More Details of 2GB FBWC
The HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR GEN10 Controller (836260-001) includes a 2 GB Flash-backed write cache (FBWC) as one of its features. The FBWC is a high-speed storage buffer that is used to temporarily store data before it is written to the storage drives. It helps to improve the write performance of the storage system by allowing the controller to quickly write data to the FBWC, rather than waiting for the storage drives to be ready to accept the data.
The FBWC uses flash memory, which is a type of non-volatile memory that retains data even when power is lost. This means that even in the event of a power failure, the data stored in the FBWC will not be lost.
The 2 GB FBWC of the HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR GEN10 Controller provides a balance of performance and data protection, by improving the write performance of the storage system and by providing a reliable, non-volatile buffer for data. This feature is especially useful in high-performance and data-intensive applications where low-latency and high-speed data access is required.
The 2 GB FBWC of the HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR GEN10 Controller is an important feature that helps to improve the performance and data protection of the storage system. It allows for faster data write and a reliable non-volatile buffer for data, making it an ideal solution for high-performance and data-intensive applications.
Scalability and Flexibility
The HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR GEN10 Controller (836260-001) is designed to be highly scalable and flexible, allowing it to adapt to the changing storage needs of your organization. Some of the ways in which it provides scalability and flexibility include:
- High-density storage: The controller can be configured with up to 8 internal SAS/SATA ports, providing a high-density storage solution that can be expanded as needed.
- RAID support: The controller supports RAID levels 0, 1, 1+0, 5, and 6, as well as advanced data protection features such as RAID 6 ADG and RAID 60. This allows you to choose the RAID level that best fits your requirements, whether you need maximum performance, maximum data protection, or a balance of both.
- Online RAID level migration: The controller allows you to change the RAID level of your array without having to take it offline, which improves the flexibility of your storage system.
- Automatic RAID rebuild: The controller supports automatic RAID rebuild, which allows it to automatically repair a failed drive without any interruption to data access.
- Drive failure prediction: The controller includes advanced features such as drive failure prediction, which allows you to proactively replace a drive that is likely to fail, minimizing downtime and data loss.
- Modularity: The controller is a modular design, which allows for easy upgrade and maintenance.
Ease of Use and Management
The HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR GEN10 Controller (836260-001) is designed to be easy to use and manage, making it an ideal solution for a variety of enterprise, data center, and cloud environments. Some of the ways in which it offers ease of use and management include:
- Web-based user interface: The controller includes a web-based user interface that allows for easy setup and configuration of storage arrays. This interface is easy to navigate and provides detailed information on the status and configuration of the storage system.
- HPE Smart Storage Administrator (SSA): The controller supports the HPE Smart Storage Administrator (SSA) tool, which provides a centralized management interface for all of the storage components in your environment. This allows for easy management of multiple storage controllers and arrays from a single interface.
- HPE Systems Insight Manager (SIM): The controller is also compatible with HPE Systems Insight Manager (SIM), which allows for easy monitoring and management of the storage system, including the ability to track system health, monitor performance, and receive alerts for potential issues.
- Compatibility: The controller is compatible with a variety of operating systems including Windows, Linux, and VMware, which makes it easy to integrate with existing infrastructure.
The HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR GEN10 Controller offers ease of use and management, thanks to its web-based user interface, compatibility with management tools such as HPE SSA and SIM, and compatibility with a variety of operating systems. This makes it an ideal solution for IT administrators who are looking for a reliable and easy-to-manage storage solution.
General Information 836260-001 HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR GEN10
Manufacturer Name: HPE
MPN : 836260-001
Sub-Type: SAS Controller
Storage Interface (SAS/SATA)
8 SAS Lanes Across 2 X4 Internal MINI-SAS Ports
12GB/S SAS, 6GB/S SATA Technology
Mix-And-Match SAS And SATA Drives To The Same Controller
Support For SAS Tape Drives
2 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache (FBWC)
PCI EXPRESS 3.0 X8 LINK
Raid 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, 1 Adm, 10 Adm (Advanced Data Mirroring)
Mixed Mode(Raid Logic Drives And Hba Physical Drives Simultaneously)
Windows Storage Spaces Direct Validated
Vmware Virtual San Certified
Legacy And Uefi Boot Operation
Uefi System Utilities (Storage Configuration)
Up To 238 Physical Drives
Up To 64 Logical Drives
HPE SSD Smart Path
Rapid Parity Initialization (Rpi)
Performance Optimization-Degraded Reads And Read Coalescing
Seamless Upgrades From Hpe Smart Array S-Class And E-Class Controllers
Expansion / Connectivity
Interfaces: 2 x SATA 6Gb/s / SAS 12Gb/s (internal)
Compliant Standards: FIPS 140-2 Level 1
Software / System Requirements
OS Required: Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Oracle Solaris, Citrix XenServer, Oracle Linux, ClearOS, VMware vSphere (ESXi), Microsoft Windows Hyper-V Server
HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL360 Gen10, DL360 Gen10 Base, DL360 Gen10 Entry, DL360 Gen10 High Performance, DL360 Gen10 Low, DL360 Gen10 Performance, DL380 Gen10, DL380 Gen10 Base, DL380 Gen10 Entry, DL380 Gen10 High Performance, DL380 Gen10 Performance Servers
HPE ProLiant XL Series: XL450 Gen10 Server
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 836260-001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.