Network Security Considerations
J8705-69001 is an expansion module for the HPE ProCurve 5400zl series switch that adds 20 ports with Power over Ethernet (PoE) support. This expansion module can provide both power and data to network devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras, allowing for easy installation and management of these devices.
In terms of network security considerations, there are a few things to keep in mind when using the J8705-69001 expansion module:
- VLAN Configuration: Ensure that VLANs are properly configured to segregate network traffic and prevent unauthorized access to sensitive data.
- Access Control: Implement access control lists (ACLs) to restrict access to the network and limit the types of traffic that can traverse the network.
- PoE Protection: Implement measures to protect against power overloading and surges that can damage equipment or cause service interruptions.
- Firmware Updates: Keep the firmware on the switch and expansion module up-to-date to ensure the latest security patches and features are in place.
- Physical Security: Secure the switch and expansion module in a locked server room or data center to prevent unauthorized access and tampering.
Overview of 20-Port PoE Configuration
J8705-69001 is an expansion module designed for the HPE ProCurve 5400zl series switch. This module provides 20 additional ports that support Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology. PoE allows network devices to receive power and data over the same Ethernet cable, which simplifies installation and reduces the need for separate power supplies.
The 20 ports on this module support 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet speeds and provide up to 15.4 watts of power per port. This is known as PoE or IEEE 802.3af standard. This is suitable for powering devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and IP cameras. The module can provide up to 370 watts of total PoE power, which can be shared among the connected devices.
The expansion module is hot-swappable, meaning it can be installed or removed while the switch is still in operation without disrupting network connectivity. This feature allows for easy installation and upgrades without the need for network downtime.
The HPE ProCurve 5400zl series switch with the J8705-69001 expansion module supports advanced features such as VLANs, QoS, and link aggregation, which allow for efficient and secure network operations. The switch and module can be managed through a web-based graphical user interface (GUI) or command-line interface (CLI) for easy configuration and monitoring.
Understanding PoE (Power over Ethernet) Technology
J8705-69001 is a model number for the HPE ProCurve 5400zl Series 20 Ports 10/100/1000 PoE (Power over Ethernet) Expansion Module.
The HPE ProCurve 5400zl series is a modular switch that allows you to add expansion modules to increase the number of ports available on the switch. The J8705-69001 expansion module provides an additional 20 ports, each of which supports data transfer at speeds of up to 10/100/1000 Mbps.
In addition to supporting data transfer, each port on the J8705-69001 expansion module also supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology. PoE allows network devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and IP cameras to receive power over the Ethernet cable that connects them to the switch. This eliminates the need for separate power cables and power outlets, which can simplify installation and reduce costs.
PoE technology works by sending power over the same wires that transmit data. The switch detects the presence of a PoE-enabled device and negotiates the power requirements with the device. The switch then supplies power to the device at the appropriate voltage and current levels.
The J8705-69001 expansion module supports the IEEE 802.3af PoE standard, which provides up to 15.4 watts of power per port. This is sufficient to power most PoE-enabled devices. However, some devices may require more power, which can be supplied using the IEEE 802.3at PoE+ standard or a proprietary PoE+ implementation.
- Manufacturer : HPE
- Model Number or SKU#J8705-69001
- Device Type : Expansion Module
- Form Factor : Plug-In Module
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Cabling Type : Ethernet 10Base-T, Ethernet 100Base-Tx, Ethernet 1000Base-T
- Data Link Protocol : Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Auxiliary Ports : 4 X Sfp (Mini-Gbic)
- Data Transfer Rate : 1 GBPS
- Features : Power Over Ethernet (Poe), Auto-Uplink (Auto Mdi/Mdi-X), Half Duplex Mode, Full Duplex Mode
- Compliant Standards : IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slots Total (Free) : 4 ( 4 ) X SFP (Mini-Gbic)
- Interfaces :
- 20 X Network / Power - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-Tx/1000Base-T - RJ-45
- Compatible Slots : 1 X Expansion Slot
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product J8705-69001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.