Managed Switch Configuration
Managed Switch Configuration refers to the process of configuring the settings and parameters of a managed network switch. Managed switches are network devices that provide advanced features and functions, such as security and access control, advanced routing, and network management.
Managed switch configuration typically involves the following steps:
- Connecting to the switch: This is typically done through a console cable or over a network connection using a web browser or command-line interface (CLI).
- Configuring basic settings: This includes setting up the switch's IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway, as well as configuring the switch's management username and password.
- Configuring VLANs: VLANs (Virtual Local Area Networks) allow a switch to segment a single physical network into multiple virtual networks, improving network security and performance.
- Configuring Link Aggregation: Link aggregation (LAG) allows multiple physical links to be combined into a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and fault tolerance.
- Configuring Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): STP is a protocol used to prevent network loops, improving network stability and reliability.
- Configuring Advanced Routing: This involves configuring the switch's routing protocols, such as OSPF (Open Shortest Path First), BGP (Border Gateway Protocol), and EIGRP (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol), to dynamically discover and exchange routing information between network devices.
- Configuring Security and Access Control: This includes setting up firewalls, access control lists (ACLs), and virtual private networks (VPNs) to protect the network from unauthorized access and malicious attacks.
These are just a few examples of the many configuration tasks that can be performed on a managed switch. The specific configuration steps will vary depending on the switch's model, vendor, and software version.
GUI-Based Management Interfaces
GUI-Based Management Interfaces refer to graphical user interfaces that are used to manage and configure network devices, such as switches and routers. These interfaces provide an intuitive and user-friendly interface that makes it easier for network administrators to manage and monitor their networks. The GUI displays various network elements, such as devices, ports, and links, and allows administrators to configure various settings, such as IP addresses, VLANs, and security policies.
The GUI-based management interface provides visual representations of the network, making it easier to understand and navigate complex network configurations. Additionally, it provides various tools, such as wizards and templates, that simplify the process of configuring and deploying network devices. This can help save time and reduce the risk of configuration errors, improving the overall efficiency of network management and administration.
Switching Capabilities refer to the features and functions of a network switch that enable it to manage and control network traffic. Network switches use switching capabilities to receive, process, and forward network data between devices connected to the network.
Switching capabilities are a key component of network performance, as they determine the speed, reliability, and scalability of network operations. Some of the most important switching capabilities include:
- Speed: The speed at which a switch can forward network traffic is one of its most important capabilities. This is measured in terms of the switch's throughput, which is the amount of data that can be transmitted and received in a given period of time.
- Quality of Service (QoS): QoS refers to the ability of a switch to prioritize network traffic based on its importance. This helps ensure that critical network traffic, such as voice and video, is given priority over less critical traffic, such as email and file transfers.
- VLAN Support: VLANs (Virtual Local Area Networks) allow a switch to segment a single physical network into multiple virtual networks, improving network security and performance.
- Link Aggregation: Link aggregation (LAG) allows multiple physical links to be combined into a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and fault tolerance.
- Port Mirroring: Port mirroring allows network administrators to monitor network traffic by copying it from one port to another for analysis.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): STP is a protocol used to prevent network loops, improving network stability and reliability.
These and other switching capabilities are essential for ensuring the performance and reliability of modern networks. They allow network administrators to manage network traffic, improve network efficiency, and reduce the cost and complexity of network management.
General Information about the HPE JL724A
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# JL724A
- Type: Networking
- Switch-Type: 28 Ports Switch
- Enclosure Type : Rack-mountable 1u
- Subtype : 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Ports : 24 X 10/100/1000 (poe+) + 4 X 1 Gigabit / 10 Gigabit Sfp+
- Switching Capacity: 128 GBPS
- Throughput: 95.2 Mpps
- Latency (1 Gbps): 2.28 ΜS
- Latency (10 Gbps): 1.46 Μs
- Processor : 1 X Arm Cortex-a72: 1.8 Ghz
- 24 X 10/100/1000 Base-t Rj-45
- 4 X 1/10gbit Lan Sfp+
- Voltage Required : Ac 120/230 V
- Power Consumption Operational : 59 Watt
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product JL724A at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.