Advanced Format Technology
Advanced Format Technology is a method of formatting hard drives that enables higher capacity drives with improved reliability and data integrity. Traditional hard drive formatting uses 512-byte sectors, but with the increasing demand for higher capacity drives, this method is becoming less efficient. Advanced Format Technology uses larger sector sizes, typically 4KB, to increase the amount of data that can be stored on a single track and reduce the overhead associated with small sectors.
Here are some possible subheadings related to Advanced Format Technology for hard drives:
- Basics of Advanced Format Technology
- Differences Between Traditional and Advanced Format Hard Drives
- Benefits of Advanced Format Technology
- Increased Storage Capacity and Efficiency
- Reduced Overhead and Latency
- Improved Data Integrity and Reliability
- Compatibility with Older Systems and Applications
- Alignment and Formatting Considerations for Advanced Format Drives
- Impact of Advanced Format Technology on Performance
- Advanced Format Technology in Enterprise and Data Center Environments
- Advanced Format Technology for Solid-State Drives
- Limitations and Challenges of Advanced Format Technology
- Industry Standards and Certification for Advanced Format Drives
- Choosing the Right Advanced Format Drive for Your System
- Upgrading to Advanced Format Technology for Improved Performance and Capacity.
Data Protection and Security Features
Data protection and security features are important considerations when selecting a hard drive, especially in enterprise and data center environments where data privacy and security are critical. Here are some possible subheadings related to data protection and security features for the HPE MB3000EBKAB hard drive:
- Encryption and Decryption Capabilities
- Built-in Data Encryption for Enhanced Security
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) Technology
- Advanced Encryption Standards (AES) and Encryption Key Management
- Protecting Data at Rest and in Transit
- Secure Erase and Sanitize Capabilities
- Protection Against Data Loss and Corruption
- Error Correction and Detection Technology
- RAID and Data Redundancy
- SMART Technology and Predictive Failure Analysis
- Temperature and Environment Monitoring
- Impact of Data Protection Features on Performance and Efficiency
- Compliance with Industry Standards and Regulations
- Third-Party Security Certifications and Validations
- Choosing the Right Data Protection and Security Features for Your System.
The HPE MB3000EBKAB hard drive offers several data protection and security features, such as built-in data encryption and self-encrypting drive technology, to enhance data privacy and security. Its error correction and detection technology and RAID support provide additional protection against data loss and corruption. The SMART technology and temperature and environment monitoring capabilities contribute to its reliability and predictive failure analysis. Compliance with industry standards and regulations, such as HIPAA and GDPR, is essential for data protection and security in enterprise and data center environments. The choice of data protection and security features will depend on your specific application requirements and the level of data privacy and security needed for your system.
Compatibility with HPE Server Platforms
Compatibility with HPE server platforms is an important consideration when selecting a hard drive, especially for enterprise and data center environments where hardware compatibility is critical. Here are some possible subheadings related to compatibility with HPE server platforms for the HPE MB3000EBKAB hard drive:
- HPE ProLiant Server Compatibility
- HPE Integrity Server Compatibility
- HPE BladeSystem Server Compatibility
- Compatibility with HPE Storage Arrays and Controllers
- HPE Server Platform Requirements and Certification
- Firmware Updates and Compatibility
- Impact of Compatibility on Performance and Efficiency
- Interoperability with Other Components and Systems
- HPE Server Platform Support and Services
- Choosing the Right Hard Drive for Your HPE Server Platform
- Upgrading Hard Drives on HPE Server Platforms
- Compatibility Testing and Validation
- Integration with HPE Management Tools and Software
- Impact of Compatibility on Maintenance and Support
- Industry Standards and Compliance for Server Platform Compatibility.
The HPE MB3000EBKAB hard drive is designed for compatibility with HPE server platforms, including HPE ProLiant, HPE Integrity, and HPE BladeSystem servers. Compatibility with HPE storage arrays and controllers is also important for optimal performance and efficiency. Firmware updates and compatibility must be considered when upgrading hard drives on HPE server platforms. Interoperability with other components and systems is also essential for compatibility and performance. HPE offers support and services for its server platforms and compatible hard drives, including compatibility testing and validation. Integration with HPE management tools and software is also important for monitoring and maintenance of server platforms. Overall, compatibility with HPE server platforms should be carefully considered when selecting a hard drive for enterprise and data center environments.
