PCIe 3.0 Network Adapter
A PCIe 3.0 network adapter is a network interface card that connects to a computer's PCIe 3.0 slot to provide high-speed network connectivity. PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express) is a high-speed serial bus interface used to connect various hardware components in a computer, including network adapters.
The PCIe 3.0 standard is the third generation of the PCIe interface, which provides faster data transfer rates compared to the previous PCIe 2.0 standard. PCIe 3.0 provides a maximum data transfer rate of 8 GT/s (gigatransfers per second), which is twice as fast as the maximum transfer rate of PCIe 2.0.
A PCIe 3.0 network adapter provides several benefits over traditional network adapters, including higher bandwidth and faster data transfer rates. This makes it an ideal solution for servers and workstations that require high-speed network connectivity for applications such as data center workloads, high-performance computing, and virtualization.
The HPE 10Gbps 2-Ports PCIe 3.0 Network Adapter (705086-001) is an example of a PCIe 3.0 network adapter that provides two 10Gbps Ethernet ports for high-speed network connectivity. It uses SFP+ connectors to connect to fiber-optic or copper-based Ethernet networks and supports various operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and VMware.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
When using the HPE 10Gbps 2-Ports PCIe 3.0 Network Adapter (705086-001), users may encounter common issues that affect the adapter's functionality. Troubleshooting common issues can help identify the source of the problem and provide a solution to restore normal operation. Here are some common issues and troubleshooting tips:
- Adapter not recognized by the server/workstation: If the adapter is not recognized by the server/workstation, check that the adapter is properly installed in the PCIe slot and that the operating system recognizes the adapter. It may be necessary to update the driver and firmware or reinstall the adapter.
- Slow network performance: If the network performance is slower than expected, check that the network cables and connectors are properly connected and functioning correctly. Verify that the adapter is running at the correct speed and duplex settings. It may also be necessary to adjust the adapter settings or update the driver and firmware.
- Inability to connect to the network: If the adapter is unable to connect to the network, check that the network cables and connectors are properly connected and functioning correctly. Verify that the network configuration settings are correct, such as the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway. It may also be necessary to check for any firewall or security settings that may be blocking the connection.
- Adapter overheating: If the adapter is overheating, check that the server/workstation has proper ventilation and cooling. Ensure that the adapter is not installed in a location that blocks airflow or near other hot components. It may also be necessary to check the fan speed and adjust the settings or update the firmware.
- Adapter hardware failure: If the adapter is not functioning at all or has hardware failure, it may be necessary to replace the adapter with a new one. Contact HPE support for further assistance and warranty information.
Installation requirements refer to the specific hardware and software components needed to properly install and use the HPE 10Gbps 2-Ports PCIe 3.0 Network Adapter (705086-001) in a server or workstation.
The first installation requirement is to ensure that the server or workstation is compatible with the HPE 10Gbps 2-Ports PCIe 3.0 Network Adapter. This means verifying that the server or workstation has an available PCIe 3.0 slot that can support the network adapter.
The second installation requirement is to ensure that the operating system running on the server or workstation is compatible with the network adapter. HPE provides drivers and firmware for various operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and VMware. It is essential to choose the correct driver and firmware for the specific operating system version and architecture.
The third installation requirement is to have the necessary cables and connectors to connect the network adapter to the network. The HPE 10Gbps 2-Ports PCIe 3.0 Network Adapter uses SFP+ connectors to connect to fiber-optic or copper-based Ethernet networks. Users will need to have the appropriate cables and connectors to connect to their network infrastructure.
Lastly, before installing the network adapter, users should ensure that they have the appropriate tools and equipment, such as a screwdriver and an ESD wrist strap, to handle and install the adapter properly. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully to avoid damaging the adapter or the server/workstation during installation.
General Information about this HPE 705086-001
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Model Number or SKU# 705086-001
- Device Type: Network Adapter
Technical Information for Dual Ports Adapter
- Ports: 2 Ports Adapter
- Interface (Bus) Type: PCI-E 3.0 x16
- Data Transfer Rate: 10 GBPS
Network and Communication of 10GBPS Network Adapter
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Data Link Protocol: 56GB/s FDR InfiniBand
- Switches Supported: HPE BLC FDR IB (Mellanox)
- Network Technology: Mellanox Connect-IB
- HPE ProLiant BL Series: BL460c Gen8 BL465c Gen8 BL660c Gen8 WS460c Gen8
About Refurbished Products
A network adapter also called a network interface card is a plug-in card that serves to allow computers to both transmit and receive data on a local network. It is a component of a computer's internal hardware that facilitates communication over a network.
In a more current context, network adapters will refer to an Ethernet adapter where the Ethernet circuitry is built into motherboards of the latest desktops and laptop computers. Other times, a network adapter may also refer to a wireless (Wi-Fi) adapter.
In all instances, the adapter allows a computer to connect with another computer, a server, or other networking devices through a LAN connection. The use of a network adapter is not limited to wired connections as it is used for wireless networks. The adapters for wired networks come with an RJ-45 port that may use either the twisted or untwisted pair cables for network connectivity. For the wireless adapters, the network connection is facilitated through a built-in antenna or an externally connected antenna. Both the wired and wireless network adapters support the popular LAN protocols including TCP/IP. We have 1-port, 2-port, 4-port, 6-port, 8-port, and 16-port options that support speeds of 10, 25, 40, or even 100 Gigabits.
The plug-in network interface cards (NICs) are normally used in high-performance machines especially if a faster Ethernet standard is relatively new and available but is yet to become mainstream. In fact, the major difference between network adapters lies in the network protocol it supports.
We have the different types of network adapters necessary for building computer-to-computer networks that don't have a switch or hub. All the network adapters are fairly inexpensive and readily adaptable to different applications within a network. Some of the common types available are:
Network adapters common types
- Desktop Network Interface Card: This adapter is usually connected to a PCI or PCIe slot, whichever is available on the motherboard of your desktop computer. You will need to open your computer's case and it, therefore, presents the most difficult installation method. The PCIe slot is generally found in new computers.
- PC Card or PCMCIA Card: PCMCIA is the abbreviation for Personal Computer Memory Card International Association. The name has undergone changes over time to be referred to as a PC Card or ExpressCard. For dimensions, the PC card is almost similar in size to a credit card but is significantly thicker. The PC card is connected to a PC or PCMCIA card slot in your desktop computer or laptop computer.
- USB adapter: This network adapter is typically a small device, similar to a thumb drive, with a USB interface. Installation is easy and straightforward since it is plugged into the USB port of your desktop or laptop computer or other network devices that have a USB port.
- Wireless game adapters also referred to as media adapters, are connected to older game consoles and home entertainment devices so as to act as a bridge to Wi-Fi capability. They help expand functionality on these entertainment devices through connections to the internet.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.