ECC and Error Correction Capabilities
ECC (Error Correction Code) is a technique that enables the detection and correction of errors in data storage or transmission. ECC uses mathematical algorithms to verify the accuracy of data and correct any errors that it finds.
In the context of a hard drive, ECC helps to ensure that the data stored on the disk is accurate and reliable. When data is written to a hard drive, it is divided into small sections called sectors. Each sector has a unique identifier that can be used to detect errors. ECC algorithms are used to check the data in each sector and correct any errors that are found.
Hard drives with ECC capabilities are less likely to experience data corruption, which can lead to data loss or system crashes. This is particularly important in enterprise environments where data reliability is crucial. ECC also helps to improve overall system performance by reducing the number of errors that need to be retransmitted, which can slow down data transfer rates.
SAS Interface and Its Advantages
SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) is a type of interface used to connect storage devices like hard drives and solid-state drives (SSDs) to a computer or server. SAS is a high-performance interface that provides fast data transfer rates and supports multiple devices on a single interface. Some of the advantages of SAS interface include:
- High Performance: SAS provides faster data transfer rates than SATA and is ideal for high-performance applications like servers, workstations, and enterprise storage systems.
- Scalability: SAS supports up to 65,536 devices on a single interface, making it highly scalable and flexible.
- Hot Swapping: SAS supports hot-swapping, which allows you to replace or add drives without shutting down the system.
- Multiple Lane Support: SAS supports multiple lanes for faster data transfer rates and can be used with multi-lane SAS controllers for even higher performance.
- Error Detection and Correction: SAS includes error detection and correction capabilities, which help to ensure data integrity and reliability.
- Dual Port Connectivity: SAS drives can be configured with dual port connectivity, which provides redundancy and failover capabilities for mission-critical applications.
- Backward Compatibility: SAS is backward compatible with SATA, which means that SAS controllers can support both SAS and SATA drives.
- Longer Cable Length: SAS supports longer cable lengths than SATA, which makes it ideal for use in large storage systems.
- Enhanced Reliability: SAS drives are designed for use in high-availability systems and include features like advanced error recovery and enhanced reliability.
- Wide Compatibility: SAS is widely used in enterprise storage systems, servers, and workstations, and is supported by most operating systems and storage software.
Dual Port Configuration and Its Advantages
A dual port configuration refers to a hard drive that has two separate SAS ports, allowing for redundant connections to a server or storage system. Some subheadings related to the advantages of a dual port configuration for the HPE DG0300BAMYR hard drive could include:
- Redundancy and failover protection
- Improved data availability
- Increased throughput and bandwidth
- Load balancing capabilities
- Simplified cable management
- Flexibility for storage system design
- Improved performance and reliability
- Reduced downtime and maintenance costs
- Improved storage system scalability
- Better integration with clustering technologies
- Enhanced high availability capabilities
- Easier storage migration and data replication
- Improved disaster recovery capabilities
- Improved virtualization support
- Enhanced storage resource management.
- Manufacturer : Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- MPN: DG0300BAMYR
- Option Part Number: 492620-B21
- Spare Part Number: 493083-001
- Model Number: DG0300BAMYR
- Assembly Part Number: 507605-002
- SKU: DG0300BAMYR
- Type: Internal Hard Drive (HDD)
- HDD Type: SAS-3GBPS
- Capacity: 300 GB
- Form Factor: 2.5 inch
- Spindle Speed: 10000 RPM
- Buffer: 16 MB
- External Data Transfer Rate: 300 MBps
- Drive Technology (Fill): Air
- Carrier Type: Standard Carrier
- Bundled with: HPE Standard Drive Carrier
- Dimension and Weight
- Width : 2.8 Inch
- Depth : 3.9 Inch
- Height : 0.6 Inch
- Weight : 0.50 lbs
- Min Operating Temperature: 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 95 °F
- HP ProLiant BL Series: BL20p (G4) BL45p (G2) BL460c (G6 G7) BL465c (G1 G5 G6 G7) BL480c (BL620c G7)
- HP ProLiant BL Series: BL680c (G5 G6 G7) BL685c (G6 G7) WS460c (G6 G7)
- HP ProLiant DL Series: DL1000 DL120 (G6 G7) DL160 (G6 G7) DL160se (G6 G7) DL165 (G6 G7) DL170e (G6 G7)
- HP ProLiant DL Series: DL170h (G6 G7) DL180 (G6 G7) DL320 (G6 G7) DL360 (G4p G5 G6 G7) DL365 (G1 G5 G6 G7)
- HP ProLiant DL Series: DL370 (G6 G7) DL380 (G4 G5 G6 G7) DL385 (G1 G2 G3 G4 G5/G5p G6 G7)
- HP ProLiant DL Series: DL580 (G3 G4 G5 G6 G7) DL585 (G2 G3 G4 G6 G7) DL785 (G6)
- HP ProLiant ML Series: ML 110 (G7) ML350 (G5 G6 G7) ML370 (G5 G6 G7) ML570 (G3 G4 G5)
- HP ProLiant SL Series: SL390s (G6 G7)
- HP Storage arrays: D2700 MSA 1040 MSA70 P2000 (G3) X1500 (G2) X16000 (G2) X1800 (G2) X3400 (G2)
- HP Storage arrays: X3800 (G2) 2000i (G2) 2000sa (G2)
About Refurbished Products
Serial attached SCSI SAS 3gbps hard drives are commonly used in servers and bring with them immense benefits. However, choosing the right hard drive is very important depending on your projects. Avoid putting greater emphasis on the pricing of the hard drives, since it may lead to a complete disaster.
