Leading Storage Systems
Leading storage systems refer to the most widely used and highly regarded storage solutions available in the market. These systems are known for their high performance, scalability, reliability, and robust data management features. Some examples of leading storage systems include:
- NetApp - A data management solution that offers high-performance storage, data protection, and disaster recovery.
- Dell EMC - A leader in data storage, backup, and recovery solutions, with a wide range of products and services to meet different business requirements.
- IBM Storage - A comprehensive suite of storage solutions for data protection, retention, and archiving, with a focus on security, efficiency, and scalability.
- HPE Storage - A range of storage solutions that provide high performance, scalability, and efficiency, with a focus on data management, data protection, and disaster recovery.
- Hitachi Vantara - A data management company that offers a range of storage solutions, including high-performance storage arrays, cloud-based data management, and data protection services.
These leading storage systems are known for their ability to handle large amounts of data, while providing robust data protection and recovery capabilities. They are also scalable and flexible, allowing businesses to adapt to changing requirements as they grow.
"StoreFabric Solutions" refers to a range of products and technologies offered by HPE (Hewlett Packard Enterprise) for storage area network (SAN) applications. StoreFabric solutions are designed to provide high-performance, scalable, and reliable network connectivity for storage systems.
The following are some of the key features and benefits of StoreFabric solutions:
- High-Performance Connectivity: StoreFabric solutions provide fast and reliable connectivity between servers and storage systems, enabling organizations to effectively manage large amounts of data.
- Scalability: StoreFabric solutions can be easily scaled to meet the growing demands of organizations as their storage needs increase.
- Reliability: StoreFabric solutions are designed to provide highly available and resilient storage networks, ensuring that data is always accessible and protected.
- Simplified Management: StoreFabric solutions offer an intuitive web interface and management tools that simplify the process of configuring and managing storage networks.
- Integration with HPE ProLiant Servers: StoreFabric solutions are fully integrated with HPE ProLiant servers, providing a seamless and integrated solution for organizations.
Some of the StoreFabric products offered by HPE include:
- StoreFabric SN4000B Power Pack San Extension 42-Ports Managed Switch: This switch provides high-speed, reliable connectivity for SAN applications and is designed for easy deployment and management.
- HPE StoreFabric M-series Fibre Channel Switches: These switches provide high-speed connectivity for SAN applications and support advanced features such as virtual SANs and fabric-based management.
- HPE StoreFabric CN1200E Converged Network Adapter: This adapter provides high-speed, low-latency connectivity for both Ethernet and Fibre Channel networks, enabling organizations to converge their data and storage networks.
StoreFabric solutions are designed to help organizations effectively manage and scale their storage networks, providing fast, reliable, and secure connectivity for their storage systems.
Setting Up and Configuring
"Setting Up and Configuring" refers to the process of preparing and adjusting the HPE StoreFabric SN4000B Power Pack San Extension 42-Ports Managed Switch for use in a Storage Area Network (SAN) environment. This process typically involves the following steps:
- Physical Installation: This involves connecting the switch to power and other networking devices such as servers, storage arrays, and other switches.
- Initial Configuration: After power-on, the switch will have a default IP address, username, and password, which can be used to access the web interface or the Command Line Interface (CLI) for configuration.
- Network Configuration: This involves setting up the network parameters such as IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and VLAN information to match the existing network infrastructure.
- Zoning Configuration: Zoning is the process of grouping and isolating devices in a SAN to ensure secure and efficient communication between devices. Zoning is set up using the web interface or the CLI.
- LUN Masking Configuration: LUN (Logical Unit Number) Masking is the process of defining which servers can access specific storage devices. LUN Masking is set up using the web interface or the CLI.
- Fabric Configuration: A fabric is a group of interconnected switches that work together to manage the flow of data in a SAN. The fabric configuration sets up the switch as part of a fabric and establishes the relationships between switches.
- Testing and Verification: After configuration, it is important to test and verify the switch and its connections to ensure that it is functioning properly and meeting the desired requirements.
It is important to follow best practices and guidelines for setting up and configuring the HPE StoreFabric SN4000B Power Pack San Extension 42-Ports Managed Switch to ensure that it operates correctly and provides optimal performance.
General Information about the HPE E7Y73C
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Model Number or SKU# E7Y73C
- Device Type: Managed Switch
Technical Specifications of Ethernet Switch
- Enclosure Type: Rack-Mountable 2u
- Total Number of Ports: 42
- Ports Details: 24 X 16 GB Fibre Channel SFP+ + 16 X 10 Gigabit Ethernet / 1 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ + 2 X 40 Gigabit QSFP+
- Aggregate Bandwidth: 768 GBPS
- Fabric Latency: 700 Ns
- Capacity: Maximum Frame Size: 2112
- Jumbo Frame Support: 9000 Bytes
Protocol System & Features
- Remote Management Protocol: Snmp 1, Telnet, Snmp 3, Http, Https, Smi-S, Ssh-2
- Encryption Algorithm: Ssl, 256-Bit Aes-Gcm
- Authentication Method: Radius, Tacacs+, Ldap, Dh-Chap
- Features: IP Address Filtering, Quality Of Service (Qos), Back To Front Airflow, Registered State Change Notification (Rscn) Support, Class Of Service (Cos)
Expansion / Connectivity
- 24 X 16 GB Fibre Channel - SFP+
- 16 X Gigabit / 10Gbit LAN - SFP+
- 2 X 40gbit LAN - QSFP+
- 1 X USB 1 X Management (Gigabit LAN) - Rj-45
- 1 X Serial - Rj-45 - Management
- Power Device: Internal Power Supply - Hot-Plug
- Installed Qty : 2 (Installed) / 2 (Max)
- Power Redundancy: Yes
- Power Redundancy Scheme: 1+1
- Voltage Required: Ac 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product E7Y73C at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.