Key Features of the 823849-001 SAS I/O Controller
The 823849-001 HPE 12GB 2-Port SAS I/O Controller Module has the following key features:
- Performance: The controller supports a 12 Gb/s SAS interface, delivering improved data transfer rates and increased system performance.
- Scalability: The 2-port SAS interface supports both internal and external storage, allowing for flexible configuration and scalability.
- Compatibility: The controller is compatible with a variety of HPE ProLiant servers, offering easy integration and enhanced performance.
- Reliability: The controller features advanced error correction and reliability features, helping to ensure the reliability of your data storage.
- Management: The controller provides enhanced management and configuration options through HPE's intelligent storage management software.
These features provide a high-performance, reliable, and scalable storage solution, making the 823849-001 HPE 12GB 2-Port SAS I/O Controller Module an ideal choice for businesses of all sizes. Please note that these specifications are subject to change, so it is recommended to check with HPE for the latest information.
Easy Management and Deployment
The 823849-001 HPE 12GB 2-Port SAS I/O Controller Module is designed for easy management and deployment, making it a great choice for data center administrators who need to manage large amounts of data. Some of the features that support this include:
- Easy Installation: The module can be easily installed into a server and is designed to integrate seamlessly with HPE ProLiant Gen9 Servers.
- Flexible Management: The module can be managed using HPE's Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) management software, which provides a single-pane-of-glass view of all server components and allows for remote management and monitoring of the module.
- Advanced Monitoring: The module includes advanced monitoring features, such as event logging, performance monitoring, and real-time alerts, which help administrators quickly identify and resolve potential issues.
- Scalable Performance: The module supports the addition of additional disks and controllers, allowing administrators to easily scale performance as data storage needs grow.
Operating System Compatibility
The 823849-001 HPE 12GB 2-Port SAS I/O Controller Module is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x and 7.x
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 and 12
- VMware vSphere 5.5 and 6.0
- HP-UX 11i v3
It is recommended to check with HPE for the latest information on operating system compatibility for this module, as compatibility may depend on the specific version of the operating system.
General Information about this HPE 823849-001
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# 823849-001
- Device Type: I/o Controller Module
The 823849-001 HPE 12GB 2-Port SAS I/O Controller Module has the following technical specifications:
- Interface: 2 x 12 Gb/s SAS
- Data Transfer Rates: 12 Gb/s SAS
- Memory: 1 GB DDR4 memory
- Form Factor: Half-height, Half-length PCIe
- Processor: Dual-core 1.2 GHz
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, VMware vSphere, and HP-UX
- Protocol Support: SAS, SATA, and NVMe
- Power Supplies: Dual hot-plug power supplies
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
You are right on allhdd.com, where you find a wide range of controller modules to meet your storage needs. We don't just offer affordability; you also enjoy good customer service with fast delivery nationwide. We have the following categories of controller modules for your choosing: I/O Controller, Storage Controller, Equallogic, and Powervault. These modules are from some of the well-known brands and certified by credible bodies.
Controller modules are a series of microchips that help in the data transfer between a computer's CPU and the motherboard. The module's primary function is to help connect peripheral devices with the control units (CUs). The I/O controller enables the connection and control of multiple peripheral devices, including input and output devices. While the controller module can be installed on the motherboard of the system, it can also come as an accessory in replacements or add more peripheral accessories to the computer. Allhdd.com brings you the best of them all at your fingertips.
How The Controller Modules Works
Controller modules are otherwise regarded as an input/output interface or PIOC for the Peripheral I/O controller. The I/O controller is a device that connects with the input or output device and the system. Since the controller module is installed in the motherboard, it enables the motherboard to control and interface with other computer components. Some of these components include disk drives, hard drives, I/O devices, and printers. Whatever computer components you wish to add to your list of peripherals, we have modules on allhdd.com to handle things for you.
Storage Controller Modules
As the name implies, a storage controller is a device that controls storage arrays. This device is sometimes called an array controller or a storage processor. The primary components of storage controllers include the central processing unit, connection interface with the network and memory devices, and cache memory. Some devices, however, like specific hard drives, may need a controller card. On allhdd.com, we have various hard drives available. Suppose a hard drive was added to another type of computer than the original drive; in that case, it is necessary to get a controller for the new hard drive.
Network Controller Modules
The network controller modules are less popular then they used to be because modern computer systems come with the controller installed as a component of the chipset. Advances in computer developments have seen these controllers less useful. However, the earlier computers needed these modules to control the device that allowed a computer to connect to and run on a local network.
USB Controller Modules
The USB controller is a controller module or device that enables the computer to interface with the USB device. This controller comes either on the computer motherboard or as a PCI card. It serves as an interface for transferring data streams between the host computer system and the connected USB devices.
Allhdd.com provides server/ computer components to thousands of customers across the United States. There is a 30-day warranty on all orders. You enjoy free ground shipping to 48 states in the US. In addition to affordability, you can count on a 24/7 customer care center to attend to all your orders.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.