Comparison to Similar Products
The HPE 802891-B21 is a high-performance SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) solid-state drive (SSD) that is equipped with 1.92TB of storage capacity and a 12 Gbps data transfer rate. It is a 2.5-inch form factor drive that comes with a SFF Smart Carrier, optimized for read-intensive workloads.
Compared to similar products, the HPE 802891-B21 has a number of advantages:
- The SFF Smart Carrier design allows for easy maintenance and upgrade, it also provides secure scalability and accessibility for servers and other high-performance computing applications.
- The drive is designed for hot-swap use, which means it can be easily replaced without shutting down the system.
- The SAS interface provides faster data transfer speeds and improved reliability compared to SATA-based SSDs.
- Optimized for read-intensive workloads, it can handle high volume of read operations.
- High storage capacity of 1.92TB
Other similar products may offer similar specs such as a 12 Gbps data transfer rate and high storage capacity, but may lack the SFF Smart Carrier and hot-swap feature. Other products may also be optimized for write-intensive or mix-use workloads, whereas the HPE 802891-B21 is optimized for read-intensive workloads.
It is important to evaluate the specific needs of your workloads and data center environment before making a decision. The HPE 802891-B21 is an excellent choice for enterprise and data center environments where performance, scalability, and reliability are essential, especially for applications that require high read operations, high storage capacity and high durability such as Database, virtualization, and Cloud computing.
Conclusion and Recommendations
The HPE 802891-B21 is a 1.92TB SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) solid-state drive (SSD) that has a data transfer rate of 12 Gbps, a form factor of 2.5 inches, and comes with a Smart Carrier, a drive tray that enhances the drive's performance and reliability. The drive is designed for read-intensive workloads, which are characterized by high levels of data reading and low levels of data writing.
In conclusion, the HPE 802891-B21 drive is a high-performance SSD that is suitable for use in read-intensive workloads, such as data warehousing, business intelligence, and online transaction processing. Its large storage capacity and high data transfer rate make it well-suited for use in enterprise-level systems, and the Smart Carrier provides added reliability and performance.
In terms of recommendations, it is important to ensure that the system or server is compatible with the drive's form factor, data transfer rate, and Smart Carrier before purchasing. It is also recommended to check the server manual for any additional steps or precautions that may be required during installation, and also ensure that the system BIOS or firmware is up to date, and the system has the necessary drivers to recognize the drive.
Future Developments and Advancements
The HPE 802891-B21 1.92TB SAS 12GBPS Read Intensive SFF (Small Form Factor) Smart Carrier 2.5-inch SSD is a current product and technology, and as such, there are likely to be future developments and advancements in the field of solid-state drives (SSDs) that will improve upon its capabilities. Some possible future developments for SSDs include:
- Increased storage capacity: As data storage needs continue to grow, there will likely be an ongoing effort to increase the storage capacity of SSDs. This may be achieved through advancements in NAND flash memory technology, which could allow for more bits of data to be stored per cell.
- Improved durability and endurance: As SSDs are increasingly used in high-performance and heavy-duty workloads, there will be a need to improve the durability and endurance of the drives. This may be achieved through advancements in the materials and construction of the drives, as well as through improvements in the algorithms used for wear-leveling and error correction.
- Faster data transfer speeds: With the advent of new interface standards such as NVMe and NVMe over Fabric, there will be a constant effort to increase data transfer speeds of SSDs.
- More advanced security features: As the need for data security continues to grow, there will be an ongoing effort to develop more advanced security features for SSDs, such as hardware-based encryption and secure boot capabilities.
- Lower power consumption: As energy efficiency becomes increasingly important, there will be a push to develop SSDs that consume less power.
- Cost reduction: As technology advances, the cost of production will reduce and the cost of SSDs will decrease making it more affordable for a wider range of customers.
- Smart Carrier Technology: Smart carrier technology is a new development in the SSD industry, it enables SSDs to be more resilient to failures and improves their performance. This technology will be enhanced in the future for better performance and increased reliability.
It's worth noting that these are predictions and it's hard to predict the exact future developments, but it's likely that the industry will continue to focus on these areas to improve the performance, durability, and security of SSDs.
- Manufacturer : Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- MPN: 802891-B21
- Type: Solid State Drive (SSD)
- SSD Type: SAS-12GBPS
- Spare Part Number: 802911-001
- Model Number: VO1920JEUQQ
- Assembly Number: 799839-001
- SKU: 802891-B21
- Capacity : 1.92 TB
- Form Factor: 2.5 inch SFF
- Flash Type: Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
- Bytes per Sector: 512
- Connectivity: Dual-Port
- Plug Type: Hot Pluggable
- Format Type: 512e
- Carrier Type: Smart Carrier (SC)
- Workload Type: Read Intensive
- Bundled with: HPE Smart Carrier
- Server Gen Supported: Gen8, Gen9
- Sequential Reads: 950 MBPS
- Sequential Writes: 950 MBPS
- Drive Writes Per Day (DWPD): 1.9
- Transfer Rate Synchronous (Maximum): 12 GB/sec
- Random Read IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 102000 IOPS
- Random Write IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 34000 IOPS
- MAX Seq. Reads Throughput (MiB/s): 1000
- MAX Seq. Writes Throughput (MiB/s): 510
- Min Operating Temperature: 60 °C
- Max Operating Temperature: 0 °C
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 0.63 inch
- Width: 3.10 inch
- Depth: 5.45 inch
- Weight: 1.50 lbs
- HPE ProLiant BL Series: BL460c Gen8 (2.5 inch), BL660c Gen8 (2.5 inch), BL660c Gen8 Entry (2.5 inch), BL660c Gen8 Performance (2.5 inch), BL920s Gen8 (2.5 inch)
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL180 Gen9 (2.5 inch), DL180 Gen9 Base (2.5 inch), DL180 Gen9 Entry (2.5 inch), DL180 Gen9 Storage (2.5 inch), DL20 Gen9 (2.5 inch), DL20 Gen9 Entry (2.5 inch), DL20 Gen9 Performance (2.5 inch), DL320e Gen8 (2.5 inch), DL320e Gen8 Base (2.5 inch), DL320e Gen8 Entry (2.5 inch), DL320e Gen8 Performance (2.5 inch), DL320e Gen8 Special Server (2.5 inch), DL320e Gen8 v2 (2.5 inch), DL320e Gen8 v2 Base (2.5 inch), DL320e Gen8 v2 Entry (2.5 inch), DL320e Gen8 v2 Performance (2.5 inch), DL360e Gen8 Special Server (2.5 inch), DL360p Gen8 (2.5 inch), DL360p Gen8 CMS (2.5 inch), DL360p Gen8 Performance (2.5 inch), DL360p Gen8 Special Server (2.5 inch), DL380p Gen8 Performance (2.5 inch), DL385p Gen8 (2.5 inch), DL385p Gen8
- Entry (2.5 inch), DL385p Gen8 Storage (2.5 inch), DL385p Gen8 Storage Centric (2.5 inch), DL388 Gen9 (2.5 inch), DL388 Gen9 Base (2.5 inch), DL388p Gen8 (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen8 (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen8 Base (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen8 Entry (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen8 Performance (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen9 (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen9 Base (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen9 Entry (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen9 Performance (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen8 (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen8 Base (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen8 High Performance (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen9 (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen9 Database (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen9 SAP HANA Scale-out Base Configuration (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen9 SAP HANA Scale-up Base Configuration (2.5 inch)
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 802891-B21 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.