Endurance and Reliability
The Samsung MZ-WLR3T8C PM1733 3.84TB 2.5Inch PCI-Express 4.0 X4 (NVMe) Enterprise Internal Solid State Drive is designed for high endurance and reliability in enterprise environments. Here are the endurance and reliability specifications for this SSD:
- The PM1733 is rated for 15.36 Petabytes Written (PBW), which means that it can write up to 15.36 PB of data over its lifespan. This endurance rating is based on the total amount of data written to the drive, rather than on the amount of time the drive is in use.
- The PM1733 has a Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) rating of 2 million hours, which means that it is expected to operate without failure for an average of 2 million hours.
- The drive features advanced error correction and thermal control features to help ensure data integrity and prevent overheating.
- The PM1733 also has power loss protection to help prevent data loss in the event of a power outage or other unexpected event
Data Security and Encryption Features
The Samsung MZ-WLR3T8C PM1733 3.84TB 2.5Inch PCI-Express 4.0 X4 (NVMe) Enterprise Internal Solid State Drive includes a range of data security and encryption features to help protect sensitive information stored on the drive. Here are some of the key security features:
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) Technology: The PM1733 supports SED technology, which encrypts all data on the drive using an AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption engine. This helps to prevent unauthorized access to data in case the drive is lost, stolen, or otherwise compromised.
- TCG Opal and Microsoft eDrive: The PM1733 supports the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Opal standard and Microsoft eDrive, which enable users to take advantage of hardware-based encryption features in their operating systems and encryption software. This can provide additional layers of security to help protect data stored on the drive.
- Secure Erase: The PM1733 includes a Secure Erase feature that can be used to securely erase all data on the drive, including the encryption keys, in case the drive needs to be repurposed or disposed of.
- Crypto Erase: The PM1733 also supports Crypto Erase, which enables the drive to be securely erased even if the encryption keys have been lost or compromised. This ensures that data stored on the drive is completely and irretrievably erased.
Compatibility and System Requirements
The Samsung MZ-WLR3T8C PM1733 3.84TB 2.5Inch PCI-Express 4.0 X4 (NVMe) Enterprise Internal Solid State Drive is compatible with a wide range of enterprise systems and server platforms. Here are the compatibility and system requirements for this SSD:
- Interface: The PM1733 uses a PCI Express 4.0 x4 interface, which is backward-compatible with PCIe 3.0 and earlier versions of the PCIe standard.
- Form factor: The PM1733 uses a 2.5-inch form factor, which is compatible with many standard drive bays and hot-swap drive trays in enterprise servers.
- Operating system: The PM1733 is compatible with a range of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and VMware.
- Server platforms: The PM1733 is compatible with a range of enterprise server platforms, including those from Dell, HPE, Lenovo, Supermicro, and others. However, it is important to check the specific compatibility of the PM1733 with your server platform before purchasing.
- Power requirements: The PM1733 has a typical power consumption of 16 watts, and a maximum power consumption of 25 watts. This means that it may require additional power and cooling capacity in some server configurations.
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Model Number or SKU# MZ-WLR3T8C
- Product Type: Solid State Drive
- Capacity: 3.84 TB
- Form Factor: 2.5 Inch
- Nand Flash Memory: V-nand
- Interface: PCI-Express 4.0 X4 (NVMe)
- Features: Enterprise
- Drive Writes Per Day (Dwpd): 1
- Internal Data Rate: 7000 MBPS (Read) / 3800 MBPS (Write)
- Random Read: 1500000 IOPS
- Random Write: 135000 IOPS
- MTBF: 2,000,000 Hours
Product Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 0.63 Inch
- Width: 3.10 Inch
- Depth: 5.45 Inch
- Weight: 1.50 Lbs
About Refurbished Products
The PCI-e solid-state drives are high-speed expansion cards that facilitate the attachment of peripherals to a computer. Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCI-e) is a serial expansion bus standard. There are different sizes of PCI-e slots which are dictated by the total sum of bidirectional lanes at the slot. The PCI-e standard acts as the data transport layer in add-in cards and graphics cards.
PCI-e SSD storage is just another alternative to server-side flash deployment. Using PCI-e SSDs directly introduces flash on the server motherboard which means that a device connects to the host via a non-shared serial link. It will, therefore, eliminate bus sharing between devices. The PCI-e interface helps reduce latency and enhances the data transfer speed.
Features of PCI-e SSD Cards
Generally, PCI-e SSD card has a far better performance compared to SATA SSDs and SAS SSDs as well as the fibre channel solid-state drives. Some of the most notable versions of the PCI-e standard are the PCI-e 3.0 released back in November of 2010 and PCI-e 4.0 released back in 2017. PCI-e 4.0 offers a two-fold increase in bandwidth compared to the PCI-e 3.0 revision. The PCI-e 5.0 was released in 2019 with even greater bandwidth to support faster and more efficient performance.
Other standards released by the PCI-SIG are the NVMe (non-volatile memory express). NVMe delivers a highly optimized set of commands for easier accessing of PCI-e SSDs. NVMe is all about exploiting parallelism in PCI-e to enhance performance.
Yet another interface is the M.2 SSDs which is a smaller form factor that is designed for expansion cards that are mounted internally in high-performance workstations and servers. It's a replacement to the mSATA and carries four lanes of bandwidth of the PCI-e 3.0 standard.
We have the following wide range of storage capacities for the PCI-e SSDs to meet all your needs. The capacity options we have here at AllHDD are: 512GB, 750GB, 785GB, 800GB, 960GB, 1.6TB, 1.75TB, 1.79TB, 1.92TB, 2TB, 2.6TB, 3TB, 3.2TB, 3.5TB, 3.84TB, 4TB, 6.4TB, 7.68TB, 8TB, 12.8TB, and 15.36TB.
Overall, the lower latency allows PCI-e and NVMe SSDs to provide fast response times in processing and handling large workloads such as those associated with data warehousing and transaction processing. One of the best applications of PCI-e flash is in data centers where read and write access is in microseconds and is able to meet input/output (I/O) requirements. PCI-e SSDs help in surpassing the bottlenecks that are linked with the use of SAS and SATA SSDs especially in guaranteeing performance in frequent file transfer scenarios. The total sum of PCI-e lanes in an SSD determines the effective data transfer speeds. For example, a 16-lane PCI-e 3.0 device will easily achieve 32 Gbps transfer speeds.
Some of the drawbacks associated with the PCI-e SSDs are the prohibitive costs and high power consumption that leads to shorter battery life.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.