Advanced Security Features
The Cisco IE-2000-16PTCGE 16-Ports Twisted Pair 10/100Base-TX Manageable Layer 2 Rail-Mountable Ethernet Switch provides advanced security features to protect the network. Some of the security features offered by the switch include:
- Access Control List (ACL): Restricts access to the network based on predefined rules.
- Port Security: Limits the number of MAC addresses that can be learned on a port.
- 802.1X Authentication: Provides secure authentication for network access through the use of a RADIUS server.
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Snooping: Protects the network against rogue DHCP servers.
- VLAN (Virtual LAN) Support: Segments the network into multiple virtual networks to increase security.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) Protection: Prevents network loops and ensures a loop-free topology.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) Support: Improves network reliability by allowing multiple physical links to be bundled together.
- Quality of Service (QoS): Prioritizes network traffic to ensure mission-critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Broadcast Storm Control: Prevents the network from being overwhelmed by broadcast traffic.
These advanced security features allow organizations to secure their network and prevent unauthorized access and malicious attacks.
Troubleshooting and Monitoring Capabilities
The Cisco IE-2000-16PTCGE is a 16-port Twisted Pair 10/100Base-TX manageable Layer 2 Ethernet switch designed for industrial environments. The switch provides troubleshooting and monitoring capabilities to help network administrators quickly identify and resolve issues with the network. The switch provides various tools to monitor and diagnose network issues, including:
- Link status detection - The switch constantly monitors the link status of its ports and alerts administrators of any issues.
- Port mirroring - Allows administrators to monitor network traffic by copying the traffic from one port to another for analysis.
- SNMP - Provides network administrators with real-time information on network performance and status through Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
- Syslog - Allows administrators to capture, store, and analyze system log messages generated by the switch to troubleshoot issues.
- Cisco IOS Software - The switch runs on the industry-leading Cisco IOS Software, which provides robust monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities.
These capabilities help network administrators proactively identify and resolve issues with the network, ensuring reliable and efficient network operations.
Remote Management and Access
The IE-2000-16PTCGE is a Cisco managed Ethernet switch that has 16 twisted-pair ports. These ports support 10/100Base-TX speeds, which means they can transmit data at a maximum rate of 100Mbps. The switch is Layer 2, which means it can perform operations such as filtering and forwarding packets based on their MAC addresses. It is rail-mountable, which means it can be mounted on a rail or rack for easy installation in a server room or other professional setting.
The switch is manageable, which means it can be configured and monitored remotely. It has built-in web-based management tools, and it can also be managed through command-line interface (CLI) using a serial console or Telnet/SSH. This allows network administrators to easily set up and maintain the switch, even from a remote location. Additionally, the switch supports Access control List (ACL) for security.
Key Feature about this Cisco IE-2000-16PTCGE
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# IE-2000-16PTCGE
- Product Type Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports of Cisco 16 Ports Switch
- Total Number of Network : 16 Ports
- Modular No
- Stack Port No
- Port/Expansion Slot Details : 16 x Fast Ethernet Network , 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot , 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Uplink
I/O Expansions of Cisco Ethernet Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots : 2
- Expansion Slot Type : SFP
- Shared SFP Slot : Yes
- Number of SFP Slots : 2
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported : 2
Media & Performance
- Media Type Supported : Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology : Fast Ethernet , Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology : 10/100Base-TX , 10/100/1000Base-T
Dimension and Weight
- Form Factor Rail-mountable
- Height 5.1 Inch
- Width 5 Inch
- Depth 5.3 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 4.35 lbs
Management & Protocols
- Manageable : Yes
- Power Source : Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Supported : Yes
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product IE-2000-16PTCGE at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.