Product Overview of the Cisco IE-3300-8P2S-A 10 Ports Managed Switch
The Cisco IE-3300-8P2S-A is a member of the Catalyst IE3300 series, a family of rugged managed switches tailored for industrial networking. These switches are built to operate in harsh environments, where traditional networking equipment might not survive. The IE-3300-8P2S-A, in particular, is a versatile device that combines multiple features to address the unique demands of industrial settings. Cisco, a global technology leader, has been at the forefront of providing networking solutions for decades. The Cisco Catalyst IE3300 series is a rugged managed switch designed to meet the demanding requirements of industrial environments.
The switch features ten Ethernet ports, which can be used to connect various devices, such as computers, cameras, sensors, and other networking equipment. These ports enable data transmission within the network.
Power Over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) Ports
Eight of the 10 Ethernet ports are Power Over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) enabled. PoE+ allows both data and power to be transmitted over a single Ethernet cable, simplifying the deployment of devices like IP cameras, access points, and VoIP phones.
Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) Ports
In addition to the Ethernet ports, the IE-3300-8P2S-A is equipped with two Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) ports. These ports provide fiber-optic connectivity, enabling long-distance and high-speed data transmission. SFP ports are particularly useful in scenarios where copper cabling is not sufficient.
SFP ports support fiber-optic connections, allowing for high-speed data transmission over longer distances. Fiber-optic cables are immune to electromagnetic interference, making them ideal for industrial settings.
The availability of SFP ports makes it easy to expand the network by connecting to other switches or devices located far away. This flexibility is essential for large-scale industrial networks.
Fiber-optic connections can offer much higher bandwidth compared to copper, which is crucial for applications demanding fast and reliable data transmission.
Managed Switch Capabilities Remote Management and Enhanced Security
The Cisco IE-3300-8P2S-A is not just a network switch; it's a managed switch, which means it offers advanced features for network management and security.
The switch can be configured, monitored, and managed remotely. This is particularly valuable in industrial setups where physically accessing the switch may be challenging. Remote management capabilities include:
- Administrators can configure the switch settings remotely, ensuring that it operates optimally for the specific network requirements.
- The switch provides real-time information about network traffic, device status, and port activity. This data is invaluable for troubleshooting and network optimization.
- Security settings, such as access controls and authentication, can be managed remotely to protect the network from unauthorized access.
Security is paramount in industrial networks, and the IE-3300-8P2S-A offers various features to safeguard the network infrastructure:
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): ACLs allow administrators to define rules governing which devices can communicate over the network. This prevents unauthorized access and enhances network security.
- Port Security: Port security features allow administrators to limit the number of devices that can be connected to a specific port, reducing the risk of unauthorized access.
- Authentication: The switch supports authentication protocols such as 802.1x, ensuring that only authorized devices can connect to the network.
Advanced Features of Catalyst Switch
The Cisco Catalyst IE3300 Rugged 10 Ports Managed Switch (IE-3300-8P2S-A) is a rugged industrial Ethernet switch designed for use in harsh industrial environments. It features 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 2 SFP+ ports for fiber connectivity, and advanced network management capabilities. Some of its advanced features include:
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 Switching Capabilities: The IE-3300-8P2S-A supports both Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching, which allows for more advanced network segmentation and routing. This means it can handle both data link layer (MAC addresses) and network layer (IP addresses) traffic.
- IPv4 and IPv6 Support: The switch supports both IPv4 and IPv6, which allows for a smooth transition to the next generation of IP addressing and enables devices to communicate using either protocol.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports QoS, which allows for traffic prioritization. This can be used to ensure that mission-critical traffic, such as real-time industrial control data, is given priority over less critical traffic.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): LACP allows for link redundancy by bundling multiple physical links together to form a single logical link. If one link fails, traffic is automatically redirected to the remaining links in the bundle.
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF): These advanced routing protocols allow for more efficient routing of traffic within the network. EIGRP is a Cisco proprietary protocol that uses a metric based on bandwidth and delay, while OSPF is an open standard protocol that uses a metric based on cost.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The switch supports ACLs, which can be used to control access to the network based on various criteria, such as IP address, MAC address, or protocol. This can be used to provide security by preventing unauthorized access to the network.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): The switch supports SNMP, which allows for remote management of the switch. This can be used to monitor the status of the switch, configure settings, and receive alerts in case of problems.
- Cisco IOS Software Support: The IE-3300-8P2S-A runs on Cisco IOS Software, which provides advanced network management and security features. This includes support for a wide range of routing protocols, VPNs, and network security features.
Power Options and Redundancy
The Cisco Catalyst IE3300 Rugged 10 Ports Managed Switch (IE-3300-8P2S-A) has several options for power and redundancy:
- Power Options: The switch can be powered by an external power supply or through Power over Ethernet (PoE). The external power supply can be either AC or DC, and the switch can support a wide range of voltage inputs.
- Redundancy: The switch supports several redundancy options to ensure that the network stays up and running even if there is a failure:
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) allows for link redundancy by bundling multiple physical links together to form a single logical link. If one link fails, traffic is automatically redirected to the remaining links in the bundle.
- Power redundancy is supported through the use of dual power inputs. The switch can be powered by two power supplies, and if one power supply fails, the other power supply will automatically take over.
