J8705-69001 is an expansion module designed for use with the HPE ProCurve 5400zl series of switches. This module provides 20 ports that support 10/100/1000 Ethernet connectivity with Power over Ethernet (PoE) capability.
PoE allows network devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras to be powered over the Ethernet cable, eliminating the need for a separate power source. This makes it easier to deploy these devices in locations where power outlets may not be readily available.
The J8705-69001 expansion module also comes with advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS) support, which prioritizes network traffic based on the application or service being used. This ensures that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth while non-critical applications do not disrupt the network.
In addition, the module supports Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) which allows multiple ports to be grouped together to increase bandwidth and provide redundancy in case of a port or cable failure.
Other advanced features of the J8705-69001 module include Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, which prevents network loops, and Virtual LAN (VLAN) support, which allows network administrators to segment their network into logical groups.
Benefits of PoE Technology
J8705-69001 is an expansion module for the HPE ProCurve 5400zl Series switch that adds 20 ports of 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with Power over Ethernet (PoE) support. The PoE technology allows the switch to provide power to PoE-enabled devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras over the same Ethernet cable that carries data.
The benefits of PoE technology include:
- Cost Savings: PoE eliminates the need for separate electrical cabling, power outlets, and power supplies, which can significantly reduce the installation and maintenance costs.
- Flexibility and Scalability: With PoE, devices can be easily moved or added without the need for an electrician to install new power outlets. This flexibility also enables easier scaling of network infrastructure as new devices can be added and powered easily.
- Centralized Power Management: PoE allows for centralized power management and monitoring of devices, which can enhance network security and reliability by providing greater visibility into the devices connected to the network.
- Enhanced Reliability: PoE can provide uninterruptible power to devices during power outages by using backup power sources such as a UPS (uninterruptible power supply).
- Simplified Deployment: PoE eliminates the need for multiple cables and power sources, simplifying the deployment of devices and reducing the potential for cable clutter.
The J8705-69001 HPE ProCurve 5400zl Series 10/100/1000 PoE Integrated 20 Ports Switch is a high-performance, enterprise-level switch designed for use in large networks. It is equipped with advanced technologies that enable it to deliver high-speed data transfer and power over Ethernet (PoE) capabilities.
One of the key advanced technologies in this switch is its 10/100/1000 Mbps data transfer speeds. This allows it to handle high-bandwidth applications such as video streaming and large file transfers with ease. Additionally, the switch supports a variety of network protocols, including IPv4 and IPv6, making it compatible with a wide range of devices and applications.
Another advanced technology in this switch is its PoE capabilities. It is able to provide power to connected devices through the Ethernet cable, eliminating the need for additional power sources. This makes it an ideal solution for powering devices such as IP phones and wireless access points. The switch also supports advanced PoE management features, such as real-time monitoring and power allocation, to ensure efficient use of power resources.
In addition to these features, the J8705-69001 HPE ProCurve 5400zl Series Switch also includes advanced security and management features. It supports advanced security protocols such as IEEE 802.1x and Access Control Lists (ACLs) to help protect against unauthorized access and network threats. It also includes an easy-to-use web-based management interface that allows administrators to monitor and manage the switch from anywhere on the network.
- Manufacturer : HPE
- Model Number or SKU#J8705-69001
- Device Type : Expansion Module
- Form Factor : Plug-In Module
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Cabling Type : Ethernet 10Base-T, Ethernet 100Base-Tx, Ethernet 1000Base-T
- Data Link Protocol : Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Auxiliary Ports : 4 X Sfp (Mini-Gbic)
- Data Transfer Rate : 1 GBPS
- Features : Power Over Ethernet (Poe), Auto-Uplink (Auto Mdi/Mdi-X), Half Duplex Mode, Full Duplex Mode
- Compliant Standards : IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slots Total (Free) : 4 ( 4 ) X SFP (Mini-Gbic)
- Interfaces :
- 20 X Network / Power - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-Tx/1000Base-T - RJ-45
- Compatible Slots : 1 X Expansion Slot
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product J8705-69001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.