The WS-C2980G-A Cisco Catalyst 2980G 80-port managed switch is a high-performance, fully-managed switch designed for use in enterprise networks. It provides 80 Gigabit Ethernet ports for connecting a variety of devices such as computers, servers, and other network devices.
The switch is fully managed, which means that it can be configured and monitored using a web-based interface or a command-line interface (CLI). This allows network administrators to customize the switch's settings to meet the specific needs of their network.
The switch supports advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS) and VLANs (Virtual LANs) which helps improve network performance and security. QoS allows administrators to prioritize different types of network traffic, ensuring that critical applications have the bandwidth they need. VLANs allow administrators to segment the network into smaller virtual networks, which can improve security and network management.
The switch also supports stacking, which allows multiple Cisco Catalyst 2980G switches to be connected together to increase network scalability. This provides more redundancy and resiliency to the network.
The WS-C2980G-A Cisco Catalyst 2980G 80-port managed switch is designed to provide high performance and reliability for enterprise networks.
In terms of performance, the switch supports Gigabit Ethernet speeds on all of its 80 ports. This allows for fast data transfer between devices connected to the switch. The switch also supports advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS) which allows for the prioritization of different types of network traffic to ensure that critical applications have the bandwidth they need. Additionally, the switch supports jumbo frames, which allows for larger packet sizes and can improve performance for certain types of network traffic.
In terms of reliability, the switch supports several features to ensure that the network remains up and running. It supports redundant power supplies and fans to provide redundancy in case of a failure. The switch also supports the Cisco IOS Software, which provides a variety of features to help ensure network uptime. Additionally, the switch can be stacked with other Cisco Catalyst 2980G switches for increased network scalability, which provides more redundancy and resiliency to the network.
The model Cisco Catalyst 2980G 80-port managed switch is compliant with a variety of industry standards. Compliance with these standards ensures that the switch is compatible with other devices in the network and that it meets certain performance and security requirements.
Some of the compliant standards for the WS-C2980G-A include:
- IEEE 802.3: This is the standard for Ethernet, which defines the physical and data link layers of the OSI model. The switch is compliant with various IEEE 802.3 standards, including 802.3u (Fast Ethernet) and 802.3ab (Gigabit Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.1D: This is the standard for spanning tree protocol (STP), which is used to prevent loops in a network.
- IEEE 802.1Q: This is the standard for VLAN tagging, which is used to segment a network into smaller virtual networks.
- IEEE 802.1p: This is the standard for Quality of Service (QoS) on a LAN, which allows administrators to prioritize different types of network traffic.
- IEEE 802.3x: This is the standard for flow control, which allows the switch to control the rate at which it receives data in order to prevent data loss.
- IEEE 802.3ad: This is the standard for Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) which is used to bundle multiple physical links together to form a single logical link, providing redundancy and increased bandwidth.
- SNMP, RMON: These are the standard for network management, which allows the switch to be monitored and configured remotely.
- IEEE 802.1X: This is the standard for port-based network access control, which is used to control access to the network based on the identity of the device or user attempting to access it.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C2980G-A
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Number or SKU# WS-C2980G-A
- Product Line Catalyst
- Product Series 2900
- Product Model 2980G
- Product Name Catalyst 2980G Ethernet Switch
- Product Type Ethernet Switch
Technical Information for this 80 Ports Ethernet Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports 80
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 80
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 80 x Fast Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Performance of Catalyst 2980G Managed Switch
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
- Network Technology 10/100Base-TX
Dimensions & Weight
- Form Factor Rack-mountable
- Height 3.5 Inch
- Width 17.5 Inch
- Depth 17 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 16 lb
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.