Product overview of AH627A HPE Storageworks
The AH627A HPE Storageworks Dual Channel PCI-Express X4 Ultra320e LVD SCSI Host Bus Adapter is a device used in computer systems to connect to storage devices, such as hard drives or tape drives. In this article, we will go into detail about the features and benefits of this adapter, as well as how it works and what it is used for.
The AH627A HPE Storageworks Dual Channel PCI-Express X4 Ultra320e LVD SCSI Host Bus Adapter has several features that make it a valuable addition to any computer system. Firstly, it is a dual-channel adapter, meaning that it can connect to two SCSI devices simultaneously. This is useful in situations where multiple storage devices are required, such as in a server system.
Secondly, the adapter uses the PCI-Express X4 interface, which provides faster data transfer rates than older interfaces such as PCI or PCI-X. This means that data can be transferred between the computer and storage devices more quickly, improving system performance and reducing the time it takes to access files.
The adapter also uses the Ultra320e SCSI interface, which provides high-speed data transfer rates of up to 320MB/s. This is much faster than the older Ultra160 SCSI interface, which had a maximum data transfer rate of 160MB/s.
Finally, the adapter uses Low Voltage Differential (LVD) signaling, which provides better signal integrity and noise reduction compared to older Single Ended (SE) signaling. This means that data can be transmitted more reliably over longer distances, making it suitable for use in large-scale storage systems.
The AH627A HPE Storageworks Dual Channel PCI-Express X4 Ultra320e LVD SCSI Host Bus Adapter provides several benefits to computer systems. Firstly, its high-speed data transfer rates mean that files can be accessed more quickly, improving system performance and reducing the time it takes to complete tasks.
Secondly, its dual-channel design means that multiple storage devices can be connected to the system, increasing storage capacity and providing redundancy in case of drive failure.
The use of the PCI-Express X4 interface also means that the adapter can be used in modern computer systems that do not have legacy interfaces such as PCI or PCI-X.
Finally, the use of LVD signaling provides better signal integrity and noise reduction, making it suitable for use in large-scale storage systems where data must be transmitted over long distances.
The AH627A HPE Storageworks Dual Channel PCI-Express X4 Ultra320e LVD SCSI Host Bus Adapter works by connecting to the computer's PCI-Express bus and providing two Ultra320e SCSI interfaces for connecting to storage devices.
When data is requested by the computer, the adapter retrieves the data from the storage device and sends it back to the computer via the PCI-Express bus. The use of LVD signaling ensures that the data is transmitted reliably and without errors, even over long distances.
The adapter also includes drivers and firmware that allow it to communicate with the computer's operating system and provide advanced features such as RAID support and device management.
The AH627A HPE Storageworks Dual Channel PCI-Express X4 Ultra320e LVD SCSI Host Bus Adapter is suitable for use in a wide range of computer systems, from desktop workstations to large-scale server systems.
It is particularly useful in situations where high-speed data transfer rates are required, such as in video editing or other multimedia applications. It is also useful in situations where multiple storage devices are required, such as in server systems that require large amounts of storage capacity.
In Summary, The AH627A HPE Storageworks Dual Channel PCI-Express X4 Ultra320e LVD SCSI Host Bus Adapter is
Product Information about the HPE AH627A
- Manufacturer Name: HPE
- Model Number or SKU# AH627A
- Type: Controller
- Controller Type: Dual Channel
- Host Bus: PCIE x4
- Interface: Ultra320 SCSI
- Data Transfer Rate: 320 MBPS
- Supported Devices: Tape drive
Dimensions & Weight
- Depth: 6.6 in
- Height: 2.7 in
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces: 2 x Ultra320 SCSI (LVD) - 68 pin VHDCI (mini-Centronics) (external)
- Compatible Slots: 1 x PCI Express x4
Software / System Requirements
- OS Required: Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 3, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 4, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL120 G7, DL120 G7 Base, DL120 G7 Entry, DL120 G7 Performance, DL160 G6, DL160 G6 Special Server, DL165 G5 Special Server, DL165 G6, DL165 G7, DL165 G7 Base, DL165 G7 Performance, DL165 G7 Special Server, DL170h G6, DL180 G6, DL180 G6 Special Server, DL185 G5 Special Server, DL320 G5p, DL320 G6, DL320 G6 Entry, DL320 G6 High Efficiency, DL320 G6 Performance, DL360 G6, DL360 G6 Base, DL360 G6 Efficiency, DL360 G6 Entry, DL360 G6 Performance, DL360 G7, DL360 G7 Base, DL360 G7 Central Management Server, DL360 G7 Efficiency, DL360 G7 Entry, DL360 G7 Performance, DL360 G7 Special Server, DL365 G5 Base, DL365 G5 Entry, DL365 G5 High Efficiency, DL365 G5 Performance, DL370 G6,
- DL370 G6 Base, DL370 G6 High Performance, DL370 G6 Performance, DL380 G6, DL380 G6 Base, DL380 G6 High Efficiency, DL380 G6 Performance, DL380 G7, DL380 G7 Base, DL380 G7 Entry, DL380 G7 Performance, DL380 G7 Special Server, DL385 G5, DL385 G5 Base, DL385 G5 Entry, DL385 G5 Performance, DL385 G5p Base, DL385 G5p High Performance, DL385 G7, DL385 G7 Base, DL385 G7 Entry, DL385 G7 HE, DL385 G7 Performance, DL580 G5 Highly Serviceable Tower, DL580 G7, DL580 G7 Base, DL580 G7 High Performance, DL585 G6, DL585 G6 Base, DL585 G7, DL585 G7 Base, DL585 G7 Performance, DL980 G7
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML110 G6, ML110 G7, ML150 G6, ML330 G6, ML330 G6 Base, ML330 G6 Entry, ML350 G6, ML350 G6 Base, ML350 G6 Performance, ML350 G6 Special Server, ML370 G6, ML370 G6 Base, ML370 G6 Entry
- HPE ProLiant SL Series: SL160s G6, SL160z G6, SL165z G7, SL170z G6, SL2x170z G6
- HPE StorageWorks MSL2024 Ultrium 1760, MSL2024 Ultrium 1840, MSL4048 Ultrium 1760, MSL4048 Ultrium 1840, MSL8096 Ultrium 1840 HPE StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader Ultrium 1760, Ultrium 920 HPE StorageWorks Network Storage Gateway X3400 G2, X3800 G2 HPE StorageWorks Network Storage System X1400 G2, X1500 G2, X1600 G2, X1800 G2 HPE StorageWorks Rack-Mount Kit Ultrium 920 Drive HPE StorageWorks Ultrium 1760
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.