Compatibility with Cisco IP Phones
The PSU-12VDC-40W2 Cisco IP Phone Power Adapter is compatible with a wide range of Cisco IP phones, including the 7900 series, 8800 series, and 8900 series. It can also be used with other Cisco devices that require 12VDC power, such as the Cisco Wireless LAN Controller.
It is important to note that the PSU-12VDC-40W2 is not compatible with the Cisco IP Phone 7800 and 8800 series models that are designed to work with PoE (Power over Ethernet) and do not require an external power supply.
It's also important to check the specifications of your Cisco IP phone or device before purchasing the PSU-12VDC-40W2 to ensure that it is compatible and meets the power requirements of the device. You can check the specifications on the Cisco website or consult the user manual for your device.
It's always recommended to check the compatibility with the vendor before purchasing the PSU-12VDC-40W2 Cisco IP Phone Power Adapter.
Installation and setup instructions
- Unpack the PSU-12VDC-40W2 Cisco IP Phone Power Adapter and make sure that all components are present.
- Connect the power adapter to the appropriate power source. Make sure that the voltage and amperage match the specifications on the power adapter.
- Connect the power adapter to the Cisco IP Phone using the appropriate cable. Make sure that the cable is securely connected to both the power adapter and the phone.
- Turn on the power adapter and the Cisco IP Phone. The power adapter should automatically detect the voltage and amperage requirements of the phone and adjust accordingly.
- Verify that the power adapter is working properly by checking the status LEDs on the front panel of the power adapter. The LEDs should indicate that the power adapter is providing power to the phone.
- If you encounter any issues with the power adapter or the phone, refer to the documentation provided with the equipment for troubleshooting tips.
- Once the power adapter is installed and working properly, you can use your Cisco IP Phone as normal.
- To ensure optimal performance, it is recommended to use the power adapter that is specifically designed for the Cisco IP Phone model you are using.
- It is important to note that the power adapter is not designed to charge the phone's battery, it is only meant to power the phone.
- Keep the power adapter in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
- Always disconnect the power adapter from the power source and the phone before cleaning or performing any maintenance on the equipment.
- Make sure to use the power adapter only with the specified Cisco IP Phone models to avoid any damage or malfunction.
- Regularly check the power adapter's connections, cables and other parts for any wear and tear and replace them if necessary.
- Keep the power adapter away from water or any other liquid to avoid any electrical hazards.
- It's advisable to have a backup power adapter on hand, in case of any unexpected power outages.
Troubleshooting and maintenance
- Verify that the power adapter is connected properly to the Cisco IP phone and the power outlet.
- Check that the power outlet is working properly and that the power adapter's cord is not damaged.
- Ensure that the power adapter's voltage and amperage match the specifications of the Cisco IP phone.
- Check the status LEDs on the power adapter to see if there is an indication of a problem.
- If the problem persists, refer to the documentation provided with the power adapter for additional troubleshooting tips.
- Keep the power adapter clean and free of dust and debris.
- Check the cord and connections for signs of wear or damage. Replace the power adapter if the cord or connections are damaged.
- Store the power adapter in a cool, dry place when not in use.
- Regularly check the voltage and amperage output to ensure that it is within the specifications of the Cisco IP phone.
- Make sure that the power adapter is kept in a safe location to prevent damage or injury.
- Regularly check the status LEDs to ensure that the power adapter is working properly.
- If the power adapter is not working properly, replace it with a new one.
- Keep the power adapter's firmware up-to-date to ensure optimal performance.
- Regularly inspect the power adapter for any physical damage, including cracks, dents, or deformations.
- If the power adapter needs to be replaced, it is recommended to replace it with the same model.
Key Information for this Cisco PSU-12VDC-40W2
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU # PSU-12VDC-40W2
- Product Name: 12 Volt DC Ip Phone Power Adapter
- Product Type: Power Adapter
Technical Information of 12 Volt DC Adapter
- Device Supported: IP Phone
Voltage Details of Power Adapter
- Output Voltage: 12 V DC
- Compatibility: Cisco TelePresence System E20 IP Phone
About Refurbished Products
Power adapters are very common in the computing world. They are the external power supplies to laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. The primary function of power adapters is to convert the mains AC from the wall socket into DC power needed by the electronic components in a computer.
All Types of Power Adapters are Available
You need to know the type of power adapter you need for your system. The two types on the market depend on the power source, and you need to know the type of power at your disposal. We have AC power where voltages and currents reverse direction. In other words, they are sinusoidal. The other type is DC power, usually from storage batteries or solar panels.
If the input power to an adapter is AC, we refer to it as AC to DC adapter. These are the most common types you will find on the market because of the widespread use of AC power. And if the input power is a DC power, it is referred to as DC to DC adapter. Some people refer to such adapters as converters because they convert DC power at one level to DC power at another level.
Choosing the Right Power Adapter
It is not enough to only know whether you need an AC adapter or a DC adapter. You have to consider many other electrical parameters to get the correct adapter for your computer.
The many power adapters on the market make it challenging to choose the correct adapter for the device you have. To begin with, you need to know the adapter model. For example, use only HP adapters for HP products and Dell adapters for Dell products. If you need an adapter for Cisco 600 series, you need to buy a DSL/ADSL Modem Power Supply, and the same goes for any other brand and model.
Power Input Rating
There are power adapters rated for 110VAC, while others are rated for 220VAC. Be keen on these input ratings because you don't want to smoke your power adapter straight from the market. The input power rating depends on your region, and you should know it before commencing with shopping for your adapters.
Output Power Rating
This is important to protect your computer. First, check the input power parameters on your system and then match it to the output power from the adapter. The current and voltage ratings are usually labeled on the sticker on the adapter and computer.
Pin and Plug Considerations
The last thing you need to do is to match the female and male connectors for your power adapter to work. If you are shopping from a reputable site, then you can get the technical assistance you need.
Buy quality power adapters for your computer at ALLHDD. We have all types of adapter models for every computer. You can also contact our customer service team to help you when shopping from our website. It will be our pleasure to serve you.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product PSU-12VDC-40W2 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Power Supply - Power Adapter
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.