- The switch supports redundant fans to ensure that the switch remains cool and operational even if one fan fails.
- High Availability: The switch supports High Availability (HA) which offers redundancy for the control plane. This means that if the primary switch fails, the secondary switch will automatically take over and keep the network running without interruption.
- Industrial Redundancy: The switch is designed to operate in harsh industrial environments and has a rugged, industrial-grade design. It is also built to withstand extreme temperatures, vibration, and shock, which makes it suitable for use in industrial applications such as manufacturing, oil and gas, and transportation.
Quality of Service (QoS) Capabilities
The Cisco Catalyst IE3300 Rugged 10 Ports Managed Switch (IE-3300-8P2S-A) has several Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities that can be used to prioritize traffic and ensure that mission-critical traffic is given priority over less critical traffic:
- Class of Service (CoS): The switch supports CoS, which allows for traffic to be classified into different classes based on various criteria, such as IP address, MAC address, or protocol. This allows for the creation of different service levels for different types of traffic.
- Priority Queuing (PQ): The switch supports PQ, which allows for traffic to be assigned to different priority queues based on various criteria, such as IP address, MAC address, or protocol. This allows for the creation of different service levels for different types of traffic.
- Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED): The switch supports WRED, which allows for traffic to be dropped based on the level of congestion on the network. This helps to prevent network congestion and ensure that mission-critical traffic is given priority over less critical traffic.
- Traffic Shaping and Policing: The switch supports traffic shaping and policing, which allows for traffic to be rate-limited based on various criteria, such as IP address, MAC address, or protocol. This helps to prevent network congestion and ensure that mission-critical traffic is given priority over less critical traffic.
- Congestion Management: The switch supports congestion management, which allows for traffic to be rate-limited based on the level of congestion on the network. This helps to prevent network congestion and ensure that mission-critical traffic is given priority over less critical traffic.
- Quality of Service (QoS) Profiles: The switch supports QoS profiles, which allows for the creation of different service levels for different types of traffic based on a pre-defined profile.
Details Information about the Cisco IE-3300-8P2S-A
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# IE-3300-8P2S-A
- Product Type: Managed Switch
Key Feature of Managed Switch
- Enclosure Type: DIN rail mountable
- Port of Switch: 10 Ports
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE): PoE+
- PoE Budget: 360 W
- Capacity Queues: 8 IGMP multicast groups: 1000 VLAN IDs: 256 STP instances: 128
- Routing Protocol: IGMPv2, IGMP, IGMPv3
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP, SNMP 3, SSH, SCP, NTP, DHCP
- Authentication Method: RADIUS, TACACS+
- RAM: 2 GB
- Flash Memory: 1.5 GB
Expansion / Connectivity for Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- Interfaces: 10 x 10/100/1000 Base-T RJ-45 8 ports (PoE+) 2 x SFP 3 x alarm 1 x serial (RS-232) RJ-45 console 1 x console mini-USB
- Power Device: Internal power supply
- Voltage Required: DC 9.6 - 60 V (non-PoE) / 54 V (PoE+) / 48 V (PoE)
- Power Consumption: Operational 35 Watt
- Min Operating Temperature: -40 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 140 °F
- Min Storage Temperature: -40 °F
- Max Storage Temperature: 185 °F
- MTBF: 611,350 hours
- EN55024, EN 61000-6-1, EN 61000-4-4, EN 61000-4-2, EN 61000-4-3, EN 61000-4-6, ICES-003 Class A, EN 61000-4-5, EN 61000-6-2, EN 61000-4-8, IEC 60950-1, EN 61000-6-4, IEC 60068-2-30, IEC 60068-2-27, EN 61326-1, EN 61000-4-16, EN 61000-4-29, IEC 60068-2-14, IEC 60068-2-78, MIL-STD-810, EN 50121-4, IP30, VCCI Class A, CISPR 11 class A, EN 61000-4-10, EN 61000-4-18, IEC 61850-3, FCC CFR47 Part 15 B Class A, IEEE 1613, CNS 13438 Class A, EN 300 386, KN35, UL/CSA60950-1, AS/NZS CISPR 32 Class A, KN32 Class A, IEC 62368-1, IEEE 1588, EN 60068-2-52, EN 60068-2-60, UL 62368-1, EN 60079-15, IEC 60079-0, IEC 60079-15, EN 60079-0, EN 55032/CISPR 32 Class A, CISPR 35, EN 61000-4-17, UL 121201, EN 61850-3, UL/CSA 61010-2-201, IEC/EN 61010-2-201, UL/CSA 60079-0, UL/CSA 60079-15
In summary, the Cisco IE-3300-8P2S-A, a member of the Catalyst IE3300 series, is a rugged managed switch designed to excel in challenging industrial environments. With its robust design, versatile port configurations, PoE+ support, and advanced management and security features, it provides a comprehensive solution for industrial networking needs.
As industries continue to evolve and rely more on networked systems, having a reliable and resilient networking infrastructure becomes crucial. The Cisco IE-3300-8P2S-A addresses these needs, ensuring that data flows smoothly, devices are powered efficiently, and network operations remain secure even in the harshest conditions. This switch is a testament to Cisco's commitment to providing cutting-edge networking solutions for industries around the world, making it an essential component of the modern industrial landscape.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.