Reduced Power Consumption
Reduced power consumption refers to the practice of reducing the amount of power that a device, such as a computer or a network switch, uses. This can be achieved through various means, including using energy-efficient components, reducing the number of active components, and using power-saving modes.
The main benefits of reduced power consumption are:
- Cost savings: By reducing the amount of power used, organizations can reduce their energy costs and lower their overall operating expenses.
- Environmental sustainability: Lowering power consumption reduces the amount of greenhouse gases produced, helping to reduce the impact of technology on the environment.
- Increased reliability: Devices that use less power tend to generate less heat, which can help to increase their reliability and lifespan.
- Improved performance: In some cases, reducing power consumption can lead to improved performance, as devices can operate at faster speeds and with better efficiency.
There are various technologies and practices that can be used to achieve reduced power consumption, including using energy-efficient components, implementing power-saving modes, and using virtualization and cloud computing to consolidate and optimize resources.
Organizations can also implement energy-efficient network design practices, such as using power-efficient switches, reducing the number of network hops, and optimizing network traffic patterns, to achieve reduced power consumption in their networks.
Network Security Protection
Network security protection refers to the measures taken to protect a network and its associated data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction.
The goal of network security protection is to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of network resources and data.
Some common techniques used for network security protection include:
- Firewalls: Firewalls act as a barrier between the network and the Internet, controlling the flow of traffic in and out of the network and blocking unauthorized access.
- Encryption: Encryption is the process of encoding data to protect it from unauthorized access. Encryption can be used to protect data in transit, such as when it is transmitted over the Internet, and data at rest, such as when it is stored on a disk or server.
- Access Control: Access control is the process of limiting access to network resources based on the identity of the user or device attempting to access the resource. Access control can be implemented using various methods, such as passwords, smart cards, and biometrics.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS): IDPS are systems that monitor network traffic for signs of attack and take action to prevent or mitigate the attack.
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs): VPNs provide secure remote access to a network by encrypting traffic over the Internet, allowing users to connect to the network from remote locations in a secure manner.
- Anti-malware: Anti-malware refers to software that is designed to detect and remove malware, such as viruses, worms, and spyware, from a network or computer.
- Network Segmentation: Network segmentation involves dividing a network into smaller subnets or segments, making it more difficult for an attacker to compromise the entire network.
These and other network security protection techniques are used to defend against a wide range of security threats, such as cyber attacks, malware, and unauthorized access, to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of network resources and data.
It is important to note that network security protection is an ongoing process, as new threats and vulnerabilities are constantly emerging, and network administrators must be vigilant and proactive in protecting their networks against these threats.
Advanced Layer 2 Features
Advanced Layer 2 features refer to a set of advanced features and functions that are used to enhance the performance and functionality of Layer 2 switches, which are used to control the flow of data within a network. Layer 2 switches operate at the Data Link layer of the OSI model and are responsible for forwarding data frames between devices on the same network.
Some of the advanced Layer 2 features include:
- Link Aggregation (LAG): Allows multiple physical connections to be combined into a single logical connection, providing increased bandwidth and fault tolerance.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): Helps to prevent loops in the network by blocking redundant paths, ensuring that only one active path exists between any two devices.
- Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN): Allows network administrators to segment the network into multiple virtual networks, providing increased security, performance, and scalability.
- Quality of Service (QoS): Allows network administrators to prioritize different types of traffic, such as voice, video, and data, ensuring that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth and processing power.
- Port Mirroring: Allows network administrators to monitor network traffic by copying packets from one or more ports to a monitoring port.
- Multicast: Allows the efficient delivery of data to multiple recipients, reducing network congestion and improving network performance.
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP): Allows network administrators to automatically assign IP addresses to devices on the network, reducing the administrative overhead associated with manual IP address assignment.
- Network Access Control (NAC): Helps to secure the network by controlling access to the network based on the security posture of the device attempting to access the network.
These advanced Layer 2 features provide network administrators with greater control and flexibility over the network, allowing them to optimize network performance, improve security, and increase reliability.
General Information about the HPE JL678A
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# JL678A
- Type: Networking
- Switch Type: 28 Ports Switch
- Ports : 24 X 10/100/1000 + 4 X 1 Gigabit / 10 Gigabit Sfp+
- Switching Capacity: 128 GBPS ¦ Throughput: 95.2 MPPS ¦ Latency (1 GBPS): 1.5 Μs ¦ Latency (10 GBPS): 1.8 Μs
- Capacity : Switched Virtual Interfaces (Svis): 16 ¦ Arp Entries: 1024 ¦ Ipv4 Routes (Unicast): 512 ¦ Ipv6 Routes (Unicast): 512 ¦ Igmp Groups: 512 ¦ Mld Groups: 512 ¦ Ipv4 Acl Entries (Ingress): 256 ¦ Ipv6 Acl Entries (Ingress): 128 ¦ Mac Acl Entries (Ingress): 256
- Mac Address Table Size : 8192 Entries
- Routing Protocol : Igmpv2, Igmpv3
- Encryption Algorithm : Ssl
- Authentication Method : Secure Shell (Ssh), Radius, Tacacs+, Secure Shell V.2 (Ssh2)
- Features : Flow Control, Bootp Support, Arp Support, Vlan Support, Diffserv Support, Ipv6 Support, Sntp Support, Sflow, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (Mstp) Support, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (Tftp) Support, Mld Snooping, Lacp Support, Lldp Support, Port Based Access Control, Dhcp Client, Energy Efficient Ethernet, Management Information Base (Mib), Network Access Control (Nac), Neighbor Discovery Protocol (Ndp), Snmp Support, Internet Control Message Protocol (Icmp), Entitymib, Dns Client, Lldp-Med, User Datagram Protocol (Udp), Rapid Reconfiguration Of Spanning Tree (Rstp), Ipv6 Addressing
- Compliant Standards : Ieee 802.3, Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.3ab, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3x, Ieee 802.3ad (Lacp), Ieee 802.1w, Ieee 802.1s, Ieee 802.3az
- Processor : 1 X Arm A9: 1.016 Ghz
- Ram : 4 Gb Ddr3 Sdram
- Flash Memory : 16 GB
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces :
- 24 X 10/100/1000 Base-T Rj-45 ¦ 4 X 1/10gbit Lan Sfp+ ¦ 1 X Usb-C Console ¦ 1 X Usb Type A
- Power Device : Internal Power Supply
- Power Provided : 65 Watt
- Voltage Required : Ac 230 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption Operational : 15.4 Watt
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product JL678A at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.