-sized businesses. It provides 8 ports with Power over Ethernet (PoE) support, allowing the connection of PoE-enabled devices such as cameras, phones, and wireless access points. The switch is managed, meaning that it can be configured and monitored through a web interface or using a network management software.
- Connect the switch to a power source and connect it to a network.
- Configure the switch with a static IP address. This can be done through the web interface or using a network management software.
- Assign VLANs to the switch ports, if necessary.
- Enable PoE on the switch ports that will be used for PoE devices.
- Log into the switch using the web interface or network management software.
- Configure the basic settings such as IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS server.
- Enable security features such as access control lists (ACLs) to control network access.
- Configure Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritize network traffic and ensure that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth.
- Monitor and manage switch performance through the web interface or network management software.
In conclusion, the HP 2530 8 PoE Switch is a simple and easy-to-use managed switch that can be quickly deployed and configured for small to medium-sized businesses. With its support for PoE and advanced network management features, it provides a reliable and scalable solution for your network.
Virtual LANs (VLANs) and Link Aggregation
The HP 2530 8 PoE Switch J9780-61001 is an eight-port managed switch designed for small and medium-sized businesses. It provides Power over Ethernet (PoE) capabilities, allowing the switch to power devices such as wireless access points and IP phones.
The switch supports Virtual LANs (VLANs), which allows for segmentation of the network into multiple broadcast domains. This helps to improve network security and performance by isolating network traffic and reducing broadcast traffic.
The switch also supports Link Aggregation, which allows multiple physical connections to be bundled together to form a single logical connection. This helps to increase the bandwidth and improve the reliability of the network. Link aggregation allows for the switch to use multiple ports to transmit data, which can improve network performance and provide redundancy in case of a single port failure.
- Device Type : Switch - 8 Ports - Managed
- Enclosure Type : Desktop, Rack-Mountable, Wall-Mountable - 1u
- Ports : 8 X 10/100 + 2 X Gigabit Sfp + 2 X 10/100/1000
- Power Over Ethernet (Poe) : Poe+
- Performance :
- Throughput : 4.1 Mpps
- Switching Capacity : 5.6 Gbps
- Capacity :
- Mac Addresses : 16000
- Mac Address Table Size : 16000 Entries
- Jumbo Frame Support : 9220
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp 1, Rmon 1, Rmon 2, Rmon 3, Rmon 9, Telnet, Snmp 3, Snmp 2c, Http, Tftp, Ssh-2, Cli
- Flow Control, Dhcp Support, Bootp Support, Arp Support, Trunking, Vlan Support, Auto-Uplink (Auto Mdi/Mdi-X), Port Mirroring, Ipv6 Support, Half Duplex Mode, Full Duplex Mode, Sntp Support, Sflow, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (Mstp) Support, Access Control List (Acl) Support, Quality Of Service (Qos), Stp Root Guard, Lldp Support, Class Of Service (Cos), Generic Attribute Registration Protocol (Garp)
- Compliant Standards : Ieee 802.3, Ieee 802.3u, Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.3ab, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3af, Ieee 802.3x, Ieee 802.3ad (Lacp), Ieee 802.1w, Ieee 802.1x, Ieee 802.1s, Ieee 802.1ab (Lldp), Ieee 802.3at, Ieee 802.3az
- Power : Ac 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product J9780-61001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.