The WS-C4900M is a switch model made by Cisco Systems. It belongs to the Cisco Catalyst 4900M series of switches.
This switch supports 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GBase-X) on its 8 ports, meaning that it can transmit and receive data at a rate of up to 10 Gbps on each port. This makes it suitable for use in high-bandwidth environments such as data centers and high-performance computing networks.
The switch also supports fast Ethernet (100Mbps) on all its ports which is a feature that allows it to be compatible with older network devices that use this slower standard.
The model also features Cisco's advanced security and network management features, allowing for robust network monitoring and control. It's designed for high-performance, high-density applications and can be used in a variety of environments such as Campus, Data Center, Service Provider and Enterprise networks.
Features and Benefits
The WS-C4900M Cisco Catalyst 4900M is designed for high-performance, high-density applications and is capable of delivering a number of advanced performance features.
In terms of switching capacity, the switch can handle up to 320 Gbps of throughput, which allows it to process a large amount of data in a short amount of time.
It also supports non-blocking architecture which means that all of the ports on the switch can operate at their full capacity simultaneously, without any performance degradation. This allows for maximum flexibility in configuring the switch for different network requirements.
Additionally, The model has a high-performance ASIC that provides hardware-based forwarding and queuing, allowing for efficient and consistent performance.
Furthermore, it supports Jumbo Frame (up to 9216 bytes) which allows for larger packet sizes which can improve network performance in some cases.
Benefits of Layer 3 Switch
A Layer 3 switch is a type of network switch that can perform the functions of a traditional network router, in addition to the functions of a traditional network switch. This means that a Layer 3 switch can forward packets based on their IP address, in addition to forwarding them based on their MAC address (as a traditional switch would). This capability provides a number of benefits over traditional Layer 2 switches.
- Routing: One of the most significant benefits of a Layer 3 switch is that it allows for routing at the switch level. This means that packets can be forwarded based on their IP address, rather than just their MAC address, providing a higher level of granularity and control over network traffic.
- VLAN: Layer 3 switches can create virtual LANs (VLANs), which segment network traffic and improve security. VLANs can be created based on IP subnets, providing an additional level of segmentation beyond what is possible with traditional Layer 2 switches.
- Quality of Service (QoS): Layer 3 switches can also prioritize network traffic based on IP address, providing more granular Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities. This allows for critical traffic, such as voice and video, to be given priority over less critical traffic.
- Scalability: Layer 3 switches can also be used to create large, scalable networks. They can handle inter-VLAN routing and provide routing between different subnets.
- Security: Layer 3 switches can provide enhanced security features such as access control lists (ACLs) and virtual private networks (VPNs) to protect against network threats.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C4900M
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# WS-C4900M
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Series: 4900
- Product Type: Layer 3 Switch
Technical Specifications for 8 Ports Switch
- Ports: Switch 8 ports L3 Managed
- Enclosure Type: Rack-mountable 2U
- Subtype: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- MAC Address Table Size: 55K entries
- Processor: 1: 1.3 GHz
- Status Indicators: Port status, power, system
I/O Expansions of L3 Managed Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 11
- Expansion Slot Type: X2
Network & Communication of Slots-11 Ethernet Switch
- Layer Supported: 3
- Layer 3 switching, layer 2 switching, BOOTP support, VLAN support, IGMP snooping, Broadcast Storm Control, IPv6 support, Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP) support, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) support, Quality of Service (QoS), Jumbo Frames support
Management & Protocols
- Routing Protocol: RIP-1, RIP-2, EIGRP, static IP routing
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP 1, SNMP 2, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, Telnet, SNMP 3
- Manageable: Yes
- SNMP v1,2,3
- Web based management
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 10 - 90%
- Standard Memory: 512 MB
- Memory Technology: SDRAM
- Memory Card Supported: Compact Flash (CF) Card
Dimension and Weight
- Height: 3.5 Inch
- Width: 17.2 Inch
- Depth: 17.9 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 25 LBS
- Compliant Standards: NEBS level 3, CISPR 22 Class A, CISPR 24, EN 60950, EN 61000-3-2, EN50082, EN55022, VCCI Class A ITE, IEC 60950, EN 61000-3-3, EN55024, EN55022 Class A, UL 60950, CSA 22.2 No. 60950, EN 61000-6-1, AS/NZS 60950-1, ICES-003 Class A, FCC Part 15 A
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C4900M at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.