Installation and Configuration
The WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE is a Cisco Catalyst 2 Ports Fabric Module that is used in conjunction with the Catalyst 6500 series switches. This module provides additional connectivity options and bandwidth for the switch, as well as supporting various networking protocols.
Here are the steps for installing and configuring the WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE module:
- Power off the Catalyst 6500 switch.
- Locate an available slot on the chassis and insert the module into the slot until it clicks into place.
- Secure the module in place using the appropriate screws or brackets.
- Power on the switch and wait for it to boot up.
- Access the switch using the console port or remote management software.
- Enter configuration mode by typing "configure terminal" in the command prompt.
- Verify that the module is recognized by the switch using the command "show module". The module should be listed as installed and active.
- Configure the module using the appropriate commands for the desired protocol or function. For example, to configure the module for Ethernet networking, use the "interface gigabitethernet" command to create a new interface and assign it an IP address.
- Save the configuration changes using the "copy running-config startup-config" command.
Features and Benefits
The WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE is a Cisco Catalyst 2 Ports Fabric Module that provides high-speed connectivity between the Supervisor Engine and the Switch Fabric. This module is designed to be used with the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches, and it offers several features and benefits.
- High-speed connectivity: The WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE provides high-speed connectivity between the Supervisor Engine and the Switch Fabric. It uses a high-speed 32 Gbps bus to transfer data, which helps to ensure that there is no bottleneck in the network.
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports: The module comes with two Gigabit Ethernet ports, which can be used for network connectivity. The ports support both copper and fiber connections, which makes it easy to integrate with existing network infrastructure.
- Hot-swappable: The WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE module is hot-swappable, which means that it can be replaced without shutting down the entire system. This helps to minimize downtime and ensures that the network stays up and running.
- Compatible with Supervisor Engine 1A: This module is designed to be used with the Supervisor Engine 1A, which is a powerful engine that provides advanced features and functionality.
- Improved network performance: The WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE provides high-speed connectivity between the Supervisor Engine and the Switch Fabric, which helps to improve network performance. This module ensures that data can be transferred quickly and efficiently, which reduces latency and improves overall network performance.
- Easy integration: The two Gigabit Ethernet ports on the module make it easy to integrate with existing network infrastructure. The ports support both copper and fiber connections, which means that it can be used with a wide range of devices.
- High availability: The hot-swappable feature of the WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE ensures that the network stays up and running even if the module needs to be replaced. This helps to ensure high availability and minimizes downtime.
- Advanced functionality: The WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE is designed to be used with the Supervisor Engine 1A, which provides advanced features and functionality. This allows network administrators to optimize network performance and implement advanced security features.
Compatibility and Interoperability
The WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE is a Cisco Catalyst 2-ports fabric module designed to provide high-speed connectivity between different modules and components within a Cisco Catalyst switch. This module is compatible with several different Cisco Catalyst switch models, including the Catalyst 6500, 6506, 6509, and 6513.
In terms of interoperability, the WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE module is designed to work seamlessly with other modules and components within a Cisco Catalyst switch. This includes other fabric modules, supervisor modules, line cards, and power supplies.
When selecting and installing components within a Cisco Catalyst switch, it is important to ensure that all components are compatible with each other and that they are installed in the correct slots and configurations. The Cisco website provides detailed documentation and compatibility matrices to assist with this process.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE
- Product Name: Supervisor Engine 1A and Switch Fabric Module
- Product Type: Supervisor Engine
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
Interfaces / Ports
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x RJ-45 Female Console/Auxiliary Management
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate: 1 Gbit/s
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 3
- Expansion Slot Type: GBIC
Processor & Chipset
- Processor Speed: 150 MHz
Dimension & Weight
- Height: 1.6 Inch
- Width: 15.3 Inch
- Depth: 16.3 Inch
- Weight: 12 Lbs
- Additional Information
- Intelligent multi layer switching and network management
- Support for the FlexWAN module for WAN-edge connectivity
- 2 GBIC-based Gigabit uplink ports
- Wire-speed IP/IPX Multicast
- Full Internet routing table support
- Wire-rate inter-VLAN IOS access control lists (ACL) and intra--- VLAN access control lists (VACL)
- HSRP for high availability and load balancing
- QoS port architecture (Rx/Tx) is 1p1q4t/1p2q2t
- Switch Load approximates switch load from one to 100 percent
- Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF): No
- PFC daughter card available: Yes (PFC); Not field upgradable
- MSFC2 daughter card available: Yes, not field upgradable
- SFM supported: No
- Layer 2 forwarding: Performs Layer 2 forwarding with Layer 4 features
- MAC addresses: 128K
- Forwarding rate: Up to 15 Mpps per system
- Bandwidth: 32 Gbps per system
- Layer 2, 3 traffic classification and marking: Layer 2 only, not upgradable to support Layer 3
- Multilayer (Layer 3) switching: Unsupported
- Distributed forwarding: Unsupported
- Operating system: Cisco Catalyst OS only
- Upgrade support: None
- Not supported:
About Refurbished Products
For all your expansion module needs, we've got you covered with high-performance devices that increase functional capability and ease business processes.
You can talk to any of our staff and consult on what would be the best way forward when getting an expansion module to complement and enhance existing infrastructure and meet your immediate and future needs.
We have hardware level 12 with firmware 3.0 or higher modules that allow for the installation of up to 14 expansion modules below the base module for resilient performance. Expansion modules connect to the base module using USB Type-A connectors. That's not all, we have hardware level 11 and lower that supports up to 9 expansion modules.
With an expansion module, you get additional cartridge storage as well as tape drive capacity. We have expansion modules that contain up to two drives and two power supplies. You can choose to have the expansion module with tape drives and power supply installed so that it makes setup easier from your end. Expansion modules will need a power supply only if you install a tape drive in them. A single power supply can actually power two drives. However, you can add a second power supply for redundancy purposes. Without a tape drive, the expansion module is powered via the USB cable connected to the base module.
Expansion modules require 2U rack space and will be shipped with the necessary mounting hardware used to secure them to the rack.
The top features of the expansion modules we've listed include:
- High-resolution LCD screens of up to 5" with backlight for a vibrant visual experience and ease of use. The expansion modules have programmable line keys ensuring that the interface is intuitive and interactive.
- Straightforward setup to facilitate easy installation.
- Availability of a wide range of custom configurations
- Advanced call handling and contact management capabilities to help increase productivity.
- XML browser functionality
- Compatibility across systems which helps to leverage existing IT infrastructure investment. All the expansion modules we've made available will help to enhance your existing desktop solutions.
- Seamless fusion with planar and fibre technology
- Compatibility with phone models such as SIP-T27P and SIP-T29G helps to expand functionality.
- Availability of color icons that enhance the visual experience for users. There are color-coded independent actionable control keys that facilitate fast switching between pages.
- Ability to link together a maximum of six phone systems and up to two expansion modules from a single host phone.
- Support for up to 3 modules on a daisy-chain
- Reduced excess loss and PDL
- Support for advanced call functions including call forwarding, call transfers, multi-person conferencing, call pickup, LDAP, speed dial, and BFL list.
- Shipped with a stand that has two adjustable angles
You can find almost every module option in our catalogue, we have modules with different numbers of ports, from 1-port options to 50- and 90-port options, you can also check out our 20 Gigabit, 48 Gigabit, and 100 Gigabit expansion modules. Browse through our categories to find the best option for your needs.
All expansion modules make for ideal solutions for administrative assistants, receptionists, and contact center employees due to the ability to easily manage large call volumes and monitor a large number of contacts.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.