The Intel EX710DA4G2P5 is a high-performance Ethernet converged network adapter that provides quad-port connectivity to Ethernet networks. The device supports PCI Express 3.0 x8 interface, and it operates at 10 Gbps data rate. In this article, we will discuss the various features and benefits of the Intel EX710DA4G2P5 Ethernet Converged Network Adapter in detail.
Ethernet Converged Network Adapter
An Ethernet converged network adapter is a device that provides network connectivity to Ethernet networks. It is a type of network interface card that is used to connect servers and workstations to the network. The Ethernet converged network adapter supports multiple protocols, including Ethernet, iSCSI, and FCoE. The device enables a server to communicate with various types of networks, including storage area networks and data center networks.
PCI Express 3.0 x8 Interface
The Intel EX710DA4G2P5 Ethernet Converged Network Adapter supports the PCI Express 3.0 x8 interface. The PCI Express interface is a high-speed serial computer expansion bus standard that provides a low-latency and high-bandwidth connection between devices. The PCI Express 3.0 standard offers a higher data transfer rate compared to the previous version, PCI Express 2.0. The x8 interface provides eight lanes for data transfer, which enables the device to achieve a high-speed data rate of 10 Gbps.
Quad Port Connectivity
The Intel EX710DA4G2P5 Ethernet Converged Network Adapter provides quad-port connectivity to Ethernet networks. The device features four Ethernet ports that support 10 Gbps data rate. The quad-port connectivity enables a server to connect to multiple networks simultaneously, which enhances the server's performance and enables it to handle more data traffic.
10 Gbps Data Rate
The Intel EX710DA4G2P5 Ethernet Converged Network Adapter operates at a data rate of 10 Gbps. The high-speed data rate enables the device to handle large amounts of data traffic quickly and efficiently. The device is suitable for data center applications that require high-speed data transfer rates.
Ethernet, iSCSI, and FCoE Support
The Intel EX710DA4G2P5 Ethernet Converged Network Adapter supports multiple protocols, including Ethernet, iSCSI, and FCoE. Ethernet is a widely used networking protocol that is used to connect devices to the internet and local area networks. iSCSI is a storage networking protocol that enables the device to access storage resources over the network. FCoE is a Fibre Channel over Ethernet protocol that enables the device to connect to Fibre Channel storage networks over Ethernet.
The Intel EX710DA4G2P5 Ethernet Converged Network Adapter supports virtualization technology. Virtualization technology enables multiple virtual machines to run on a single physical server. The device's virtualization support enables the virtual machines to communicate with the network and storage resources efficiently. The device supports various virtualization technologies, including VMware and Hyper-V.
Power Management Features
The Intel EX710DA4G2P5 Ethernet Converged Network Adapter features power management features that enable the device to operate efficiently while conserving power. The device supports various power management features, including Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) and DMA Coalescing. The EEE feature enables the device to reduce power consumption by adjusting the device's power usage based on the link's activity. The DMA Coalescing feature enables the device to reduce power consumption by aggregating multiple DMA requests and processing them at once.
General Information about this Intel EX710DA4G2P5
- Manufacturer: Intel
- Part Number or SKU# EX710DA4G2P5
- Device Type: Network Adapter
Technical Information of Intel PCI-E Adapter
- Form Factor: Plug-in Card
- Interface (bus) Type: PCI-E 3.0 X8
- Ports: 10 Gigabit SFP+ X 4 Port
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Data Link Protocol: Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate: 10 GBPS
- Network / Transport Protocol : Tcp/ip, Udp/ip, Iscsi, Smb, Nfs
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp, Rmon
- Status Indicators: Port Transmission Speed, Link/activity
- Features: Flow Control, VLAN Support, Packet Filtering, IPv6 Support, TCP/IP Offloading, Quality Of Service (QoS), Virtual Machine Device Queues (VMDQ), Ipv4 Support, Teaming Support, PXE Support, Receive Side Scaling (RSS), Single Root I/O Virtualization (Sr-IoV), Data Center Bridging (DCB), Adaptive Load Balancing (ALB), Energy Ef
- Compliant Standards : Ieee 802.3, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3ad (lacp), Ieee 802.1as, Ieee 802.1qbg
- Interfaces: 4 X 1GB Ethernet/10GB Ethernet SFP+
A network adapter also called a network interface card is a plug-in card that serves to allow computers to both transmit and receive data on a local network. It is a component of a computer's internal hardware that facilitates communication over a network.
In a more current context, network adapters will refer to an Ethernet adapter where the Ethernet circuitry is built into motherboards of the latest desktops and laptop computers. Other times, a network adapter may also refer to a wireless (Wi-Fi) adapter.
In all instances, the adapter allows a computer to connect with another computer, a server, or other networking devices through a LAN connection. The use of a network adapter is not limited to wired connections as it is used for wireless networks. The adapters for wired networks come with an RJ-45 port that may use either the twisted or untwisted pair cables for network connectivity. For the wireless adapters, the network connection is facilitated through a built-in antenna or an externally connected antenna. Both the wired and wireless network adapters support the popular LAN protocols including TCP/IP. We have 1-port, 2-port, 4-port, 6-port, 8-port, and 16-port options that support speeds of 10, 25, 40, or even 100 Gigabits.
The plug-in network interface cards (NICs) are normally used in high-performance machines especially if a faster Ethernet standard is relatively new and available but is yet to become mainstream. In fact, the major difference between network adapters lies in the network protocol it supports.
We have the different types of network adapters necessary for building computer-to-computer networks that don't have a switch or hub. All the network adapters are fairly inexpensive and readily adaptable to different applications within a network. Some of the common types available are:
Network adapters common types
- Desktop Network Interface Card: This adapter is usually connected to a PCI or PCIe slot, whichever is available on the motherboard of your desktop computer. You will need to open your computer's case and it, therefore, presents the most difficult installation method. The PCIe slot is generally found in new computers.
- PC Card or PCMCIA Card: PCMCIA is the abbreviation for Personal Computer Memory Card International Association. The name has undergone changes over time to be referred to as a PC Card or ExpressCard. For dimensions, the PC card is almost similar in size to a credit card but is significantly thicker. The PC card is connected to a PC or PCMCIA card slot in your desktop computer or laptop computer.
- USB adapter: This network adapter is typically a small device, similar to a thumb drive, with a USB interface. Installation is easy and straightforward since it is plugged into the USB port of your desktop or laptop computer or other network devices that have a USB port.
- Wireless game adapters also referred to as media adapters, are connected to older game consoles and home entertainment devices so as to act as a bridge to Wi-Fi capability. They help expand functionality on these entertainment devices through connections to the internet.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.