The Cisco Aironet 1252AG Wireless Access Point (AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9) is a model of wireless access point that can be deployed in various scenarios depending on the requirements of the network. Some deployment scenarios for the AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 are:
- Standalone deployment: In this scenario, the access point is deployed as a standalone device and is used to provide wireless access to a small or medium-sized network. This deployment scenario is suitable for businesses or organizations that require a basic wireless network without complex network management.
- Controller-based deployment: This deployment scenario involves deploying the AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 access point with a wireless LAN controller (WLC). The WLC provides centralized network management, and the access points can be configured and monitored from a single interface. This deployment scenario is suitable for large-scale wireless networks with multiple access points.
- Mesh deployment: In a mesh deployment scenario, the AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 access point is used as a mesh access point to provide wireless coverage to areas where traditional wired connections are not feasible or practical. Mesh access points are connected wirelessly to other mesh access points, forming a self-healing network that provides wireless coverage to the entire area.
- Bridge deployment: In a bridge deployment scenario, the AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 access point is used to bridge two wired networks, providing wireless connectivity between them. This deployment scenario is useful for connecting remote offices or buildings wirelessly to the main network.
- Outdoor deployment: The AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 access point can be deployed in outdoor environments to provide wireless coverage in parks, stadiums, and other outdoor areas. Outdoor deployment scenarios require additional equipment to protect the access point from the elements and provide power to the device.
Network Planning and Design
The network planning and design for the Cisco Aironet 1252AG Wireless Access Point (AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9) involves several key steps to ensure that the access point is deployed in a way that provides optimal wireless coverage, performance, and security. The following are some important steps involved in network planning and design for the AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 access point:
- Determine the wireless coverage area: The first step in network planning is to determine the wireless coverage area required for the network. This involves identifying the areas where wireless access is required and determining the number of access points needed to provide coverage in those areas.
- Perform a site survey: After determining the coverage area, a site survey should be performed to identify potential sources of interference, such as other wireless networks or physical obstacles, that may affect the performance of the access points. A site survey also helps to determine the best location for the access points and the type of antenna needed for each access point.
- Select the appropriate access point: Once the coverage area and site survey have been determined, the appropriate access point should be selected based on the requirements of the network. The AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 access point is a high-performance access point that is suitable for large-scale wireless networks with high user density, so it is ideal for networks that require high-speed data transfer and high client capacity.
- Design the network topology: The network topology should be designed based on the requirements of the network and the number of access points needed to provide coverage in the coverage area. This involves selecting the appropriate wireless LAN controller and designing the wireless network to ensure seamless roaming and optimal network performance.
- Configure the access point: Once the network topology has been designed, the access point should be configured to ensure optimal performance, security, and reliability. This includes configuring the SSID, security settings, and other network parameters to meet the requirements of the network.
- Test and optimize the network: After the access point has been configured, the network should be tested to ensure that it provides optimal wireless coverage, performance, and security. This involves testing the network for speed, reliability, and coverage, and making any necessary adjustments to optimize the network performance.
The Cisco Aironet 1252AG Wireless Access Point (AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9) provides several security features to protect wireless networks from unauthorized access, data theft, and other security threats. Some of the security features of the AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 access point are:
- Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2): WPA and WPA2 are security protocols that provide strong encryption to protect wireless networks from unauthorized access. The AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 access point supports both WPA and WPA2 security protocols, allowing users to choose the level of security they require.
- 802.1X authentication: 802.1X is an authentication protocol that provides secure access to wireless networks by requiring users to authenticate with a username and password. The AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 access point supports 802.1X authentication, providing an additional layer of security to wireless networks.
- MAC address filtering: MAC address filtering is a security feature that allows network administrators to specify which devices are allowed to connect to the network. The AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 access point supports MAC address filtering, enabling network administrators to limit access to authorized devices only.
- Rogue access point detection: Rogue access point detection is a security feature that allows network administrators to detect unauthorized access points that may be connected to the network. The AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 access point supports rogue access point detection, enabling network administrators to identify and disable unauthorized access points.
- VPN passthrough: VPN passthrough is a security feature that allows users to connect to a virtual private network (VPN) through the wireless network. The AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 access point supports VPN passthrough, enabling users to connect securely to a remote network over the wireless network.
