Overview of the HPE 45TB Bundle D3710
Sure! The HPE 45TB Bundle D3710 is an enterprise storage solution that includes 25x 1.8TB SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) hard disk drives. These drives are 2.5 inches in size, and rotate at 10,000 revolutions per minute (RPM) for fast data access. The bundle also includes a HPE Smart Array P408i-a SR Gen10 Controller, which provides RAID (redundant array of independent disks) protection for data stored on the drives.
In terms of capacity, the HPE 45TB Bundle D3710 provides a total of 45 terabytes (TB) of storage space. This makes it an ideal solution for large-scale data storage needs, such as for use in data centers or other enterprise applications.
The bundle is designed for use with HPE ProLiant servers, and can be installed internally in a server chassis or in an external storage enclosure. It supports 12Gbps SAS connectivity for fast data transfer rates, and can be configured in a variety of RAID levels for different levels of data redundancy and performance.
Performance benchmarks of the HPE 45TB Bundle D3710
Performance benchmarks are a way to measure the speed and efficiency of a storage solution like the HPE 45TB Bundle D3710. Benchmarking tests can give us an idea of how well the storage solution performs in real-world scenarios, and can help us compare it to other similar solutions.
Some of the key performance benchmarks for the HPE 45TB Bundle D3710 might include tests for sequential read and write speeds, random read and write speeds, and IOPS (input/output operations per second).
For example, in a sequential read benchmark, the HPE 45TB Bundle D3710 might be tested to see how quickly it can read large, contiguous blocks of data from the drives. In a random write benchmark, the storage solution might be tested to see how quickly it can write small, random blocks of data to the drives.
In addition to these basic benchmarks, the HPE 45TB Bundle D3710 might also be tested for performance under different workloads or with different RAID configurations. For example, the bundle might be tested to see how well it performs under heavy read/write workloads, or under different RAID levels such as RAID 0, RAID 1, or RAID 5.
Installation and setup
The installation and setup of the HPE 45TB Bundle D3710 can vary depending on the specific configuration and hardware used, but here are some general steps that might be involved:
- Check system compatibility: Before installing the HPE 45TB Bundle D3710, you should ensure that your server hardware and software are compatible with the bundle. Check the system requirements and compatibility lists provided by HPE.
- Prepare the server: If you are installing the bundle internally in a server chassis, you may need to remove any existing disk drives and prepare the drive bays. If you are installing the bundle in an external storage enclosure, make sure the enclosure is compatible with your server and connect it to the server using SAS cables.
- Install the drives: Insert the 25 SAS hard disk drives included in the bundle into the drive bays. Make sure they are securely seated and connected to the SAS backplane.
- Install the controller: Install the HPE Smart Array P408i-a SR Gen10 Controller in the server if it is not already installed. Connect the controller to the SAS backplane using SAS cables.
- Configure the RAID: Use the HPE Smart Storage Administrator or other management tools to configure the RAID level and other settings for the drives. The bundle supports a variety of RAID levels including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60.
- Initialize and format the drives: Once the RAID configuration is complete, initialize and format the drives as needed for your operating system and applications.
- Test the configuration: Test the configuration to ensure that the drives are recognized by the server and that data can be written and read from them. Run any additional performance tests or benchmarks as needed.
These steps are a general guide and may need to be adapted for your specific configuration and needs. It's always a good idea to consult the HPE documentation and support resources for detailed installation and setup instructions.
- Manufacturer : Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- MPN : Q1J18A
- Type : Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- SSD Type : SAS 12GBPS
- SKU: Q1J18A
- Capacity: 25 x 1.8 TB
- Interface Type: SAS 12GB/S
- Spindle Speed: 10000 RPM
- Features: Enterprise
- Device Type: Storage enclosure
- Enclosure Type: Rack-mountable - 2U
- Installed Devices / Modules Qty: 25
- Supported Devices / Modules Qty: 25
- Supported Drives: SATA-600 / SAS-3
- Min Operating Temperature: 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 10 - 90%
- Sound Emission: 53 dBA
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Bays: 25 (Total) / 0 (Free) x Hot-Swap - 2.5inch SFF
- Features: Redundant Fans, Firmware Upgradable, 92% Efficiency Power Supply
- Cables Included: 2 x mini SAS HD cable - 1.6 ft
- Included Accessories: Rack Mounting Kit, 2 x PDU Interconnect Cords
- Power Device: 2 x Internal Power Supply - Hot-Plug
- Max Supported Qty: 2
- Power Redundancy: Yes
- Power Redundancy Scheme: 1+1
- Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V - 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption Operational: 403 Watt
- Power Provided: 460 Watt
- 80 PLUS Certification: 80 PLUS Gold
About Refurbished Products
HPE MSA Storage
Most small data centers desire entry-priced array storage solutions. To achieve high storage and performance efficiency, choosing the right HPE MSA storage Hard Drive is critical.
HPE MSA 2050 SAN Storage has no doubt continued to be the industry's leading entry storage.
Another entry-priced array solution is HPE MSA 1040 Storage. They come with a Data-in-Place upgrade which eliminates data migration errors.
We shall guide you in selecting the right storage Hard Drive for your business or data center.
Factors To Consider When Choosing HPE MSA Storage Hard Drive
The selection of Hard Drives for your MSA storage is determined by your server's workload, Hard Drive Speed, and storage.
1. Workload Requirement
If your server tasks involve a lot of sequential tasks, you can go for either Enterprise SAS Hard drives or SAS MDL HDD.
For standard random workloads that call for more disk-reading time, SAS Enterprise Hard drives will serve you better.
However, where high-level performance is required, Solid-State Disks (SSDs) should be your ultimate choice.
2. MSA Storage Hard Drive Speed
Apart from Disk Type, the performance of your HPE MSA Storage Hard Drives is determined by the speed which refers to the disk's rotation per minute (RPM).
Therefore, the higher your HDD speed, the faster files can be accessed by users. This is critical especially for shared storage.
For high-performance requirements with superior data access, MSA Storage Hard Drives with hot-swap such as 900GB-10K RPM or 600GB-15K RPM are recommended.
For standard storage requirements where extreme performance is not a major concern, HPE MSA storage Hard Disks with 7.2K RPM will be perfect.
Some of the MSA storage HDD that will effectively fulfill your basic standard storage requirements include:
1) 1TB-7.2K RPM
2) 2TB-7.2K RPM
3) 3TB-7.2K RPM
4) 4TB-7.2K RPM
3. Storage Requirements
This is determined by your current, or future storage requirements, as well as your budget.
Drive capacity is also significant based on your planned RAIDS configurations. You can choose single MSA storage Hard drives with various capacities that suit your needs.
If, however, you require more storage, consider investing in suitable HDD bundles. They come in different brands and capacities for your perfect selection.
4. Connection Interface | Technology
If you're using a modern or previous generation of MSA storage array, your selected Hard Disk must be compatible.
For instance, for HPE MSA 2050 Array will work with SAS Enterprise Hard Drives or Solid-State Drives (SDDs).
Modern HPE SMA Storage Enclosures come with an advanced SAS interface for guaranteed high performance and configuration flexibility.
Therefore, HPE MSA storage Hard Disks Drives with SAS interfaces are the most recommended.
Fortunately, current controllers support SATA and SAS interfaces.
It's, however, important to note that HPE MSA 2040 Array enclosure does not support LFF SATA Hard Disk Drives.ALLHDD offers a wide selection of high-quality and affordable HPE MSA storage hard drives. Shop Now for the best deals with amazing customer support.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.