- Manufacturer Name: HPE
- MPN: MB3000EBKAB
- Type: Internal Hard Drive
- HDD Type: SATA-3GBPS
- Option Part Number: 628059-B21
- Spare Part Number: 628180-001
- Model Number: 638516-002
- Model Number: MB3000EBUCH
- Assembly Part Number: 614826-001
- SKU: MB3000EBKAB
- HDD Capacity: 3TB
- Form Factor: 3.5 Inch LFF
- Spindle Speed: 7200 RPM
- External Data Transfer Rate: 300 MBps
- Enclosure: Hot Swap
- Features: Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
Dimension and Weight
- Width : 4 Inch
- Depth : 5.8 Inch
- Height : 1 Inch
- Weight : 1.52 Lbs
- Seek Time: 8.1 ms (average) / 15.5 ms (max)
- Track-to-Track Seek Time: 0.5 ms
Expansion & Connectivity
- Interfaces: 1 x SATA 3 Gbps - 7 pin Serial ATA
- Compatible Bays: 3.5 inch x 1/3H
- Min Operating Temperature: 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 95 °F
- ProLiant DL Series: DL1000 DL120 (G5 G6 G7) DL140 (G3) DL145 (G3) DL160 (G5 G5p G6 G7) DL160se (G6 G7) DL165 (G5 G5p G6 G7) DL170e (G6) DL170h (G6) DL2x170h (G6) DL4x170h (G6) DL180 (G5 G6 G7) DL185 (G5) DL320 (G3 G4 G5 G5p G6 G7) DL320s DL370 (G6 G7) DL380 (G4 G5 G6 G7) DL385 (G5 G5p G6 G7) DL580 (G4 G5 G6 G7) DL585 (G2 G5 G6 G7) DL785 (G5 G6)
- ProLiant ML Series: ML110 (G7) ML150 (G5 G6 G7) ML310 (G5p) ML330 (G6) ML350 (G5 G6 G7) ML370 (G5 G6 G7)
- HPE Storage Systems: D2600 MDS600 MSA60 P4300 P4500 P4000 (G2) 60 Modular Array StoreAll 9730
- HPE StoreEasy: 1430 1440 1530 1540 1630 1640 1830 1840 5530 X1400 X1500 X1600 X1800 X3400 X3800
Serial advanced technology attachment denoted as SATA or Serial ATA, or S-ATA is a computer bus interface mostly connecting host bus adapters to mass storage devices including hard drives. It is the most commonly used technology to connect hard drives to a PC's motherboard.
There have been multiple versions of the SATA interface developed to meet the need for increased storage capacity and bandwidth. The SATA technology was first introduced in 2000 to replace ATA and PATA to provide faster data transfer rates and hot-swapping. Advanced host controller interface (AHCI) is the standard interface for SATA which supports hot swapping and native command queuing (NCQ). Hot swapping refers to the ability to replace components of a computer system without having to shut down the entire system. NCQ allows improved performance through the ability to augment the orders of implementation of reading/writing commands. That means commands will be rescheduled and permits the host to send more commands to the hard drive as it searches data for another command. The 6Gbps data transfer throughout makes it superior to previous technologies such as ATA and PATA. SATA is able to run in IDE emulation mode, but it will not support advanced features.
We have helped all our clients across the board to understand how the technology works with HDDs, SSDs, and modules by knowing the specifications of the different SATA versions. A good grasp of these versions of SATA helps in the identification of the right storage capacity options for your application.
SATA II HDD generation or SATA 2.0 of the SATA technology is part of a series of revisions that happened in 2003, 2004, and 2008 that culminated in SATA III or SATA 3.0. With every revision, there was an increase in speed and additional features that support speed and allow for reliable storage drives. However, the physical appearance of the SATA connector was not altered. SATA III is the most commonly used SATA interface and has been through five revisions from 3.1 to 3.5.
SATA II hard disk was previously referred to as SATA 3Gbps which reflected its speeds. This second generation of the SATA technology has a SATA interface with 3Gbps transfer speed and a bandwidth throughput of 300MB/s. The following are SATA II drives you can choose from depending on specific needs: 2TB-5.4K RPM, 2TB-5.9K RPM, 3TB-7.2K RPM.
Notable features of SATA II include:
- Hot plugging – refers to the ability to change a drive as the computer runs.
- Staggered Spin Up – refers to the ability to start disk drives in sequence to ensure even power load at the start of the system.
- Native command queuing – SATA 2.0 drives have an in-built algorithm that chooses the most efficient order to execute commands to improve performance and efficiency. The feature helps to reduce mechanical overhead and improve performance.
- Port multipliers – this help to connect as many as 15 drives to a SATA controller. This feature facilitates the easier building of disk enclosures using SATA drives.
- Port selectors – the feature allows the connection of two hosts to one drive. It helps create redundancy in the drive connection which is very critical in enterprise environments. That means if one of the hosts experiences failure, the second host will take over thereby ensuring continued access to storage.
All SATA generations are compatible both forward and backward. It, therefore, means that SATA II hard disk is backward compatible to function with SATA I ports. Likewise, SATA III is compatible backward to function with SATA I and SATA II ports. In backward compatibility, the maximum speed of the drive will slow down in line with the speed limitations of the port it is connected to. The same is true for lower SATA generations being compatible with higher SATA generations but are limited to their inbuilt speeds.
For users seeking greater speeds than the SATA III limits at 1.5Gbps, 3Gbps, and 6Gbps, there are M.2 and NVMe drives that offer greater performance. These drives have no limitations and will perform more efficiently and are chosen by users focused on speed and performance above everything else.
We have different motherboards with SATA connections and more particularly with SATA II connections and will come with a few SATA cables for the connections that you will use to build a new rig or do upgrades on a rig. Choose from the wide range of SATA cables dependent on what you need and especially when upgrading an older hard drive or other components on your computer. To ensure that you achieve enhanced speeds and performance, you need to buy SATA cables and adapters for compatibility. It may help to depend on your profile and budget to get the latest SATA III standard.
You can fully trust our team to walk you through the options available with SATA II technology and help you choose the best storage for your applications.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product MB3000EBKAB at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Hard Drive - SATA-II
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.