- Guest access: The AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 access point provides a guest access feature that allows network administrators to provide limited access to guests or visitors without giving them access to the main network. This helps to ensure the security of the main network while still providing access to guests or visitors.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9
- Category Name: Networking
- Sub Category Name:Wireless 108MBPS
- Brand Name: Cisco
- Product Line: Aironet
- Product Series: 1200
- Product Model: 1252
- Product Name: Aironet 1252 Wireless Access Point
- Product Type: Wireless Access Point
- Wireless LAN Standard: IEEE 802.11n
- ISM Band: Yes
- UNII Band: Yes
- ISM Minimum Frequency: 2.41 GHz
- ISM Maximum Frequency: 2.46 GHz
- UNII Minimum Frequency: 5.15 GHz
- UNII Maximum Frequency: 5.32 GHz
- Number of Antennas: 6
- Antenna Gain: 10 dBi
- Antenna Connector: RP-TNC Connector
- Wireless Transmission Speed: 600 Mbps
- Gigabit Ethernet Port: Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 1
- Management Port: Yes
Management & Protocols
- Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Browser based management
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC
- Input Voltage: 220 V AC
Power Source: Power Supply
A wireless network connection allows users to connect their server, computer, or mobile phone networks without the use of any kind of wire cables.
Using a wireless network, enterprises and private owners are able to avoid the expensive and strenuous process of installing cables. There is no need for wired devices between equipment in different locations and into the buildings.
Wireless network router, for example, allows for simultaneous connection sharing between various wireless accessories for a better performance experience. Wireless networks make use of radio waves to allow devices to connect. They can connect devices such as laptops, mobile phones, and smart televisions to the internet or other applications.
When users have their wireless devices connected to Wi-Fi hotspots in public places, the connection remains established to that particular business network. While installing a new wireless networking device in homes or offices, users must consider several things. One of the most important ones is the unit's compatibility with other wireless accessories
Wireless Networking Devices
Fast and reliable internet connectivity is guaranteed when users pick the right set of networking devices for home and office networks. Wireless devices come in different varieties. These different types of networking devices only function to suit users' connectivity requirements. Wireless routers connect devices to the internet for high-quality streaming and surfing. They also improve users' streaming experience and other internet activities.
In most cases, wireless networking devices help users get their work done easily with lesser stress. They ensure fast and reliable internet connectivity at all times.
You can choose the right device for your needs from a wide selection of AllHDD wireless devices. We have new and refurbished devices like 1 to 8-port interface cards, external 3G and 4G modems, wireless access points with the speed range from 11MBps up to 5.2GBps and everything in between.
Main Types of Wireless Networks
There are four main types of wireless networks:
Wireless Local Area Network (LAN)
This type of network links two or more devices using a wireless connection method. It provides a connection via access points to a wider internet. Wi-Fi is the most commonly known and used wireless LAN type.
A local-area network is one that exists at a single location—an office building, for instance. LANs can be used to connect a wide array of accessories, such as scanners, printers, and even data storage devices.
The known components of LANs include switches, access points, routers, firewalls, and Ethernet cables.
Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN)
A metropolitan-area network is one that spreads across a city, small geographical area, business area, or even college campuses. One distinguishing factor that differentiates MANs from LAN is the coverage capacity or size. LANs usually provide a network for a building or specific area.
While MANs, on the other hand, covers several square miles depending on the desires and requirements of the organization using it. Large scale companies often obtain MANs to level up with their needs.
This happens most especially in situations whereby a company has a spacious organization. Then, they have the need to manage important components such as climate control and electrical systems.
Wireless Wide Area Network (WAN)
A wide-area network covers an incredibly vast area. It can be a whole city, an entire state, or even a country. The internet everyone uses today is an apt example of WAN access. Just like the internet, a WAN consists of smaller networks, such as the LANs or MANs.
The cellular service we get on our mobile devices today is the most commonly known example of wireless Wide Area Networks. It is always available everywhere we go within the country.
Wireless Personal Area Network (PAN)
Personal-area networks consist of a network mainly concentrated around the devices of a single person in a particular location.
A PAN could have a mobile phone, computers, video game consoles, or other auxiliary devices. They are regular home devices and small office devices. A well-known example of a wireless PAN is Bluetooth.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Wireless
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.