Maximizing connectivity refers to the process of ensuring that all devices and users on a network are able to communicate with each other as efficiently and effectively as possible. This is critical for organizations that rely on their network for critical applications and services.
There are several strategies for maximizing connectivity, including:
- Network design: Network design that incorporates redundancy and resiliency can help ensure that devices and users remain connected even in the event of a network failure.
- Network hardware: High-performance network hardware, such as switches and routers, can help ensure that all devices and users are connected to the network, while also improving network performance.
- Network security: Implementing strong security measures, such as firewalls, encryption, and access control, can help protect the network from attacks and minimize the risk of network disruptions.
- Network monitoring and management: Regular monitoring and management of the network can help identify and resolve connectivity issues quickly and efficiently.
- Network virtualization: Network virtualization can help improve network scalability, flexibility, and performance, allowing organizations to quickly respond to changing network demands.
- Wireless networking: Implementing wireless networking can help organizations extend network coverage, improve network accessibility, and provide more flexible and convenient network access.
By maximizing connectivity, organizations can ensure that all devices and users on their network can communicate with each other effectively, regardless of location or network conditions. This can help improve overall network performance, increase productivity, and drive innovation.
Network flexibility refers to the ability of a network to adapt and change to meet the evolving needs of an organization. This is important because organizations often experience changes in their network requirements, such as an increase in users, new applications, or new devices.
Network flexibility is achieved through several key features, including:
- Scalability: The ability to easily add new devices or users to the network without disrupting existing services or performance.
- Virtualization: Network virtualization enables the creation of virtual networks that can be quickly deployed and scaled to meet changing network demands.
- Network management: Network management and monitoring tools provide real-time visibility into network performance and usage, allowing administrators to quickly identify and resolve issues.
- Open architecture: Open architecture allows organizations to integrate third-party devices and applications into their network, providing greater flexibility and interoperability.
- Wireless networking: Implementing wireless networking can provide more flexible and convenient network access, while also extending network coverage.
By providing network flexibility, organizations can ensure that their network infrastructure is able to meet changing network demands and support new business requirements, while also maintaining high levels of performance, security, and reliability.
Scalable Networking Solutions
Scalable networking solutions refer to network architecture and technology that can be easily expanded and adapted to meet changing network demands. This is important for organizations as their network requirements can change over time due to growth, new applications, and new technologies.
Scalable networking solutions allow organizations to add new devices and users to the network without disrupting existing services or performance. They also allow organizations to quickly and efficiently respond to changing network demands and new business requirements.
Scalable networking solutions can be achieved through a combination of hardware, software, and network design. For example, network switches with a high number of ports, virtualized networks, and software-defined networking can help organizations achieve scalable network architecture.
In addition, network management and monitoring tools can provide real-time visibility into network performance and usage, allowing organizations to quickly identify and resolve issues. By implementing scalable networking solutions, organizations can ensure that their networks can handle increasing amounts of data traffic and support growing demands, while maintaining high levels of performance, security, and reliability.
General Information about the HPE JL703-61001
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# JL703-61001
- Type: Networking
- Switch Type: 16 Ports Switch
- Switching Capacity: 1.2 TBPS ¦ Latency: 1 Μs ¦ Throughput: 2 MBPS
- Capacity : Virtual Interfaces (Vlans) Per Port For 802.1q: 4094
- Jumbo Frame Support : 9kb
- Routing Protocol : Ospf, Egp, Bgp-4, Bgp, Igmpv2, Igmp, Vrrp, Pim-Sm, Static Ip Routing, Igmpv3, Gre, Ospfv3, Static Ipv4 Routing, Static Ipv6 Routing, Ecmp, Policy-Based Routing (Pbr), Mldv2, Mld, Mstp, Rstp, Stp
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp, Rmon, Snmp 3, Snmp 2c, Tftp, Ssh, Ssh-2, Cli, Sftp, Ntp, Icmp, Ipv4, Ipv6, Rstp
- Encryption Algorithm : Fips 140-2
- Authentication Method : Secure Shell (Ssh), Radius, Tacacs+, Secure Shell V.2 (Ssh2)
- Features : Flow Control, Ip-Routing, Dhcp Support, Arp Support, Vlan Support, Igmp Snooping, Port Mirroring, Manageable, Ipv6 Support, Sflow, Spanning Tree Protocol (Stp) Support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (Rstp) Support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (Mstp) Support, Access Control List (Acl) Support, Quality Of Service (Qos), Jumbo Frames Support, Mld Snooping, Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (Bfd), Uni-Directional Link Detection (Udld), Rapid Per-Vlan Spanning Tree Plus (Pvrst+), Ipv4 Support, Deficit Weighted Round Robin (Dwrr), Link Aggregation Control Protocol (Lacp), Data Center Bridging (Dcb), Fan Tray, Redundant Hot Swappable Fans, Congestion Control, Packet Storm Protection, Strict Priority (Sp), Loopback, Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (Msdp), Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (Erps), Macsec Support, Vxlan Tunnel Endpoints (Vtep) Support, Explicit Congestion Notification (Ecn), Bridge Protocol Data Unit (Bpdu), Internet Control Message Protocol (Icmp), 32mb Packet Buffer, Virtual Extensible Lan (Vxlan), Link Aggregation, Fast Leave, User Datagram Protocol (Udp), Protocol Independent Multicast (Pim), Cisco Ios Ip Service-Level Agreements (Ipsla), Rapid Reconfiguration Of Spanning Tree (Rstp), Broadcast Mode, Virtual Switch Extension (Vsx), Multicast Routing
- Compliant Standards : IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1d, IEEE 802.1q, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (Lacp), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.3ae, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1t, IEEE 802.1ab (Lldp), IEEE 802.1ak, IEEE 802.3ba, IEEE 802.1ax
- 1: 1.8 GHz
- Ram : 16 GB
- Flash Memory : 32 GB
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces : 12 X 100gbit/40gbit Lan ¦ 1 X Serial (Console) ¦ 1 X Usb-C Console ¦ 1 X Lan Rj-45 ¦ 2 X 100gbit/40gbit Lan
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.