The SF250-48-K9-NA Cisco 250 Series switch is a rack-mountable, managed switch with 48 Ethernet ports. It supports Layer 2 switching and has a variety of advanced features to help manage and secure your network. Some of the key features include:
- Virtual LANs (VLANs): This feature allows you to segment your network into different logical segments, creating separate broadcast domains and improving network security. It also helps to reduce congestion and improve performance.
- Quality of Service (QoS): QoS allows you to prioritize different types of traffic, such as voice or video, to ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need to function properly.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): This protocol allows you to bundle multiple Ethernet ports together to form a single, high-bandwidth link. This can help to increase the available bandwidth and improve network redundancy.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): STP helps to prevent loops in the network by automatically disabling certain links. This ensures that there is always a single active path between any two devices, preventing network congestion and improving network stability.
- Port mirroring: This feature allows you to monitor network traffic by copying all packets that pass through a specific port and sending them to another port for monitoring or analysis.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): SNMP is a widely-used protocol for managing and monitoring network devices. The switch supports SNMP, allowing you to easily monitor and manage the device from a central location.
- DHCP snooping: This feature helps to protect against rogue DHCP servers by filtering DHCP messages and only allowing messages from authorized DHCP servers to be processed.
- Access control lists (ACLs): ACLs allow you to control network access by specifying which devices or users are allowed to access specific parts of the network. This can be used to implement security policies and improve network security.
- Web-based management interface: The switch has a web-based management interface that allows you to easily configure and monitor the device from any location with a web browser.
These advanced features make SF250-48-K9-NA Cisco 250 Series switch a reliable and secure option for small and medium-sized businesses, as well as for branch offices and enterprise environments.
Efficient and Scalable Networking
"Efficient" in this context refers to the switch's ability to efficiently manage network traffic and resources, such as bandwidth and power consumption. The SF250-48-K9-NA has features such as Quality of Service (QoS), which allows you to prioritize certain types of traffic, such as voice or video, to ensure that they receive the necessary bandwidth. The switch also supports Cisco EnergyWise technology, which helps to reduce energy consumption by monitoring and controlling the power usage of connected devices.
"Scalable" refers to the switch's ability to adapt to the changing needs of your network. The SF250-48-K9-NA has 48 Ethernet ports, which allows you to connect a large number of devices to the switch. Additionally, the switch supports link aggregation, which allows you to combine multiple ports to increase bandwidth and provide redundancy. The switch also supports VLANs, which allow you to segment your network into different virtual networks, providing added security and reducing broadcast traffic.
Quality of Service
Quality of Service (QoS) is a feature of the SF250-48-K9-NA Cisco 250 Series Switch that allows you to prioritize certain types of network traffic, such as voice or video, to ensure that they receive the necessary bandwidth. This is important because some types of traffic, such as video or voice, are more sensitive to delays or jitter than other types of traffic, such as email or file transfers.
The SF250-48-K9-NA supports a variety of QoS features, including:
- Class of Service (CoS): This feature allows you to assign priority levels to different types of traffic, such as real-time traffic, based on the 802.1p priority tag.
- Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP): This feature allows you to assign priority levels to different types of traffic based on the Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) value in the IP header.
- Quality of Service (QoS) policies: This feature allows you to create policies that control the prioritization of traffic based on a variety of criteria, such as source and destination IP addresses, protocols, and ports.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): LACP allows you to bundle multiple physical interfaces into a single logical interface, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
By using these features, the SF250-48-K9-NA ensures that sensitive traffic is prioritized and guaranteed the necessary bandwidth for optimal performance. This improves the overall user experience and satisfaction, especially for real-time applications such as video conferencing or VoIP.
Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number SF250-48-K9-NA
Brand Name Cisco
Product Series 250
Product Model SF250-48
Product Name SF250-48 48-Port 10 100 Smart Switch
Product Type Ethernet Switch
Total Number of Network Ports 48
Uplink Port Yes
Stack Port No
Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
Port/Expansion Slot Details 48 x Fast Ethernet Network
Media & Performance
Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
Media Type Supported Optical Fiber
Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
Network Technology 10/100Base-TX
Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-TX
Network Technology 1000Base-X
Number of Total Expansion Slots 2
Expansion Slot Type SFP
Shared SFP Slot Yes
Number of SFP Slots 2
Network & Communication
Layer Supported 2
Management & Protocols
Power Source Power Supply
Redundant Power Supply Supported No
SF250-48 48-Port 10 100 Smart Switch
Quick Start Guide
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product SF250-48-K9-NA at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.