Details Information for 48 Port Switch
The WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V is a switch module for the Cisco Catalyst 4500 series of switches. It provides 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports in a compact form factor that can be installed in the chassis of a Cisco Catalyst 4500 switch. Each port on the part supports 10/100/1000Mbps operation and auto-negotiates the speed, duplex, and flow control. All ports are also capable of providing both power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and non-PoE capabilities. Additionally, this switch module provides support for VLAN tagging (IEEE 802.1Q) and Quality of Service (QoS) features.
This model is designed to provide a high-performance and scalable switching solution for data center, enterprise, and campus networks, as it enables to expand your network while allowing more devices to connect to your network without compromising on performance.
It also has feature such as:
- Support for industry-standard Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) for bundle up to 8 ports for increased bandwidth.
- Support for Jumbo Frame which allows for sending larger packets (up to 9216 bytes)
- Support for Cisco EnergyWise technology which allows to monitor, measure and manage energy consumption.
It is important to note that to use this module, you need a catalyst 4500E or 4500X as the host chassis.
High Performance of Catalyst Switch
The WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V Cisco Catalyst 4500 switch module is designed to provide high-performance, reliable, and secure network connectivity for a variety of environments.
Some of its key performance characteristics include:
- 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports with RJ-45 connectors, allowing for high-speed connectivity to other devices and networks.
- Line-rate module, capable of forwarding all packets at wire-speed without any packet loss.
- Support for 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet data transfer speeds.
- Support for Cisco Quality of Service (QoS) features, as well as Advanced Traffic Management (ATM), to ensure that network traffic is properly prioritized and managed.
- Support for Cisco EnergyWise technology, which helps to reduce energy consumption and costs by allowing administrators to monitor and manage power usage of network devices.
- Support for Cisco FlexStack, which allows stacking of multiple switch modules to be controlled as a single switching unit
It is important to note that the overall performance of the switch module will also depend on factors such as the quality of the network cables and the network equipment to which it is connected. In addition, the actual performance may vary based on the specific network configuration, the number of connected devices, and the traffic patterns of the network.
It's worth mentioning that the part is an older model, and there might be newer models available with different performance characteristics and capabilities.
Reliability of 48-Ports Switch Module
The WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V Cisco Catalyst 4500 switch module is designed to provide high-reliability network connectivity for data center and campus environments.
Here are several features that contribute to the reliability of This product:
- Line-rate performance: It is a line-rate module which means it can forward all packets at wire-speed without any packet loss. This means the switch is able to handle high-bandwidth traffic, even during peak usage periods, without slowing down the network or causing packet loss.
- Quality of Service (QoS) and Advanced Traffic Management (ATM) support: Allows for advanced traffic management, prioritization, and shaping which improves the overall reliability of the network by ensuring critical traffic is given priority.
- Redundancy: The module supports multiple redundancy features such as Redundant Power Supply (RPS) and Hot Swappable Power supply, which helps to improve reliability by allowing for the replacement of failed components without disrupting the network.
- Cisco EnergyWise technology: allows to reduce energy consumption and costs by allowing administrators to monitor and manage power usage of network devices. This technology is designed to increase the lifespan of the equipment, and in turn, improve the overall reliability of the network.
- FlexStack support: which allows stacking of multiple switch modules to be controlled as a single switching unit, providing increased scalability and flexibility. This feature is especially useful in large networks where multiple switches are needed.
- Built to handle high traffic: The model is designed to handle high-density network traffic, which makes it suitable for data center or campus environments.
It's important to note that the overall reliability of the network also depends on many other factors such as the quality of the network equipment to which it is connected, the quality of the cabling, and the regularity of maintenance and troubleshooting. It's worth mentioning that part is an older model and there may be newer models available with different features and capabilities.
General Information about this Cisco WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- MPN: WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V
- Product Name: Catalyst Switching Module
- Product Type: Switching Module
- Application/Usage: Switching Network
- Interfaces/Ports: 48 x 10/100/1000Base-T LAN
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 48 x RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T PoE LAN
- Connectivity Media: UTP
- Data Transfer Rate: 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet Half/Full-duplex
- Data Transfer Rate: 10 Mbps Ethernet Half/Full-duplex
- Data Transfer Rate: 1 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet Full-duplex
Dimension & Weight
- Height: 1.2 Inch
- Width: 14.3 Inch
- Depth: 10.8 Inch
- Weight: 10 Lbs
- Compatibility Catalyst 4500 Series
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.