Deployment and Configuration of Ethernet Switch
To deploy and configure a WS-C3550-48-EMI Cisco Catalyst 3550 48-ports manageable switch, you will need to follow these general steps:
- Connect the switch to a power source and turn it on.
- Connect the switch to your network using Ethernet cables.
- Connect to the switch using a console cable and a terminal emulation program, such as PuTTY.
- Configure basic network settings, such as the hostname and IP address of the switch.
- Configure VLANs, if necessary, to segment your network.
- Configure port security to limit the number of MAC addresses that can be learned on a particular port.
- Configure Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritize certain types of traffic.
- Configure spanning tree protocol (STP) to prevent loops in the network.
- Configure SNMP for management and monitoring.
- Configure any advanced features that are required for your network, such as Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) or Multicast.
- Save the configuration to the switch's non-volatile memory (NVRAM) and/or a remote server.
It is important to note that the above steps are general and the specific configuration will depend on the network requirements and the organization's policies.
Switch Management and Configuration of Manageable Switch
- Connect to the switch using a console cable and a terminal emulator program such as Putty.
- Log in to the switch using the default username and password (username: cisco, password: cisco).
- Once logged in, you will be in the privileged EXEC mode.
- To configure the switch, enter the "configure terminal" command to enter the global configuration mode.
- From here, you can configure various settings such as IP addresses, VLANs, and port settings.
- To save your changes, use the "write memory" command.
- To manage the switch, you can use the Cisco IOS commands such as "show running-config" to view the current configuration and "show interfaces" to view the status of the ports.
- To remotely access the switch, you can configure a management IP address and enable SNMP or Telnet/SSH access.
- To upgrade the switch's firmware, you can use the "copy tftp flash" command to copy the new firmware image from a TFTP server to the switch's flash memory.
- To reboot the switch, use the "reload" command.
- To exit the switch, use the "exit" command.
Network Connectivity and VLANs of 48 Ports Managed Switch
The WS-C3550-48-EMI Cisco Catalyst 3550 48-Ports Manageable Switch is a Layer 2 switch that supports both 10/100Mbps and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. It has 48 Ethernet ports, with 24 of them supporting both 10/100Mbps and Gigabit Ethernet, and 24 supporting only 10/100Mbps. The switch also has 2 SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports for connecting to other network devices or to the internet.
One of the key features of the WS-C3550-48-EMI is its support for VLANs (Virtual LANs). VLANs allow for the creation of multiple logical networks within a single physical network. This allows for increased security and segmentation of network traffic. The switch supports up to 256 VLANs and allows for the creation of VLANs based on port, MAC address, or protocol. This allows for granular control over network traffic and can help to prevent unauthorized access or data breaches.
In addition to VLANs, the WS-C3550-48-EMI also supports a number of other advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS) for prioritizing network traffic, Port-based Access Control Lists (ACLs) for security, and Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) for load balancing. These features make the WS-C3550-48-EMI an ideal switch for small to medium-sized businesses or enterprise environments that require advanced network management and security capabilities.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number WS-C3550-48-EMI
- Brand Name Cisco
- Device Type Switch - 48 ports - managed - stackable
- Enclosure Type Desktop - 1U
- Interfaces Fast Ethernet
- Ports 48 x 10/100 + 2 x GBIC
- MAC Address Table Size 8K entries
Management and Protocol
- Remote Management Protocol SNMP 1, SNMP 2, RMON 1, RMON 2, SNMP 3
- Authentication Method RADIUS, TACACS+
- Features Full duplex capability, IP-routing, manageable, stackable
- Compliant Standards IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x
- RAM 64 MB - integrate
- Flash Memory 16 MB flash
- Built-in Devices LED panel
- Status Indicators Link activity, port transmission speed, port duplex mode, bandwidth utilization %, power, link OK
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces 48 x 100Base-TX - RJ-45 1 x console - RJ-45 - management 2 x GBIC
- Power Device Internal power supply
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Consumption Operational 86 Watt
- Features Redundant Power System (RPS) connector
- Compliant Standards UL, cUL
- Cables Included Serial adapter
- MTBF 163,000 hours
- Compliant Standards FCC Class A certified, CSA, UL, TUV GS, BSMI, cUL, EN 60950, EN55022, NOM, VCCI Class A ITE
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included Enhanced Multilayer Software Image (EMI)
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 113 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 10 - 85%
- Max Altitude Operating 9840 ft
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.