Introduction to HPE P42044-B21 Ethernet Adapter
The HPE P42044-B21 Mellanox MCX631102AS-ADAT Ethernet Adapter is a high-performance network interface card designed to provide ultra-fast connectivity to servers and storage systems. It supports both 10G and 25G Ethernet networks and provides two ports for SFP28 transceivers, making it suitable for a wide range of applications, including cloud computing, data centers, and high-performance computing.
The HPE P42044-B21 Mellanox MCX631102AS-ADAT Ethernet Adapter features several key capabilities that set it apart from other network interface cards. These include.High Performance The adapter is capable of delivering up to 50 Gb/s of bandwidth, making it ideal for bandwidth-intensive applications that require fast and reliable network connectivity.
The adapter features ultra-low latency, which is critical for real-time applications that require quick response times, such as high-frequency trading or online gaming.
The adapter supports a wide range of virtualization technologies, including VMware, KVM, and Microsoft Hyper-V. This enables administrators to create and manage virtualized environments more easily and efficiently.
The adapter can be easily scaled to meet the needs of growing networks. It supports link aggregation, which enables multiple Ethernet connections to be combined into a single logical connection for increased bandwidth.
Advanced Networking Features
The adapter also supports a wide range of advanced networking features, including Quality of Service (QoS), network virtualization, and traffic shaping. These features enable administrators to prioritize traffic, segment networks, and manage network traffic more effectively.
The HPE P42044-B21 Mellanox MCX631102AS-ADAT Ethernet Adapter is designed to work seamlessly with a wide range of servers and storage systems. It is compatible with both HPE ProLiant Gen10 and Gen9 servers, as well as HPE Synergy and Apollo servers.
Technical Specifications of HPE P42044-B21 Mellanox MCX631102AS-ADAT Ethernet AdapterThe HPE P42044-B21 Mellanox MCX631102AS-ADAT Ethernet Adapter has the following technical specifications:
- Data Rate The adapter supports data rates of up to 25 Gb/s per port.
- Connector Type The adapter features two SFP28 connectors for connecting to Ethernet networks.
- Operating Systems Support The adapter is supported by a wide range of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, VMware ESXi, and FreeBSD.
- Dimensions The adapter measures 6.6 x 2.7 x 0.7 inches and weighs 3.2 ounces.
- Power Consumption The adapter has a maximum power consumption of 8.2 watts.
Overall the HPE P42044-B21 Mellanox MCX631102AS-ADAT Ethernet Adapter is a high-performance network interface card that provides ultra-fast connectivity to servers and storage systems. It features advanced networking capabilities, low latency, and support for virtualization technologies. With its high bandwidth, low latency, and advanced features, the HPE P42044-B21 Mellanox MCX631102AS-ADAT Ethernet Adapter is an excellent choice for organizations that require fast and reliable network connectivity.
Details Information about this HPE P42044-B21
- Manufacturer : HPE
- Model Number or SKU# P42044-B21
- Product Type: Network Adapter
Key Features of 2 Ports Adapter
- Form Factor Plug-in Card
- Interface (bus) Type Pci Express 4.0 X8
- Pci Specification Revision Pcie 3.0, Pcie 4.0
- Ports Gigabit Ethernet / 10gb Ethernet / 25gb Ethernet Sfp28 X 2
- Data Link Protocol Gige, 10 Gige, 25 Gigabit Lan
- Dimensions (wxdxh) 3.8 In X 2.7 In
- Network / Transport Protocol Tcp/ip, Udp/ip, Iscsi
- Compliant Standards Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3ad (lacp), Ieee 802.3ae, Ieee 802.3ap, Ieee 802.3az, Ieee 802.1qbb, Ieee 802.1qaz, Ieee 1149.1, Ieee 802.1qbg, Ieee 1588v2, Ieee 802.3by, Ieee 1149.6, Ocp 3.0.
A network adapter also called a network interface card is a plug-in card that serves to allow computers to both transmit and receive data on a local network. It is a component of a computer's internal hardware that facilitates communication over a network.
In a more current context, network adapters will refer to an Ethernet adapter where the Ethernet circuitry is built into motherboards of the latest desktops and laptop computers. Other times, a network adapter may also refer to a wireless (Wi-Fi) adapter.
In all instances, the adapter allows a computer to connect with another computer, a server, or other networking devices through a LAN connection. The use of a network adapter is not limited to wired connections as it is used for wireless networks. The adapters for wired networks come with an RJ-45 port that may use either the twisted or untwisted pair cables for network connectivity. For the wireless adapters, the network connection is facilitated through a built-in antenna or an externally connected antenna. Both the wired and wireless network adapters support the popular LAN protocols including TCP/IP. We have 1-port, 2-port, 4-port, 6-port, 8-port, and 16-port options that support speeds of 10, 25, 40, or even 100 Gigabits.
The plug-in network interface cards (NICs) are normally used in high-performance machines especially if a faster Ethernet standard is relatively new and available but is yet to become mainstream. In fact, the major difference between network adapters lies in the network protocol it supports.
We have the different types of network adapters necessary for building computer-to-computer networks that don't have a switch or hub. All the network adapters are fairly inexpensive and readily adaptable to different applications within a network. Some of the common types available are:
Network adapters common types
- Desktop Network Interface Card: This adapter is usually connected to a PCI or PCIe slot, whichever is available on the motherboard of your desktop computer. You will need to open your computer's case and it, therefore, presents the most difficult installation method. The PCIe slot is generally found in new computers.
- PC Card or PCMCIA Card: PCMCIA is the abbreviation for Personal Computer Memory Card International Association. The name has undergone changes over time to be referred to as a PC Card or ExpressCard. For dimensions, the PC card is almost similar in size to a credit card but is significantly thicker. The PC card is connected to a PC or PCMCIA card slot in your desktop computer or laptop computer.
- USB adapter: This network adapter is typically a small device, similar to a thumb drive, with a USB interface. Installation is easy and straightforward since it is plugged into the USB port of your desktop or laptop computer or other network devices that have a USB port.
- Wireless game adapters also referred to as media adapters, are connected to older game consoles and home entertainment devices so as to act as a bridge to Wi-Fi capability. They help expand functionality on these entertainment devices through connections to the internet.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.