Product overview of the IBM 00Y3254
The 00Y3254 IBM Cisco Catalyst 3110G Switch is a high-performance network device designed to provide fast and reliable connectivity to a network. It is a managed plug-in module that is designed to be used with IBM BladeCenter and IBM System x servers. This article will explain in detail the features and benefits of the 00Y3254 IBM Cisco Catalyst 3110G Switch.
The 00Y3254 IBM Cisco Catalyst 3110G Switch is a high-performance network device that provides fast and reliable connectivity to a network. It has 14 ports, which allows for multiple devices to be connected to the network. The switch is designed to handle the increased traffic and bandwidth requirements of modern applications and devices.
The 00Y3254 IBM Cisco Catalyst 3110G Switch is a managed switch, which means it can be configured and managed to meet the specific needs of a business. The switch supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), which allows for remote management and monitoring of the network. This makes it easier for businesses to manage their network and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Plug-in Module: The 00Y3254 IBM Cisco Catalyst 3110G Switch is a plug-in module, which means it can be easily inserted into an IBM BladeCenter or IBM System x server. This eliminates the need for additional rack space and makes it easier to manage the network. The switch is also hot-swappable, which means it can be replaced without having to power down the server or the network.
The 00Y3254 IBM Cisco Catalyst 3110G Switch comes with advanced security features to help protect the network from unauthorized access and attacks. The switch supports 802.1X authentication, MAC address filtering, and Access Control Lists (ACLs), which can be used to control traffic flow and prevent unauthorized access. This ensures that the network is secure and protected from potential threats.
Fast and Reliable Connectivity
The 00Y3254 IBM Cisco Catalyst 3110G Switch provides fast and reliable connectivity to the network. The Gigabit Ethernet ports provide fast data transfer rates of up to 1 Gbps, while the 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports provide even faster data transfer rates of up to 10 Gbps. This ensures that the network can handle the increased traffic and bandwidth requirements of modern applications and devices.
Uses of the 00Y3254 IBM Cisco Catalyst 3110G Switch:
The 00Y3254 IBM Cisco Catalyst 3110G Switch is ideal for businesses that require a reliable and scalable network solution. It can be used in a variety of settings, including:
- Data Centers: The switch can be used in data centers to connect multiple servers and devices. It provides fast and reliable connectivity, which ensures that the network can handle the increased traffic and bandwidth requirements of modern applications and devices.
- Virtualized Environments: The switch can be used in virtualized environments to connect multiple virtual machines (VMs) to the network. This provides fast and reliable connectivity between VMs, which improves the performance of the network.
- Cloud Computing: The switch can be used in cloud computing environments to connect multiple servers and devices to the network. It provides fast and reliable connectivity, which ensures that the network can handle the increased traffic and bandwidth requirements of cloud-based applications and services.
Overall, the 00Y3254 IBM Cisco Catalyst 3110G Switch is a high-performance network device that provides fast and reliable connectivity to a network. It is a managed plug-in module that can be easily inserted into an IBM BladeCenter or IBM System x server.
Main Information about the L3 Switch
- Manufacturer: IBM
- Part Number or SKU# 00Y3254
- Product Type: Layer 3 Switch
- Total Number of Ports: 14
- Enclosure Type: Plug-In Module
- Routing Protocol: Rip-1, Rip-2, Static Ip Routing
- Remote Management Protocol: Snmp 1, Rmon 1, Rmon 2, Telnet, Snmp 3, Snmp 2c, Http, Ssh
- Encryption Algorithm: Ssl
- Authentication Method : Secure Shell (Ssh), Radius, Tacacs+
- Full Duplex Capability, Routing, Layer 3 Switching, Layer 2 Switching, Auto-SENSING PER Device, Dhcp Support, Arp Support, Vlan Support, Ipv6 Support, Dynamic Trunking Protocol (Dtp) Support, Port Aggregation Protocol (Pagp) Support, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (Tftp) Support, Access Control List (Acl) Support, Quality Of Service (Qos), Cisco Stackwise Technology, Uni-Directional Link Detection (Udld), Ipv4 Support, Lldp Support
- Compliant Standards: Ieee 802.2, Ieee 802.3, Ieee 802.3u, Ieee 802.3z, Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.3ab, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3x, Ieee 802.3ad (Lacp), Ieee 802.1w, Ieee 802.1x, Ieee 802.3ae, Ieee 802.1s
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces: Network: 14 X Ethernet 1000 - Backplane
- 4 X 10base-T/100base-Tx/1000base-T - Rj-45
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.