Power over Ethernet (PoE) Technology
Power over Ethernet (PoE) is a technology that allows electrical power to be transmitted over Ethernet cables, along with data. This eliminates the need for separate power cables and outlets, making it easier and more convenient to install and power network devices such as access points, IP phones, and security cameras.
In the case of the HPE Aruba 6200F Switch (JL725A#ABA), the switch supports Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) technology, which provides up to 30 watts of power per port. This allows the switch to power high-power devices that require more than the standard 15.4 watts of power provided by traditional PoE.
PoE technology provides several benefits to organizations, including:
- Increased flexibility: Devices can be placed in locations where power outlets are not available, making it easier to deploy and manage the network.
- Improved reliability: By eliminating the need for separate power cables and outlets, PoE reduces the number of points of failure in the network.
- Reduced installation costs: PoE eliminates the need for additional power cabling and outlets, reducing the cost and complexity of network installations.
The HPE Aruba 6200F Switch provides a scalable and flexible solution for organizations looking to deploy Power over Ethernet in their network. By taking advantage of PoE technology, organizations can simplify their network deployments, improve reliability, and reduce costs.
Deployment and Upgrade Options
"Deployment and Upgrade Options" refers to the various methods and strategies available for installing and upgrading the HPE Aruba 6200F Switch (JL725A#ABA). This includes considerations for both hardware and software components.
Hardware Deployment Options:
- Rack-mount: The switch can be mounted in a standard 19-inch server rack.
- Desktop: The switch can be placed on a desktop or table.
Software Deployment Options:
- Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP): This feature allows the switch to automatically configure itself when connected to the network, reducing the time and effort required for manual setup.
- Aruba AirWave: This network management platform provides a centralized management interface for monitoring and configuring multiple switches.
- Software Upgrades: The switch's firmware can be upgraded using a variety of methods, including the web interface, AirWave, or the command line interface (CLI).
- Hardware Upgrades: Depending on the specific requirements of the network, it may be necessary to upgrade the switch's hardware components. For example, adding additional SFP+ ports or increasing the number of PoE ports.
By considering the available deployment and upgrade options, organizations can plan and implement a flexible and scalable network infrastructure that meets their changing needs.
24 Gigabit Ethernet Ports
The "24 Gigabit Ethernet Ports" on the HPE Aruba 6200F Switch (JL725A#ABA) refer to 24 physical Ethernet connections that support the Gigabit Ethernet standard. Each port provides a high-speed connection that can be used to connect network devices, such as servers, workstations, or printers.
Gigabit Ethernet is a faster version of traditional Ethernet and provides a maximum data transfer rate of 1 gigabit per second (Gbps). This is significantly faster than older Ethernet standards, such as Fast Ethernet (100 Mbps), and allows for faster data transfer between devices and increased overall network performance.
The 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the HPE Aruba 6200F Switch provide a flexible and scalable solution for connecting a variety of devices to the network. Organizations can take advantage of this by adding or removing devices as needed, without having to worry about reaching the limits of the switch's connectivity capabilities.
In addition to providing fast and reliable connections, the 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the HPE Aruba 6200F Switch also offer advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS) and Link Aggregation, which allow organizations to optimize network performance and increase reliability.
General Information about the HPE JL725A#ABA
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# JL725A#ABA
- Type: Networking
- Switch-Type: 24 Ports Switch
- Enclosure Type : Rack-mountable 1u
- Subtype : 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Ports : 24 X 10/100/1000 (poe+) + 4 X 1 Gigabit / 10 Gigabit Sfp+
- Power Over Ethernet (poe): Poe+
- Poe Budget : 370 W
- Switching Capacity: 128 GBPS
- Throughput: 130.9 MPPS
- Latency (1 Gbps): 2.28 Μs
- Latency (10 Gbps): 1.46 Μs
- Throughput: 95.2 Mpps
- Power : Ac 120/230
Dimensions & Weight
- (WxDxH): 17.4 In X 12.9 In X 1.7 Inch
Expansion / Connectivity
- 24 X 10/100/1000 Base-t Rj-45 Poe+
- 4 X 1/10gbit Lan Sfp+
- Power Voltage Required : Ac 120/230 V
- Power Consumption Operational : 65 Watt
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.