The preserve of the SAS 3Gbps HDD is in servers and high-end workstations where speed considerations are most important. The hard drives are available as 3.5-inch form factor and 2.5-inch form factor depending on your specific applications. These HDDs will process data and complete reads/writes faster than SATA drives – actually, it takes just a fraction of the time. It makes them ideal for enterprise applications since they perform efficiently, faster, and under rigorous conditions. The faster throughput is the idea behind getting SAS hard drives for your applications, seeing that the latest SAS 12Gbps hard disks are super-fast and incorporate RAID hardware controllers.
The throughput of a SAS 3Gbps disk drive is rated at 300 MB/s. Bandwidth typically represents the theoretical maximum level of data that passes through a channel. On the other hand, throughput is the actual measure of how much data actually travels through the channel successfully. Therefore, bandwidth is a theoretical value whereas throughout is the real value.
The key features and capabilities of the popular SAS 3Gbps HDDs are:
- Performance – You will benefit from performance levels that reach 3Gbps (300MB/s throughout), full-duplex transmissions, wide ports for aggregated bandwidth, advanced command queuing, and port aggregation.
- Flexibility – the flexibility of the SAS 3Gbps lies in physical and software compatibility on SATA drives as well as backward compatibility with SCSI software.
- Scalability – you cannot go wrong with the broad address range allowing connection to physical devices and external storage systems using the long cables and small connectors.
- Reliability and availability – you can achieve point-to-point connections, redundancy paths, and dual active port support with the SAS 3Gbps drives.
We have recommended the SAS 3Gbps to a good number of clients since they are best suited for 24/7 workloads. These hard drives are best suited for servers due to the 100% duty cycle. SAS hot-swap hard drives will always win on the reliability front since they are designed to read/write data throughout the day. The SAS 3Gbps HDD cannot be compared to SATA drives commonly used for desktops that have 20-30% duty cycles. Drive speed is a major determinant of throughput and is measured in RPMs whereby SAS drives will operate at between 7200 and 15000 RPM. For better understanding, the faster a drive rotates, the higher the read/write speeds and the higher the throughput. The net effect will apply for slower drive speeds which negatively impact read/write speed and throughput.
The only downside with the SAS 3Gbps hard drives is the storage capacities available. Generally, SAS hard drive disks have a smaller storage capacity format compared to SATA drives. The common storage sizes available for SAS 3Gbps drives include 73GB-10K RPM, 146GB-15K RPM, 300GB-15000 RPM, 450GB-15K RPM, 600GB-10K RPM, 1TB1TB-7.2K RPM, and 2TB-7.2K RPM which are ideal for servers and high-end machines used for production content.
SAS cables are required for connection and feature a continuous connector for both power and data. The SAS cable cannot be used to connect SATA controllers using a SATA connector since they carry higher power voltages. A distinctive feature of the SAS cables is that they are more than 30-feet in length compared to SATA cables that can only reach a maximum of 3-feet in length. However, it is possible to connect a SAS drive to a SATA controller using a continuous/SAS connector.
We have different specifications of the SAS 3Gbps hard drive which are ideal for high-performance applications and for highly virtualized environments that typically handle critical applications and high volumes of users.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.