The Lenovo Emulex VFA5.2 ML2 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Network Adapter is a high-performance networking card that is designed to provide fast and reliable network connectivity for servers and workstations. This adapter is specifically designed for use with Lenovo servers and workstations and provides dual port connectivity with support for SFP+ transceivers. In this article, we will provide a detailed explanation of the features and benefits of the Lenovo Emulex VFA5.2 ML2 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Network Adapter.
Features and Specifications
The Lenovo Emulex VFA5.2 ML2 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Network Adapter is designed to provide high-speed network connectivity with dual port support for SFP+ transceivers. The adapter is based on the Emulex OneConnect Universal Converged Network Adapter (UCNA) platform, which is a proven and reliable platform for high-performance network connectivity.
The adapter supports 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) network speeds and provides full-duplex bandwidth of up to 40Gbps. The dual port design allows for redundancy and load balancing, which can help improve network performance and reliability.
The adapter is designed for use with Lenovo servers and workstations and is compatible with a wide range of operating systems, including Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, and VMware ESXi.
Ease of Installation
The Lenovo Emulex VFA5.2 ML2 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Network Adapter is designed for easy installation and setup. The adapter comes with a quick installation guide and can be installed in minutes with no special tools required.
The adapter is designed to fit into a standard ML2 slot on Lenovo servers and workstations and does not require any additional cables or hardware. The adapter is hot-swappable, which means it can be installed or removed from the server without shutting down the system.
Advanced Management and Monitoring
The Lenovo Emulex VFA5.2 ML2 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Network Adapter provides advanced management and monitoring features that can help administrators optimize network performance and troubleshoot issues.
The adapter includes support for the Emulex OneCommand Manager application, which provides a centralized management console for monitoring and configuring the adapter. The OneCommand Manager application allows administrators to monitor network traffic, configure adapter settings, and troubleshoot network issues from a single console.
The adapter also includes support for Virtual Network Interface Card (vNIC) technology, which allows administrators to create virtual network interfaces on the adapter. This can help simplify network management and improve performance by allowing administrators to allocate network bandwidth more efficiently.
The Lenovo Emulex VFA5.2 ML2 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Network Adapter is designed for energy efficiency, which can help reduce power consumption and lower operating costs. The adapter includes support for the IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) standard, which reduces power consumption by automatically adjusting the power levels based on network traffic.
The adapter also includes support for the Emulex Virtual Network Interface (vNIC) feature, which allows administrators to create virtual network interfaces on the adapter. This can help reduce the number of physical adapters required, which can help lower power consumption and reduce operating costs.
In summary, the Lenovo Emulex VFA5.2 ML2 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Network Adapter is a high-performance networking card that provides fast and reliable network connectivity for servers and workstations. The adapter is designed for easy installation and setup and includes advanced management and monitoring features that can help optimize network performance and troubleshoot issues. Additionally, the adapter is designed for energy efficiency, which can help reduce power consumption and lower operating costs
Main Specification about the Lenovo 00AG581
- Manufacturer: Lenovo
- Part Number or SKU# 00AG581
- Device Type: Network Adapter
- Ports : 10GB Ethernet / Fcoe X 2
- Form Factor : Plug-In Card - Low Profile
- Interface (Bus) Type : Pci Express 3.0 X8
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Cabling Type : Fibre Channel
- Data Link Protocol : 10 GIGE, FCOE, ISCSI
- Fibre Channel : FC-BB-5
- Data Transfer Rate : 10 GBPS
- Capacity : Mac Addresses Per Port: 128
- Network / Transport Protocol : TCP/IP, UDP/IP
- Mac Address Filtering, IPV6 Support, Data Center Bridging Exchange (Dcbx) Support, Enhanced Transmission Selection, IPV4 And Ipv6 Large Send Offload And Checksum Offload (Lso/Tco), Ndis 6 Ipsec Task Offload Compliant, Quality Of Service (Qos), Jumbo Frames Support, Receive Side Scaling (Rss), Single Root I/O Virtualization (Sr-Iov), Link Aggregation Control Protocol (Lacp), Data Center Bridging (Dcb), Extended Message-Signaled Interrupts (Msi-X), Converged Enhanced Ethernet (Cee), Edge Virtual Bridging (Evb), Iscsi Boot, Tcp/Ip Checksum Offload, Udp/Ip Checksum Offload, Fcoe Initialization Protocol (Fip), Unified Fabric Port (Ufp), Priority-Based Flow Control (Pfc), Virtual Extensible Lan (Vxlan), Network Virtualization Using Generic Routing Encapsulation (Nvgre), Rdma Over Converged Ethernet (Roce) V2, Virtual Fabric Mode, Switch Independent Mode, Virtual Ethernet Bridge (Veb), Fabric Provided Mac Addressing (Fpma), Iscsi Protocol Offload, Iscsi Crash Memory Dump Support, Internet Storage Name Service (ISNS)
- Compliant Standards : IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3X, IEEE 802.3AD (LACP), IEEE 802.3AE, IEEE 802.3P, IEEE 802.1AB (LLDP), IEEE 802.1QBB, IEEE 802.1QAZ, IEEE 802.1QBG
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces : 2 X 10GB Ethernet / FCOE - SFP+
- Power Consumption Operational : 14.4 Watt
A network adapter is also called a network interface card is a plug-in card that serves to allow computers to both transmit and receive data on a local network. It is a component of a computer's internal hardware that facilitates communication over a network.
In a more current context, network adapters will refer to an Ethernet adapter where the Ethernet circuitry is built into motherboards of the latest desktops and laptop computers. Other times, a network adapter may also refer to a wireless (Wi-Fi) adapter.
In all instances, the adapter allows a computer to connect with another computer, a server, or other networking devices through a LAN connection. The use of a network adapter is not limited to wired connections as it is used for wireless networks. The adapters for wired networks come with a RJ-45 port that may use either the twisted or untwisted pair cables for network connectivity. For the wireless adapters, the network connection is facilitated through a built-in antenna or an externally connected antenna. Both the wired and wireless network adapters support the popular LAN protocols including TCP/IP. We have 1-port, 2-port, 4-port, 6-port, 8-port, and 16-port options that support speeds of 10, 25, 40, or even 100 Gigabits.
The plug-in network interface cards (NICs) are normally used in high-performance machines especially if a faster Ethernet standard is relatively new and available but is yet to become mainstream. In fact, the major difference between network adapters lies in the network protocol it supports.
We have the different types of network adapters necessary for building computer-to-computer networks that don't have a switch or hub. All the network adapters are fairly inexpensive and readily adaptable to different applications within a network. Some of the common types available are:
Network adapters common types
- Desktop Network Interface Card: This adapter is usually connected to a PCI or PCIe slot, whichever is available on the motherboard of your desktop computer. You will need to open your computer's case and it, therefore, presents the most difficult installation method. The PCIe slot is generally found in new computers.
- PC Card or PCMCIA Card: PCMCIA is the abbreviation for Personal Computer Memory Card International Association. The name has undergone changes over time to be referred to as a PC Card or ExpressCard. For dimensions, the PC card is almost similar in size to a credit card but is significantly thicker. The PC card is connected to a PC or PCMCIA card slot in your desktop computer or laptop computer.
- USB adapter: This network adapter is typically a small device, similar to a thumb drive, with a USB interface. Installation is easy and straightforward since it is plugged into the USB port of your desktop or laptop computer or other network devices that have a USB port.
- Wireless game adapters also referred to as media adapters, are connected to the older game consoles and home entertainment devices so as to act as a bridge to Wi-Fi capability. They help expand functionality on these entertainment devices through connections to the internet.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.