Advanced Format Technology
Advanced Format Technology (AFT) is a hard drive technology that enables higher storage capacities by increasing the sector size of the drive from 512 bytes to 4,096 bytes. A larger sector size means that more data can be stored on a single track of the hard drive, which leads to higher storage densities and increased drive capacity.
The AFT technology is also known as 4K technology because the new sector size is 4 kilobytes. AFT is implemented by the hard drive manufacturer during the drive's manufacturing process and requires the operating system and host computer to support it in order to take advantage of the higher storage capacity.
AFT can improve the performance of hard drives as well, since fewer physical sectors are required to store the same amount of data, leading to shorter seek times and faster data transfer rates. However, AFT requires software and hardware support, including an operating system that can handle 4K sectors, and a system with a disk controller that supports 4K sector drives.
Data Protection and Security Features
Sure, here are some possible subheadings to explain the data protection and security features of the HPE MB3000GBKAC 3TB hard drive:
- Encryption: The MB3000GBKAC supports AES-256 hardware encryption, which provides strong protection for data at rest. It also supports TCG Enterprise Security Subsystem Class (SSC) protocols for advanced security features.
- Secure Erase: The hard drive supports the Secure Erase feature, which allows for the complete and permanent removal of all data on the drive. This can help ensure that sensitive data does not fall into the wrong hands when the drive is being decommissioned or repurposed.
- RAID Rebuild: The hard drive has built-in error correction capabilities that can help ensure that data is not lost in the event of a drive failure. It also supports rapid RAID rebuild, which reduces the time required to restore data after a drive failure.
- S.M.A.R.T.: The MB3000GBKAC supports Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.), which allows the drive to detect potential problems and report them to the system administrator before they become serious issues.
- Data Integrity: The hard drive includes features such as cyclic redundancy check (CRC) and error correction code (ECC) that help ensure data integrity and reduce the risk of data corruption.
- Firmware Security: The hard drive includes security features that help protect against unauthorized access to the drive's firmware. This can help prevent malicious firmware updates or other attacks that could compromise the security of the drive and the data stored on it.
The data protection and security features of the HPE MB3000GBKAC hard drive can help organizations ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of their data, even in the face of potential threats or hardware failures.
Capacity and Form Factor
Capacity and Form Factor are important specifications to consider when selecting a hard drive. The capacity refers to the amount of data that can be stored on the drive, while the form factor refers to the physical dimensions and mounting specifications of the drive.
The HPE MB3000GBKAC hard drive has a capacity of 3TB, which is suitable for storing large amounts of data such as multimedia files, databases, and virtual machines. The form factor of this hard drive is 3.5 inches, which is a common size for internal hard drives used in desktop and server systems.
It is important to ensure that the form factor of the hard drive is compatible with the system in which it will be installed. Some systems may require smaller form factors, such as 2.5 inches, while others may require larger form factors, such as 3.5 inches or even 5.25 inches. In addition, the mounting specifications of the hard drive, such as the number and location of mounting holes, should be compatible with the system's drive bays.
- Manufacturer: HPE
- MPN: MB3000GBKAC
- Type : Hard Drive Hot Swap
- HDD-Type : 3TB-7.2K RPM
- SKU: MB3000GBKAC
- Option Part Number: 628061-B21
- Spare Part Number: 628182-001
- Assembly Part Number: 614827-001
- Storage Capacity: 3TB
- Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM
- Maximum External Data Transfer Rate: 768 MBPS (6 GBPS)
- Hard Drive Interface: SATA/600
- SATA Pin: 7-PIN
- Form Factor: Internal
- Drive Width: 3.5 Inch
- Hot Pluggable: Yes
Dimension and Weight
- Width : 4 Inch
- Depth : 5.8 Inch
- Height : 1 Inch
- Weight : 1.52 Lbs
Expansion & Connectivity
- Interfaces : 1 X SATA 6 GB/S
- Compatible Bays : 3.5inch LFF
- ProLiant BL Series: ProLiant BL420c (G8 G9) BL460c (G8 G9) BL465c (G8 G9)
- ProLiant DL Series: DL120 (G8 G9) DL160 (G8 G9) DL180 (G8 G9) DL320e (G8 G9) DL360e (G8 G9) DL360p (G8 G9) DL380e (G8 G9) DL380p (G8 G9)
- ProLiant ML Series: ML110 (G8 G9) ML150 (G8 G9) ML310e (G8 G9) ML350 (G8 G9) ML350e (G8 G9)
- ProLiant SL Series: SL200t (G8 G9) SL230s (G8 G9) SL250s (G8 G9) SL2500 SL4550 (G8 G9) SL4545 (G8 G9) SL454x
- HPE Storage Systems: D3600 D3700
- HPE StoreEasy: 1430 1440 1530 1540 1630 1640
When it comes to storing files and processing information, it is difficult to shove the impressive SATA hard drives aside. Although many people tend to regard hard disk drives as old technology, the new highly-performing variants have raised the bar. One of the most impressive variants is hard drives with the SATA interface and transfer speed of up to 6Gbps.
These are among the best drives to buy presently. They come with flash-speed disks that load several times faster than traditional hard drives. Another added advantage is that they come in either 2.5-inch sizes or 3.5-inch sizes. Users can find SATA 6Gbps hard drives that will nicely fit their case or enclosure.
SATA 6Gbps hard drives are designed to offer maximum performance. They connect to servers, PCs, or desktop computers via SATA 6Gbps cables. Despite their compact 2.5" to 3.5" sizes, they feature a dynamic cache of up to 64MB. Having these types of storage devices in hand will improve work efficiency and productivity.
Improved Storage Capacity and Performance
There are SATA 6Gbps hard drives that can give users a blend of HDD and SSD functionality. A device that can give a synergistic effect on both storage units will surely offer a higher level of performance. Users will find drives with traditional storage capacity up to 22TB. Most of these drives also come along with NAND technology for enhanced performance.
The read-write speed is something that will give users optimum satisfaction. With the SATA 6Gbps interface, users can expect a read speed of up to 400MB/s. Not only that, but some drives also run at up to 10000 rpm. Even at that rate, they are generally quiet, and they generate less heat.
Drives that use the SATA 6Gbps interface have been built to learn users' most used applications effectively. This engineering allows them to load those applications faster. It also helps gaming consoles to load the games initially after users have launched the game. There is everything to get excited about when it comes to these drives.
The point of the SATA 6Gbps interface is to enhance the quality of traditional mechanical hard drives. They are available at different capacity choices and RPM choices.
Reliable Data Recovery
There are possibilities of data accidents such as accidental deletion, formatting, virus attack, unexpected power shutdown, and partition loss. If such losses occur, data recovery software can easily recover the data from SATA 6Gbps hard drives. Data can be easily recovered, undelete, and unformatted from these SATA hard drives
Dynamic CacheThe dynamic cache is one of these drives most impressive features despite not being so evident to users. It improves the performance of the SATA 6Gbps drives in real time with optimized cache allocation. This function allocates more cache towards the read and writes functions. That is why users will find that read and write speeds are usually almost equal.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.